Equipment Manager fired after 35 years?

It's been covered many times. Long story short, the collars have to do with the Nike flywire technology being unable to make the front part any color but the same color as the jersey.

I have never heard that, why are more then half of the leagues jerseys one color with the collar and the jersey being the same (Cards, Bears, Giants, Steelers, Redskins, Bucs, etc.)? It could be worse just watch the Seahawks play a game in those uniforms-could hardly keep my dinner down.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the ''secret story'' behind this?

http://www.buffalone...PORTS/120919625

'Bills equipment manager Dave Hojnowski has been fired by the team. Hojnowski was one of the longest-tenured employees in the organization, and was in his 35th year. The Bills had no comment on Hojnowski other than to confirm he no longer is employed by the team. He had been working with the club throughout training camp and preseason. The move apparently came last week. The Bills' equipment staff is headed by Jeff Mazurek, director of equipment operations, and includes two assistant managers.'

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix looking for someone else to blame?

What's the ''secret story'' behind this?

http://www.buffalone...PORTS/120919625

'Bills equipment manager Dave Hojnowski has been fired by the team. Hojnowski was one of the longest-tenured employees in the organization, and was in his 35th year. The Bills had no comment on Hojnowski other than to confirm he no longer is employed by the team. He had been working with the club throughout training camp and preseason. The move apparently came last week. The Bills' equipment staff is headed by Jeff Mazurek, director of equipment operations, and includes two assistant managers.'

It's abt time some heads rolled around here, superbowl!

I have no quantitative evidence but my own observation tells me the Bills seem to fall down - even on their own turf - more than any other team I watch. I know this guy retired but I wonder if it's possible that the equipment dept is not providing them with the right / best shoes, among other things...

i have read alot of stupid stuff on this site but this tops it from my opinion.

Really???? I mean sure, pointing out that we have a midget on our staff is sophomoric but you're so sensitive to it that it's the STUPIDEST thing you've read on this site? When did you join, yesterday? I mean after all, the guy is indeed a midget (which I believe the correct term is little person now, which I can't believe they'd actually rather be called, but I digress.)

I have no quantitative evidence but my own observation tells me the Bills seem to fall down - even on their own turf - more than any other team I watch. I know this guy retired but I wonder if it's possible that the equipment dept is not providing them with the right / best shoes, among other things...

:blink:

Really? Are they not sponsored by Nike and given the best equipment available?

I have never heard that, why are more then half of the leagues jerseys one color with the collar and the jersey being the same (Cards, Bears, Giants, Steelers, Redskins, Bucs, etc.)? It could be worse just watch the Seahawks play a game in those uniforms-could hardly keep my dinner down.

The Packers collar looks the same as last year, too--- and it's not monochromatic.