The Tarvaris Jackson Trade - huh?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/03/tarvaris-jackson-expected-to-remain-no-3-all-season/

From Chan's own mouth, Tarvaris isn't expected to rise above 3rd string this season. THIS SEASON!

The Bills org spent $1.75 Million for a 1 year contract and traded away a draft pick (a 7th, but moves up to a 6th if he is active for 6 games) for a 3rd string QB. Sound move!

Thank you, Buffalo Bills, for once again proving that you are who we thought you were.

http://profootballta...o-3-all-season/

From Chan's own mouth, Tarvaris isn't expected to rise above 3rd string this season. THIS SEASON!

The Bills org spent $1.75 Million for a 1 year contract and traded away a draft pick (a 7th, but moves up to a 6th if he is active for 6 games) for a 3rd string QB. Sound move!

Thank you, Buffalo Bills, for once again proving that you are who we thought you were.

:rolleyes:

You don't suppose their going to re-sign him, do ya?

Dude threw for over 3000 yards last year, we needed someone that is an actual QB (not Brad) for that spot. $1.75M is reasonable, and 7th round picks are a joke. Would you rather Ralph just keep the money to add to the stack he'll never spend?

7th round picks have almost no value. And 1.75 mil ain't a large salary. So what is your point?

I'm guessing that Jackson isn’t picking up the offense as quickly as Chan had hoped he would and that is why he’ll stay at #3 for the season. That and because Brad Smith has been working more with the WRs due to the lack of depth/talent there.

Wasn't stevie johnson a 7th round pick?

Yes he was.

This has a lot to do with Chan's cronyism with Thigpen. Chan will do whatever it takes to keep Thigpen employed. That's why Vince Young was cut. Same thing with Choice. Why did Johnny White barely get any touches in preseason? Because Chan doesn't want anyone to challenge his pet players. Both guys will be here as long as Chan is HC (and not a day longer).

What Chan states publicly means nothing. If Fitz were to go down with an injury, then lets see what he says, until that happens it's pretty much a moot point anyway.

It just amazes me how so many people seem to believe every word spoken by the Bills must be 100% correct. They are required to tell their fan base everything!

This has a lot to do with Chan's cronyism with Thigpen. Chan will do whatever it takes to keep Thigpen employed. That's why Vince Young was cut. Same thing with Choice. Why did Johnny White barely get any touches in preseason? Because Chan doesn't want anyone to challenge his pet players. Both guys will be here as long as Chan is HC (and not a day longer).

LMAo what is worng with some of you's.. The brain is clealry mis funstioning when you spend your time ocming up with these insane conspiracy theories..

You have to be what 14....

Edited by shibuya

LMAo what is worng with some of you's.. The brain is clealry mis funstioning when you spend your time ocming up with these insane conspiracy theories..

You have to be what 14....

the sad part is - growing up doesnt seem to stop the craziness. it might be worse even.

Remember in the preseason when Vince Young and Tyler Thigpen stunk it up. They dumped Young and wanted an upgrade over Thigpen so they traded for Jackson. Remember right after the trade for Jackson, there was talk Thigpen could be cut. There is the only one plausible explanation at this point: Now that they've seen T. Jackson up close and in person, they now realize he sucks worse than Thigpen which is why he remains 3rd string. The trade did not upgrade the back-up QB position as they had hoped. And quite honestly, is there anyone who can honestly say they thought Jackson would be an upgrade for the Bills after watching him play in Minnesota and Seattle? He was horrible!

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

I'm guessing that Jackson isn’t picking up the offense as quickly as Chan had hoped he would and that is why he’ll stay at #3 for the season. That and because Brad Smith has been working more with the WRs due to the lack of depth/talent there.

Yes he was.

More like he sucks now that Chan has seen him play in person

More like he sucks now that Chan has seen him play in person

More like Chan does not have the guts to admit that his choice of a starting QB is an epic fail.

Let me tell you right now what's in store for Fitz:

1) Chan man's up and sits Fitz. That would involve big personal courage on his part and colossal embarrassment, os

2) Chan gets booted at year end and the new guy gets rid of Fitz.

Either way, Fitz is basically done as the Bills starting QB.

Yes he was.

I am guessing that if Jackson doesn't pickup the offense this year, he will not be resigned. VY's problem was between the ears, and perhaps Jackson has some of that as well. Stay tuned! We do have a Harvard man starting, with his big brain!!!

It was a good move. They did it because if the Seahawks cut him they were going to have to fight other teams to sign him.

Anyone who did not watch Vince Young in the preseason, stop saying ¨we should have kept Young!¨ No we should not have. He freaking sucks and you would easily be able to tell that if you watched.

This was a good move if it is our intention to use him as a backup. My biggest fear is that once Fitz fails, they are going to try to sell Jackson to the fanbase as the next starter. If they do this, I will stop watching. We need an elite prospect!

This is all I can think of in regard to this post:

- Fitz is playing terrible and all the fans are calling for his head.

- If Tavaris Jackson was the 2nd string quarterback fans would be calling for Fitz to be pulled, and to put TJ in.

- Chan & Nix know that us fans will not be chanting for "Thigpen" at the next home game and shaking Fitz's confidence anymore than it already is. (If Tavaris was the backup we would have been calling his name at the New England game.)

- Well played Chan! now work on your gameplan!

- If Tavaris Jackson was the 2nd string quarterback fans would be calling for Fitz to be pulled, and to put TJ in.

- Chan & Nix know that us fans will not be chanting for "Thigpen" at the next home game and shaking Fitz's confidence anymore than it already is. (If Tavaris was the backup we would have been calling his name at the New England game.)

Hmmmm...I think you have something there.

It follows the "your backup qb is always the most popular guy on a bad team" theory... unless your backup qb gets a football bounced off his helmet while warming up and is named "thigpen"...in that case utilize smelling salts and reinsert broken qb!

If T. Jackson can't beat out Thigpen, that kinda tells me all I need to know.

'cuz Thigpen is BAD!

Depends. Do you et thr guy who has a year in the system get first crack at the job if Fitz goes down, or the guy with 5 weeks.

Ralph Is Wasteful!

Funniest line around here in at least a week. Well done.

What does Buffalo's Pro Personnel Department do anyway?

Well presumably they had a lot to do with the Bills offering contracts to Mario Williams, Robert Meachem, and Mark Anderson.

This all makes sense except that it might actually be possible for us to hit rock bottom and start calling for Thigpen.

well you don't want to upgrade to a 6th rounder do ya? besides our playbook is so huge only a Harvard Grad can learn it. ;)

well you don't want to upgrade to a 6th rounder do ya? besides our playbook is so huge only a Harvard Grad can learn it. ;)

Well we are in real trouble if only a Harvard grad can learn it. The only ones that seem confused by our huge and complicated playbook are our own players. I don't see much confusion in the opposing players defensive players. Isn't the idea of a complicated offense suppose to confuse the opponent, not your own players? Yeah, Chan is an offensive genius alright!

well presumably they had a lot to do with the Bills offering contracts to Mario Williams, Robert Meachem, and Mark Anderson.

on the brightside - we didnt get meachem. wasnt a fan of breaking the bank for him and he has followed his underwhelming career path while in San Diego so far

Dude threw for over 3000 yards last year, we needed someone that is an actual QB (not Brad) for that spot. $1.75M is reasonable, and 7th round picks are a joke. Would you rather Ralph just keep the money to add to the stack he'll never spend?

Shannon Sharpe, Tom Nalen, Donald Driver, Marques Colston, Gary Anderson, Stevie Johnson, Justin Rogers, Julian Edelman, Rashad Jennings, Peyton Hillis, Ahmad Bradshaw, Cortland Finnegan, Dave Tollefson, Jay Ratliff, Tully Banta Cain, Brett Keisel, Rock Cartwright, TJ Houshmanzadeh, Jay Riemersma, Adam Timmerman, Jamal Anderson, Michael McCrary, Kurt Schulz, Leon Lett, Dave Szott, Marion Butts, and a guy named Bo Jackson were all 7th round draft picks. There are lots of diamonds in the rough that can be found so I wouldn't say they're a complete joke.

True Story.