Equipment Manager fired after 35 years?

Sloppy !@#$ing journalism. Poor guy probably had 20 friends call him yesterday and ask what he did to get fired.

Many times when people are fired it is labeled as early retirement or retirement package. Given this is occurring now makes it suspicious as just a guy waking up one day and deciding to retire. Generally he'd likely choose end of season if it was planned

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many times when people are fired it is labeled as early retirement or retirement package. Given this is occurring now makes it suspicious as just a guy waking up one day and deciding to retire. Generally he'd likely choose end of season if it was planned

yeah, i agree. something happened to force this "retirement". The Bills PR probably just threw HoJo a bone and asked the news to backtrack on the firing and officially call it a retirement.

Zactly, he got severance. They call it early retirement.

I have no quantitative evidence but my own observation tells me the Bills seem to fall down - even on their own turf - more than any other team I watch. I know this guy retired but I wonder if it's possible that the equipment dept is not providing them with the right / best shoes, among other things...

Considering the Bills are the only team using this exact brand of turf, it might be the turf too-just ask Ben Raplesburger.

Really???? I mean sure, pointing out that we have a midget on our staff is sophomoric but you're so sensitive to it that it's the STUPIDEST thing you've read on this site? When did you join, yesterday? I mean after all, the guy is indeed a midget (which I believe the correct term is little person now, which I can't believe they'd actually rather be called, but I digress.)

So if you went 350 pounds would you rather be called a "Fat F*ck" or a "Big Person?" Lol

Breaking: AP Wire:

According to sources, Dave Hojnowski was released after it was discovered that he mistakenly substituted Rugby balls for NFL regulation footballs during mini-camp, training camp and regular season practices. Mr. Hojnowski was quoted as saying "they are heavier and larger which gave our guys more of a look as the ball was in flight during their practices." As it turns out, the use of Rugby balls backfired on the team in its opener. Leodis McKelvin was asked if practicing with Rugby balls made any difference in his coverage of WR's. "You betcha" said the first round pick "I could hardly see that little NFL ball go whizzin' by me out there...ya know what I'm sayin'??" Hojnowski had no comment other than a finger salute as he walked away from One Bills Drive in a westerly direction toward Cleveland. More to follow on Twitter at #ByeByeShoulderPadsGuy

:lol: is this a John W. piece

I have never heard that, why are more then half of the leagues jerseys one color with the collar and the jersey being the same (Cards, Bears, Giants, Steelers, Redskins, Bucs, etc.)? It could be worse just watch the Seahawks play a game in those uniforms-could hardly keep my dinner down.

The teams that still have the old style or monochromatic collars chose to either not incorporate the flywire collar into the jersey or keep the upper portion the same color as the jersey so everything completely blends. Nike offered a few different variations of uniform designs/materials and teams chose the ones that they wanted. That's why you see a few different jersey styles among all the teams. I hope that clears it up a little bit.

Considering the Bills are the only team using this exact brand of turf, it might be the turf too-just ask Ben Raplesburger.

So if you went 350 pounds would you rather be called a "Fat F*ck" or a "Big Person?" Lol

I can't believe I'm responding to this, but equating fat f@*k to midget is a bad comparison.

I can't believe I'm responding to this, but equating fat f@*k to midget is a bad comparison.

Agreed. To me it's midget is to "some word not made up yet to save the feelings of a fat person" as little person is to "giant bodied human." Then again you really can't compare as midgets are midgets. They can't stop eating Cheetos and go for a run a few time a week and become tall.

HoJo is a great guy, that bleeds for this team. I met HoJo when i was 4 years old and he has remained a family friend for years. As i have mentioned before my grandfather worked for the Bills in the 70's and 80's up until his death. my grandfather and HoJo became friends and HoJo was always at family events while my grandfather was alive. I last saw him when Buffalo played in Atlanta a few years back. HoJo brought the entire equipment staff into my restaurant. HoJo loves the Bills as much or more then any of us. he has worked 90 hour weeks for years and not because the pay is amazing. I just got off the phone with my unlce who spoke with HoJo earlier today. There is more to the story. HoJo is a great guy and has always represented the team and city of Buffalo with pride and class. He was one of the 'good guys' in the orginization. Sad to see him go.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

HoJo is a great guy, that bleeds for this team. I met HoJo when i was 4 years old and he has remained a family friend for years. As i have mentioned before my grandfather worked for the Bills in the 70's and 80's up until his death. my grandfather and HoJo became friends and HoJo was always at family events while my grandfather was alive. I last saw him when Buffalo played in Atlanta a few years back. HoJo brought the entire equipment staff into my restaurant. HoJo loves the Bills as much or more then any of us. he has worked 90 hour weeks for years and not because the pay is amazing. I just got off the phone with my unlce who spoke with HoJo earlier today. There is more to the story. HoJo is a great guy and has always represented the team and city of Buffalo with pride and class. He was one of the 'good guys' in the orginization. Sad to see him go.

hint ?

Seriously, I think we all suspect there is more to the story. Any hints, or are you just going to leave us with that cliffhanger?

The teams that still have the old style or monochromatic collars chose to either not incorporate the flywire collar into the jersey or keep the upper portion the same color as the jersey so everything completely blends. Nike offered a few different variations of uniform designs/materials and teams chose the ones that they wanted. That's why you see a few different jersey styles among all the teams. I hope that clears it up a little bit.

I'm actually interested in this topic but I don't really have the slightest idea what you're talking about. What is "flywire technology"? And why are people adopting it if it screwing up their jerseys?