How old were you when the Bills last made the playoffs?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was 23 when the MCM took place. I used to get completely pissed about my teams losing. On the cusp of 36 now and through this futility I have learned to detatch from sports emotionally. The Bills are my team, win or lose, just like the Knicks, the Irish, and the Yankees. Winning sure would be nice again though. :thumbsup:

I figured this would be a good game to get us through this terrible season and give perspective to just how long it has been....

1999 was the last year the Bills made the NFL Playoffs...

I was 26 years old, no debt, single, happy...now I will be 40 next year, lots of debt, married, and my entire 30's will be spent not watching a SINGLE Bills playoff game.

How about you?

30 and watched the game at the Mercy Hospital following the birth of my daughter. Thankfully, my wife was still kinda drowsy...

I too was 30 and had a baby daughter, though she was almost six months old at the time. Now she's in eighth grade, had her first formal dance last month, and will be driving in less than three years.

Three years and a week to the day later, my son was born. He too is a rabid Bills fan, for which I have apologized to him more than once. In seven weeks he will be ten years old. When I was eleven, the Bills went 11-5 and made the playoffs. 1980 was like magic to me. I doubt 2014 will be that way for him.

That game was also five jobs ago for me. We've had four presidential elections since then. Jesus.

I was 14 and in high school.

It's funny. I am now married with our first baby on the way and my friend said to me the other day "If you were to ask me in 1999 what would happen first, Bills make the playoffs or you getting married and having a baby on the way, I would have said the Bills make the playoffs:"

Kinda puts it in perspective as to how long its been since we have been in the playoffs.

CBF

I was 39...watched th game at a wedding reception. the couple has since divorced and one has been married twice more since. I thought the 70s were a miserable decade to watch BILLs football at Rich stadium aka The Ralph. Calling it the Ralph is appropriate since a majority of football played there in the past decade makes one want to vomit.