Bills hire Doug Marrone to be Head Coach

sven233

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of all the canidates I knew the least about Marrone. Reading through this thread has been really depressing.

But how can anyone say he's definely worse than all the others? What coordiators were each canidate going to bring in? Lovie Smith could have been the best choice, with the right OC, but he could also end up being Dick Jauron 2.

If they knew they were out on Chip Kelly, I can't say that this was a terrible choice until I hear some more details.

Are you sure you are a Bills fan? We have seen it all before. Too many years of losing has made us pessimistic, and rightfully so. This hiring has #SameOldBills written all over it

YES! I am a Bills fan been one for over 40 years the question I have for you is are you a true fan? I have seen many of the ups and downs of this team so how dare your question my fan hood. I will never give up on this team no matter how much they frustrate me because they are a important part of my life.

Chan felt like a loser decision right from the start.....as did Skeletor.....

This feels different. Lets watch the man build his staff.....and hope that his relationship with the FO in terms of personnell is a good one. Lets see who he keeps around and the type of player they start to bring in.

Something feels good about this.

Edited by filthymcnasty08

No as in going for the uninspiring no-name guy they can get on the cheap. And I wouldn't be bragging about first time NFL coaches from college. Besides Harbaugh (who was a great NFL qb for years and had credibility coming from a great coaching family) name another first time coach from the college ranks that has done well in the NFL.

Who is bragging? I was just pointing out that a first time NFL coach from college is the OPPOSITE of the #SameOldBills. And I'm not sure how uninspiring he is when several teams were interested in him. He has an extensive NFL resume and success at a college program that put him on the radar of multiple NFL teams.

Edited by Pondslider

I was hoping for Mike McCoy or Lovie Smith but will certainly pull for Marrone.

When Marrone's name first came up, I did some googling. And after reading the Pitoniak's blog post above, I'm getting much more comfortable with this hiring.

Per Pitoniak, Drew Brees said he “loved working with Marrone because Doug knew offenses inside and out, was meticulous in his preparation and was a great leader.”

Whether you like or don't like the hiring, I'd suggest you click on the link 26CornerBlitz posted, it's worth the two minutes...

What would Lovie or Whisenhunt hirings have been?

Lovie is a proven winner and defensive genius and players and coaches and media alike were all shocked that he was fired after going 10-6. Future hall of famer Devon Hester is so upset that he is contemplating retirement. I think that speaks volumes for Lovie's credibility around the league

8-5 this year 25-25 in the weakest conference in college this is a joke hire wtf. Same old same old nothing changes....what free agents are joing to sign or re sign for doug moron?? Ad og and safety to the list of needs and start the count down ti when we can hope to get a new coach

No as in going for the uninspiring no-name guy they can get on the cheap. And I wouldn't be bragging about first time NFL coaches from college. Besides Harbaugh (who was a great NFL qb for years and had credibility coming from a great coaching family) name another first time coach from the college ranks that has done well in the NFL.

Some dude namedTom Coughlin...think he has won a Super Bowl or two

don't be depressed...be cautiously optimistic...marrone is a good football guy and as an SU fan he was a great coach for us....let's hope it just wasn't because of the SU background....Marrone may be the real deal...I am getting more and more comfortable with this decision since i read the news an hour ago....

Of all the canidates I knew the least about Marrone. Reading through this thread has been really depressing.

But how can anyone say he's definely worse than all the others? What coordiators were each canidate going to bring in? Lovie Smith could have been the best choice, with the right OC, but he could also end up being Dick Jauron 2.

If they knew they were out on Chip Kelly, I can't say that this was a terrible choice until I hear some more details.

Two coaches who have coached their teams to a Superbowl....

5-6 years ago. I would have liked Smith but why can't we wait until things move along? Most here love Parcells and he thinks highly of him. Give it a chance. It's not the worst thing that can happen. Many teams interviewed him.

8-5 this year 25-25 in the weakest conference in college this is a joke hire wtf. Same old same old nothing changes....what free agents are joing to sign or re sign for doug moron?? Ad og and safety to the list of needs and start the count down ti when we can hope to get a new coach

Thanks for your 6 posts.........

I was considering putting out an intricate post about how I really like the hire even if he wasn't my number one choice... but it wouldn't get read at this point in the thread ha.

It would by me. I have an open mind about it and I'm hungry for info. I'm in the dark about the guy and any good insight is much appreciated.

What little I've read so far is reassuring. The number one positive: first Bills coach in a long time who was not just fired by someone who is sick of their crap.

Edited by gringo starr