Russ Grimm

Griff28

I'm intrigued. He was a hot commodity a few years ago. It would be interested to see who he would bring in as his coordinators.

I like the idea of having a HC who is not also a coordinator/playcaller on one side of the ball. I know that Russ is well respected around the league. I would be OK with him as long as he has strong coordinators.

Don't know if Grimm is the answer, but I like the fact that he is a hard nosed kind of guy. This team needs to get mentally tougher and grow a set and Grimm might be the right guy to instill this kind of attitude. I am tired of the Bills getting pushed around and laughed at.

I read somewhere(I don't remember where) that Grimm was Rooneys first choice to replace Cower but the NFL intervened and said the Sterlers should go with the minority since he was qualified and the Rooney rule was in place because of them. Take that for what it's worth, I'm sure with some digging someone can fin something about it. If there is even the slightest bit of truth to that then this may be Whaleys suggestion.

I read somewhere(I don't remember where) that Grimm was Rooneys first choice to replace Cower but the NFL intervened and said the Sterlers should go with the minority since he was qualified and the Rooney rule was in place because of them. Take that for what it's worth, I'm sure with some digging someone can fin something about it. If there is even the slightest bit of truth to that then this may be Whaleys suggestion.

You mean this is "The Reverse Rooney Rule?"

I posted it in the shoutbox earlier...here it is:

Link

It's a little ways down the page...

Edited by thebandit27

Here's a fun "Russ Grimm" fact for y'all:

When Russ Grimm was drafted by the Redskins he thought the Redskins played in the state of Washington, not Washington DC.

Uhhh, I'd pass. Funny how it's leaked the Bears want Mike McCoy and it's leaked the Bills want Russ Grimm...LOL

Edited by 1billsfan

We have a solid o line now...if he's brought in our off line would be coached up to the best in the league. You want a little leverage for levitre to stay, protection for a potential rookie qb and downfield maulers for Spiller and freddy...then you hire this guy.

Didn't we want to interview him 3 years ago? I thought he told us to go fly a kite. What's changed, Russ?

Who knows...maybe he liked his situation in Arizona. :doh:

I hope they call Ken Whisenhunt. As soon as I heard that he got the axe, I thought this was the guy to go after.

We have a solid o line now...if he's brought in our off line would be coached up to the best in the league. You want a little leverage for levitre to stay, protection for a potential rookie qb and downfield maulers for Spiller and freddy...then you hire this guy.

Have you watched Arizona's offensive line lately?

The Cardinals have one of the worst lines in the league. The Bills need to hire a smart man, Grimm is not a smart man.

The Cardinals have one of the worst lines in the league. The Bills need to hire a smart man, Grimm is not a smart man.

Hang on there...who says he's not a smart man? The Cardinals had ZERO talent on that line...they were starting 4th and 7th round picks at OT this year...

Hang on there...who says he's not a smart man? The Cardinals had ZERO talent on that line...they were starting 4th and 7th round picks at OT this year...

He turned down an interview for an NFL head coaching job and look where his career path him led him three years later... as an offensive line coach for one of the worst lines in the league.

So you're telling me that this is a smart man? That this man is head coaching material?

Edited by 1billsfan

Not saying I want Grimm, however the Cards drafted 1 offensive lineman in the last 3 drafts. One! That 1 lineman was the 151st pick Senio Kelemete in the 5th round this year. Hard to build a squad with that kind of attention.

My mistake. 2 offensive lineman. Bobby Massie in the 4th round (#112) this year also. But, my point is still the same.

Edited by SoggyHog

Not saying I want Grimm, however the Cards drafted 1 offensive lineman in the last 3 drafts. One! That 1 lineman was the 151st pick Senio Kelemete in the 5th round this year. Hard to build a squad with that kind of attention.

My mistake. 2 offensive lineman. Bobby Massie in the 4th round (#112) this year also. But, my point is still the same.

+ Nate Potter in the 7th this year...just sayin

That you're so desperate you'd seriously consider Russ Grimm? When he graduated from college he didn't know the Redskins played in Washington DC.

I know people very close to him. From what they have told me, he doesn't really seem to have what it takes to be a head coach-- kind of a dolt.

Also, when he interviewed for the steelers opening, he was the front runner going in, and after the interview they were really unimpressed and ended up passing on him ( and whisenhunt) for tomlin.

I know people very close to him. From what they have told me, he doesn't really seem to have what it takes to be a head coach-- kind of a dolt.

Also, when he interviewed for the steelers opening, he was the front runner going in, and after the interview they were really unimpressed and ended up passing on him ( and whisenhunt) for tomlin.

Great, continuity!

he worked for the team for 5 years... how bad of an interview would he have to give to really surprise them vs expectations? ouch.

That you're so desperate you'd seriously consider Russ Grimm? When he graduated from college he didn't know the Redskins played in Washington DC.

I'm not desperate to consider Grimm. I just stated that he wasn't give much to work with. I don't know much about the guy really. I simply took a look at what kind of attention the Cards paid to the offensive line the past few years. And it wasn't much. That's all I was saying.

I have heard the same - he lacks attention to detail.