Equipment Manager fired after 35 years?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok if I'm doing my math correctly he was fired just before he turned 55. That is what he alleges. That means this guy was doing the same job since the age of 20. Perhaps he just wasn't that bright. Maybe he was good in the locker room but had trouble using spread sheets. My guess is he was not too bright and should have been fired long ago. Of course missing items such as jerseys/helmets sold to boost his income could be at the heart of this. I sincerely doubt the Bills would fire a guy just to avoid health care benefits. They can waste that amount of money on a back up full back.

My guess is he was not too bright and should have been fired long ago. Of course missing items such as jerseys/helmets sold to boost his income could be at the heart of this. I sincerely doubt the Bills would fire a guy just to avoid health care benefits.

If that's the case, he's lucky he only got fired. A guy I used to work with was caught stealing and selling from the company and he now has a criminal record. And yes, he was not to bright. When asked to look, I found his eBay auctions, and verified it was him, in under 5 minutes.

prolly because he was due medical insurance coverage at 55 years of age and corporate didn't want the expense, nice to see our team is no different from the rest of them when it comes to screwing long time loyal employees, if true......

prolly because he was due medical insurance coverage at 55 years of age and corporate didn't want the expense, nice to see our team is no different from the rest of them when it comes to screwing long time loyal employees, if true......

And why do you figure that as a "probably" and not a "I suppose it might be possible that"

We've seen no indication that's true besides his date of birth, and several rumblings of other issues

Seriously, I think we all suspect there is more to the story. Any hints, or are you just going to leave us with that cliffhanger?

I guess it finally came out.

I did not want to say anything because i had a feeling that his firing was not going to be done.

And Hojo was no dumbie. He was a great equipment manager for years.

• 9 months later...