Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is hilarious is how people are rallying around this hire. Just like they rallied around Jauron and Gailey. How much more info do you need than Marrone finised .500 in the Big East?!?! I really feel sorry for so many of you. Low expectations and low intellect is a terrible combination!

I am 100% with you... I find the positive spin doctors' attempts at justifying this cheap hire as far worse than 'hilarious'. We all deserve better as Bills fans, and yet there are still those out there who get kicked in the face by a shiny golden boot and say "thank you". How many times will players and fans be kicked in the face before they realize that things are that bad?

What is hilarious is how people are rallying around this hire. Just like they rallied around Jauron and Gailey. How much more info do you need than Marrone finised .500 in the Big East?!?! I really feel sorry for so many of you. Low expectations and low intellect is a terrible combination!

Another case of someone just looking at the numbers and not the big picture. He took over a program at Syracuse in total disarray and turned them around in 4 years winning 2 bowl games one against WV with a QB and player most see as the first player taken in upcoming draft

Again, look at the overall picture if ur going to complain about his final record

1) You don't know anyone on this board, so things like the bolded statement are completely uncalled for and out of line.

2) Anyone that claims to know how Marrone will perform as a head coach is being, in the very least, overly presumptuous. Nobody knows. There are good talking points on both sides to suggest potential success or lack thereof, but to state with any certainty an opinion about his coaching acumen in the NFL is folly.

You really don't understand college ball, do you. There is a reason it's called a program..it is different than the NFL. Very few programs get turned around quickly, especially one that was as low as Cuse was when he came in.. There is no draft, no trades, no waiver wire acquisitions. You stuck with what ya got when you get there.

Jesus people, please think before you spew.

No if we picked Lovie we would be picking a winner retread with a lot of credibility and a great defensive mind. With Marrone we get no credibility and no offensive or defensive pedigree. I'm shocked and disappointed

If we hired Lovie Smith we would have had a coach that had one of the most talented defenses in the league in the last decade and had one of the most talented offenses this year (and ever since they got Cutler) and did ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WITH THEM! One Super Bowl loss with all that talent and not even the playoffs this year. These coaches got fired for a reason, just like teams let backup QBs go for a reason, they are not SB cailbre talent. Plain and simple. Much happier about this decision than Smith or any Arizona coach.

He should have some success somewhere! He made a bad college team in a bad conference a mediocre college team in a bad conference. A .500 winning percentage is not all that exciting. Excuse me for not rolling out the red carpet

I'm only five pages into this thread, and while I don't know much about Marrone, it is particularly clear to me that the Bills made this pick specifically to piss you off.

One of the things I really like about Marrone is that he took a dome team and destroyed WV - and the heralded Geno Smith - in the snow at Yankee stadium. Plus his other bowl win was against Kansas St. - pretty darn good program.

On a side note, it's nice to see all of the negative reactions from posters that usually just lurk. See you all again in 7 years when Marrone retires, taking his 3 SB trophies with him.

Can we stop it with the unfounded knee jerk pessimism!!!

Can you catch a falling star without burning your hand? Can you put the sky in your mouth? Can you say to an earthquake..'hey hold still for a second'? No! Such is Bills fans!

I am 100% with you... I find the positive spin doctors' attempts at justifying this cheap hire as far worse than 'hilarious'. We all deserve better as Bills fans, and yet there are still those out there who get kicked in the face by a shiny golden boot and say "thank you". How many times will players and fans be kicked in the face before they realize that things are that bad?

How is this a cheap hire? Is it bc it's not Chip Kelly? Marrone was in demand by numerous teams and he chose the Bills after turning a bad Cuse team around

My guess is u wouldn't hv be happy with anyone except Kelly who has left a few teams hanging

!!I don't know much about him, but I like it. A new fresh mind in the NFL head coach roll. A guy with NFL expierence, unlike C. Kelly (see The old ball coaches ressume in the NFL) who has never coached at this level. We now have a HEAD COACH not one that will be so involved in the Offense that our D will be forgotten, and one who likes to develop players as well as coaches. I love this move, I never did like the Head Coaches calling Offensive plays, if you wanted to be an Offensive Coordinator you should have interviewed for that job. I am not worried about who the O Coordinator will be, but I bet we at least are going to know his name this year...LOL.

I did have a crazy thought about something. What if we got G. Williams back as our Defensive Coordinator. Granted he did get fired as our Head Coach but this guy is a Defense Guru and I bet all coaches put bounty's on guys they just don't call it that and Greg was the only one that got caught. He would have our Defense playing at a high level with the players we have right now and Greg will come cheap and he will be hard up for a Job and nobody else will want him. Just a Thought.

Go Bills!!

I would have liked Lovie also as I think he is a decent head coach. But i'm also sick of the retread thing.

Gailey - retreaded offensive mind - failed

Jauron - retreaded defensive mind - failed

Mularkey - no head coaching experience offensive mind - failed

Williams - no head coaching experience defensive mind - failed

Smith - retread defensive mind, always had offensive struggles - failed there is why he is looking for work

Whisenhunt - retread offensive mind, other than 1 year not very good record - failed there is why he is looking for work

Talk about same old same old. Though I like smith, I don't see much of a difference in any of the 6 retreads I named. Marrone is a good choice, breath of fresh air, and anyone poo pooing on him does not know one bit about how BAD Syracuse was when he took over. I have been extremely pleased with the progress Syracuse has made since he took over. I think he is going to be very good, better than Whisenhunt or Smith.