Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

Adam Schefter was just on ESPN re Marrone:

- described DM as the most "hotly pursued" coaching candidate - even more than Chip Kelly

- Sean Peyton disciple

- detail oriented

- brings structure to an organization

- innovative offensive mind

Superbowl!

Seriously, that makes me feel good

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we stop it with the unfounded knee jerk pessimism!!!

come on...you've been here long enough to know the answer is no LOL

YES! I am a Bills fan been one for over 40 years the question I have for you is are you a true fan? I have seen many of the ups and downs of this team so how dare your question my fan hood. I will never give up on this team no matter how much they frustrate me because they are a important part of my life.

get 'em!

Adam Schefter was just on ESPN re Marrone:

- described DM as the most "hotly pursued" coaching candidate - even more than Chip Kelly

- Sean Peyton disciple

- detail oriented

- brings structure to an organization

- innovative offensive mind

I like the sound of that from schefter...he's in the know if nothing else

I wish I wasn't so amped up but I'm really at my breaking point with this team. I really felt like we were close. A good coach like Lovie and maybe a good OC and we could have been a contender. I feel like with Marrone we are back to a rebuilding phase

Possible but obviously we have no idea. Only thing is national press is good with this. Not sure if that means anything......Either way means nothing until we get a QB.

Edited by nucci

8-5 this year 25-25 in the weakest conference in college this is a joke hire wtf. Same old same old nothing changes....what free agents are joing to sign or re sign for doug moron?? Ad og and safety to the list of needs and start the count down ti when we can hope to get a new coach

If ur going to knock him for his overall record you should at least mention that he took over a terrible program and turned it around rather quickly winning 2 bowl games but I'm guessing you didn't even know that n basing ur opinion just looking at his record

What is hilarious is how people are rallying around this hire. Just like they rallied around Jauron and Gailey. How much more info do you need than Marrone finised .500 in the Big East?!?! I really feel sorry for so many of you. Low expectations and low intellect is a terrible combination!

So how do you deal with looking in the mirror? :nana:

Russ Brandon, went out and interviewed some top candidates, made his decision and quickly got his man. This is very unlike past hirings. Usually the Bills wait until every other team has hired someone and then they go out ang get a retread former head coach nobody wanted. Marone is going to turn the culture of this losing franchise around.

I know almost nothing about Marone. I live in the South and focus most of my college football watching on the Big 10 and SEC. But I watched a lot of the Syracuse-West Virginia Pin Stripe bowl last weekend. And Syracuse looked amazing in lousy conditions against a good opponent. Marone had them focused and READY TO PLAY and WIN! When was the last time Gailey had the Bills prepared and ready to compete against a quality opponent?.........All quiet with that answer. LOL And everything I have heard about Marone in the past week was ALL POSITIVE! I am excited about the move. A lot of you wanted Lovie Smith...WHY? He was a decent coach, and nothing more. Did the Bears ever overachieve? not in the slightest.. Now lets get that QB we need, and this franchise will be on the rebound. Go Bills.

I would have preferred Smith but I'm just a fan. Like you said, let's see his staff

Ewwww.

Seriously, though, I'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt but fear this is Gregg Williams 2.0

What is hilarious is how people are rallying around this hire. Just like they rallied around Jauron and Gailey. How much more info do you need than Marrone finised .500 in the Big East?!?! I really feel sorry for so many of you. Low expectations and low intellect is a terrible combination!

What else are we supposed to do as Bills fans? I wasn't expecting this either but I'll atleast give the Bills credit for taking a different approach. The trend seems to be that college type offenses are being used in the NFL so in that respect I'll keep an open mind and give this guy a chance.

Brandon takes reins for the new era, er, error

I wish I wasn't so amped up but I'm really at my breaking point with this team. I really felt like we were close. A good coach like Lovie and maybe a good OC and we could have been a contender. I feel like with Marrone we are back to a rebuilding phase

agreed, feels like a step backwards, hopefully I am wrong...

A lot of you wanted Lovie Smith...WHY? He was a decent coach, and nothing more. Did the Bears ever overachieve? not in the slightest.. Now lets get that QB we need, and this franchise will be on the rebound. Go Bills.

Yes, Lovie went to the SUPERBOWL with REX GROSSMAN! If that's not overachieving I don't know what is

I know almost nothing about Marone. I live in the South and focus most of my college football watching on the Big 10 and SEC. But I watched a lot of the Syracuse-West Virginia Pin Stripe bowl last weekend. And Syracuse looked amazing in lousy conditions against a good opponent. Marone had them focused and READY TO PLAY and WIN! When was the last time Gailey had the Bills prepared and ready to compete against a quality opponent?.........All quiet with that answer. LOL And everything I have heard about Marone in the past week was ALL POSITIVE! I am excited about the move. A lot of you wanted Lovie Smith...WHY? He was a decent coach, and nothing more. Did the Bears ever overachieve? not in the slightest.. Now lets get that QB we need, and this franchise will be on the rebound. Go Bills.

I hope you are right and I am wrong....

Marrone turned Cuse around all most immediately. With little talent he coached those kids to back to 8-5 seasons and bowl appearances. Pretty solid accomplishment, but does it warrant a NHL HC shot? Seems a little early to throw that at him. I say that because the Bills were the only team interviewing him. That makes me nervous. Marrone will have a huge challenge in front of him and will need a ton of help. Front office better have a plan for a OC and DC. I doubt Marrone has those relationships. ESPN just ran a peice on the hire and Herm Edwards had some nice things to say about the new coach.

Oh well, I know this, find a top QB to play in B-lo and Marrone will look like the next NFL genious and Brandon will be the genious who took a shot on him.

Good luck Doug! We're with you.

What else are we supposed to do as Bills fans? I wasn't expecting this either but I'll atleast give the Bills credit for taking a different approach. The trend seems to be that college type offenses are being used in the NFL so in that respect I'll keep an open mind and give this guy a chance.

True. But Doug Marrone hasn't ever run a college type offense. He ran a pro type offense in Syracuse after running, well, a pro type offense in New Orleans. Before that, he coached the OL for Herm Edwards in New Jersey.