Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marrone was the consolation prize for Cleveland if they couldn't get Chip Kelly. Why would we want Cleveland's backup plan? I just don't get this at all. Who is going to be OC and DC?

So last night is was reported that Cleveland couldn't decide between Marrone and Kelly and now Marrone's a backup. Reach much?

Nassib has a strong arm, but that's putting the QB in front of the draft, isn't it? B-)

I think we're in for 4 Months of "Nassib will be The Bills QB" posts... :thumbsup:

Truth is Marrone is an Offensive Football Coach who is going to be like a kid in a candy store looking at all these QB's...If he's smart, and he is...His relationship with Nassib will mean nothing...If he thinks another QB fits his system better he'll have The Bills go after that guy aggressively...The chances Nassib becomes the next Buffalo Bills QB are actually not much better than they were yesterday... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Im not excited for this hire. Maybe if we get Horton at DC I will feel better. Who cares about Doug Marrone? Didnt see this coming. Im least excited about this that I was about Chan's hire. I would like to know why this guy...

See, this is the over reactionary commentary on C. Kelly that I love. You say he had "blue chippers?" when he got there? Name them please. This program in Eugene is not Penn state or Notre dame by any means.

What else is funny is Nike a local company based in Portland is mocked because they buy a team new unis (for marketing reasons obviously) and throw some money (like any D1 program) and this board has people that attack that? Why?

Because his detractors will always bring up that the Ducks rarely put anyone into the NFL. So which is it? This year their ranked 42nd in recruiting. I don't see that as a huge program built on recruiting, quite the opposite. Kelly's big recruit for 2013 supposedly is a local kid (where he gets a lot of players) that ran for 600 yards in a single game. The kid is from Beaverton.

Marone's record is 25-25 in the end, I hope succeeds in Buffalo. I am hopeful that he will in a FEW years turn it around. I personally need to learn more about the guy. I do find it odd that Brandon a sales and marketing guy by trade. Hired on the outer limit geograhpically of his Bills fanbase, and oh yea he's from there.

I'm not bashing Kelly but it seems pretty obvious you're a Ducks fan. But 1) you're delusional if you don't think Nike isn't a huge benefit to that program

2) the Oregon program is anywhere close to as bad as the Syracuse program Marrone inherited

3) Kelly inherited a team that finished on the top 10 the year before! If Kelly went to Syracuse & had that team at #4 in the country, that's one thing. But the talent level at Cuse & Oregon is on different planets.

For the record, my top choice would have been David Shaw of Stanford. I think he translates better to the pros than Kelly & learned from Harabaugh. Kelly is a damn fine college coach but I did have questions about him as a pro coach. We will see.

Adam Schefter@AdamSchefter

Filed to ESPN: Doug Marrone has agreed to leave Syracuse and become the next head coach of the Buffalo Bills.

LET'S GO!!!!

Well for what it's worth here we go again . With all the coaching candidates out there we go less than 1 week & have our man of the future, the only thing we can hope for is that he is a guy that has hidden talents when it comes to the NFL.

6 years of total NFL experience as a assistant, 1 HC position that has brought a team from down under to a respectable 500 in 4 years wow that's something to look forward to ...

With others out there like Arians , Trestman , Lovie that have proven records of winning divisional, & championships rounds with teams we get a guy that at his best has went 500 . That is setting our goals high isn't it ya i know baby steps ...

But it's a widely different issue depending on why. Your answer amounts to "I don't know but I'm still right"

Lame.

Im trying to answer your questions, I guess Im just not understand what youre asking.

If youre asking me to give you the situation each time he passed on 3rd and 1 or punted from the 35 then Im sorry I cant do that. I dont keep a log of those situations in my head for the past 3 years.

I think we're in for 4 Months of "Nassib will be The Bills QB" posts... :thumbsup:

Truth is Marrone is an Offensive Football Coach who is going to be like a kid in a candy store looking at all these QB's...If he's smart, and he is...His relationship with Nassib will mean nothing...If he thinks another QB fits his system better he'll have The Bills go after that guy aggressively...The chances Nassib becomes the next Buffalo Bills QB are actually not much better than they were yesterday... B-)

I agree KOK. I don't think he will draft him just because he coached him. I never understood that. This player played for this coach, so he will sign here. That never made to much sense to me. They will go with whom ever they feel with fit there system, it may or may not be Nassib. Time will tell.

Edited by westside

It was sort of funny the first four times the homers crashed and burned. We've heard all the same stupid **** when greggo and malarkey and jauron and chan got hired.

But it's kind of getting old now. Love smith is begging to take over a team that has no business being considered, and we hire

Surprise, surprise, surprise

The fan base expander and marketing gimmick from down the road Russ Brandon style.

Such stupid ****.

I was sure RB was going after whisenhunt which would have been bad enough, but he went even dumber.

Good luck Blo. 4-12 will be an accomplishment next season.

Could you expand on this please. If Marrone was accused of anything at SU it was being too aggressive. I can assure you he won't be punting from the 45 very often.

Im not sure if im allowed to. Beerball and Simon have made it known that I cant say the same thing more than once. I got a "warning point" for Spamming.

But at a risk, I'll say that his situational decisions were questionable at best. And no, he was accused of being to aggressive in weird situations like passing on 3rd and 1. Not by going for it at his own 40. That was by far not the case. He punted in their territory more times than I want to count.

Edited by LiterateStylish

So last night is was reported that Cleveland couldn't decide between Marrone and Kelly and now Marrone's a backup. Reach much?

Marrone was clearly a name that was getting attention...When I first heard the Bills were going to interview him I was thinking..."What?" Then I read up more about him, saw the obvious interest he was getting everywhere, and realized there has to be something to the guy...Plus...I'm not saying he's the next Sean Payton whatsoever...But he's from that tree...And I for one LOVE Sean Payton...He's one of my favorite NFL HC's...I just think the guy is outstanding, detailed, etc...

So anyway, the thought of Marrone being a legit candidate should not be surprising to any Bills fan IMHO... B-)

Nothing like breaking news in the middle of the night! I don't know much about how he coaches, but I kind of like the unknown at this point. LET'S GO BILLS!!!!

So, let's review what has happened at 5:00am on 1-6-2013.........

NHL Lockout is over.........

The Bills have a new head coach.......

Who needs sleep!!!!!

What? The NHL lockout is over?! Slow start to the day for me and all this has gone on.