I know there is alot of negativity

I don't mean to sound like a homer but did anyone think the bills were going to go 16 and 0. Even the news media was hoping for a 2 to 3 break in the games. Another thing and once again I sound like a homer, but when the Bills were going through their good years I remember a Monday night where the chiefs were primed and ready and they whipped us really bad. I think the steelers also did on a Monday night and we beat them that same year in the playoffs. I am not saying that we are as good as those teams but I think there are just some games where you run into a buzzsaw. The media was killing the Jets for the last couple of weeks and Ryan had them ready for bear and we were weak to it and played badly.

The Bills, Giants, and Packers are all winless but they are not out of the playoff hunt. I am not saying we don't have problems but I don't think anger and panic are the way to go.

Im rolling with you, Im not ready to throw in the towel until at least a 7th loss (depending on playoff chances) The game was a complete cluster Fark, but the season is still young and sometime you have to wait all season for payback. Wishful thinking LETS GO BUFFALO!!! One day things will change and theyll be on the crap end of the stick for 10 years.

I fully understand your disdain for negativity. However, I can assure you that denial isn't a way forward. What we all saw last Sunday wasn't just a bad game. It was a complete and utter lack of preparation, a total breakdown in discipline, and the absence of any kind of leadership.

On Sports networks, the Bills are being called things like "putrid", "awful" and "just a bad team."

Jim Kelly himself said that he had become less hopeful for our team in recent weeks.

The point I'm making is that this team cannot be saved by a "stay the course" mentality. The fans need to remain vocal and engaged about what's making them unhappy. The Booing of certain players on Sunday (Fitz) is a way to let OBD know that we don't apreciate what's going on. EVERY true Bills fan at that game should do it without hesitation. BOO FITZ. -S#!t, Boo Gailey too, if you get a chance. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse. If the fans continue to accept this, it will be another ten years before we see the playoffs.

Better coaching, Better Players, and Better Play. -That's all we ask as fans.

I fully understand your disdain for negativity. However, I can assure you that denial isn't a way forward. What we all saw last Sunday wasn't just a bad game. It was a complete and utter lack of preparation, a total breakdown in discipline, and the absence of any kind of leadership.

On Sports networks, the Bills are being called things like "putrid", "awful" and "just a bad team."

Jim Kelly himself said that he had become less hopeful for our team in recent weeks.

The point I'm making is that this team cannot be saved by a "stay the course" mentality. The fans need to remain vocal and engaged about what's making them unhappy. The Booing of certain players on Sunday (Fitz) is a way to let OBD know that we don't apreciate what's going on. EVERY true Bills fan at that game should do it without hesitation. BOO FITZ. -S#!t, Boo Gailey too, if you get a chance. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse. If the fans continue to accept this, it will be another ten years before we see the playoffs.

Yours is hyperbolic, to say the least.

Just finished watching the game again, and we were simply on the wrong end of EVERY bounce. We didn't get continually beat down, we just didnt. we just made the right amount of costly mistakes, and the jets caught just the right amount breaks.

I love the game, and that damn team (or the concept of the Buffalo Bills NFL franchise) too much to get suicidal after one loss, albeit and awful one....I have my concerns and doubts like anyone would, if they were objective...but I take some solace in the fact that we were one decent QB performance away from playing a good game...defense will still come around...honestly, I didn't have the Jets in NJ penciled in as one of my 8 wins for the season. I would feel better if they had lost 31-27 or something like that...but when it comes down to it, a loss is a loss, no matter what the final score is. I expect a much, much, much better performance against the Chiefs on Sunday...can't wait!

BOO FITZ. -S#!t, Boo Gailey too, if you get a chance. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse. If the fans continue to accept this, it will be another ten years before we see the playoffs.

I'll be at the game Sunday. I'm an equal opportunity booer. If someone does something bad, I boo. If they do something good, I cheer. I don't care who they are or what they did last week. If the whole team stinks I boo and that's for the coaches.

Yours is hyperbolic, to say the least.

Just finished watching the game again, and we were simply on the wrong end of EVERY bounce. We didn't get continually beat down, we just didnt. we just made the right amount of costly mistakes, and the jets caught just the right amount breaks.

This was my take as well pretty much. However our D was bad. No getting around that. Yeah, Fitz threw 2 bad picks (not counting the pick 6) and then our D came in and rolled over and gave up TDs. Can't do that. Can't turn it over, and if you do, you gotta keep the other team out of the EZ at least. And, our punt team needs to get better as well. But really, we played them pretty much heads up but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The pick 6, punt return, and CJ fumble was the difference in the game. We did play darn good against the run though which is encouraging.

It's not like it was a 49-3 drubbing where we got 2 first downs and the other team didn't have to punt kind of game ...

I'm not making excuses, and an L is an L, but a little perspective couldn't hurt us fans.

Go BILLS !!

This was my take as well pretty much. However our D was bad. No getting around that. Yeah, Fitz threw 2 bad picks (not counting the pick 6) and then our D came in and rolled over and gave up TDs. Can't do that. Can't turn it over, and if you do, you gotta keep the other team out of the EZ at least. And, our punt team needs to get better as well. But really, we played them pretty much heads up but we kept shooting ourselves in the foot. The pick 6, punt return, and CJ fumble was the difference in the game. We did play darn good against the run though which is encouraging.

It's not like it was a 49-3 drubbing where we got 2 first downs and the other team didn't have to punt kind of game ...

I'm not making excuses, and an L is an L, but a little perspective couldn't hurt us fans.

Go BILLS !!

I tried not to, but I ended up buying into some of the off-season hype.

I probably wouldn't have minded a loss, if our D had shown up, or if we didn't look LOST offensively. Last Sunday I saw ZERO chemistry. Nothing was clicking on either side of the ball.

Then there was the Cromartie pick-6, where Fitz simply walked off the field while his lineman pursued the defender. That looked bad. -Real bad.

Edited by #34fan

The point I'm making is that this team cannot be saved by a "stay the course" mentality. In the Gailey-Fitz era things have clearly gone from bad to worse.

This

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I'm more concerned about our coaching staff.

There's just no excuse for being unprepared in that fashion against a division rival on opening weekend.

Our gameplans were horrible, and what's worse was they appeared to do nothing in the way of adjustments come the second half, especially on the defensive side.

If we don't bring more pressure on D this Sunday, this team is in BIG trouble. You simply cannot win in the NFL sending 4 guys on every down, I don't care who those 4 guys are.

I hope Wanny shuts me up, big time.

I don't mean to sound like a homer but did anyone think the bills were going to go 16 and 0. Even the news media was hoping for a 2 to 3 break in the games. Another thing and once again I sound like a homer, but when the Bills were going through their good years I remember a Monday night where the chiefs were primed and ready and they whipped us really bad. I think the steelers also did on a Monday night and we beat them that same year in the playoffs. I am not saying that we are as good as those teams but I think there are just some games where you run into a buzzsaw. The media was killing the Jets for the last couple of weeks and Ryan had them ready for bear and we were weak to it and played badly.

The Bills, Giants, and Packers are all winless but they are not out of the playoff hunt. I am not saying we don't have problems but I don't think anger and panic are the way to go.

Plus it's just preseason and the Bills aren't really trying. Once the real games start they'll just flip a switch a start playing great, like the championship teams of the 90s to whom they are even more closely related than the Giants and Packers.

Fitz's ribs are better now and he has new mechanics coach so it doesn't mean anything that he has never led a team to a winning season in 7 years in the NFL including 4 mostly starting.

Plus Edwards is gone and everyone knows he was the real problem on defense. Once we get a new DC to go along with all the talent the defense will probably be top 10.

Don't worry about the Jets game because the Jets were really fired up, the Bills just didn't get the bounces and had some injuries. Also, the Jets OT kept hitting Mario in the face, which isn't fair. It's an anomaly, after all. It's not like the Bills have been losing recently.

Edited by vincec

This does sum it up nicely for the "negative" crowd. Everyone just wants to see some positive results on the field

I'm as much an optimist as anyone here, but that game was pathetic. Most disturbing to me was the defense. Look, we all know Fitz is not a great quarterback, but we expected the defense to be much better. Yes, Fitz sucked, but we've seen that before. Maybe not as bad as this last game, but we know it is there.

With the change in coaching, scheme, and young players, I knew there would be some growing pains for the defense. But not like that. I thought one defensive player would make a spectacular play, I thought the Bills might give up a big play or two at most. But to get dominated by a mediocre QB like Sanchez? Really? There's no excuse for that. I expected our defensive line to have an impact on the game, and they had none.

So I think the negativity is fully justified. Until the Bills defense can show they can make a difference, my opinion is that they suck. Until Williams plays like he's paid to play, he sucks and is a waste fo !@#$ing money. Until the secondary covers someone, they suck. Until the linebackers deliver some massive hits on a TE across the middle, they suck. The Bills defense sucks.

Chris Kelsay was the best defensive player on the field on Sunday. .......... Let that sink in for a minute, then try to be optimistic.

You should definitely stay home.

it's the end of the world and we know it and I feel fine.

Week one against a Div opponent. Yes It sucked but it was only 1 game.

If the trend continues then we'll have a legit reason to B word.

As for the mediots - they are the ultimate bandwagon clowns.

No balls to stick to their guns, they blow with the wind

There's just no excuse for being unprepared in that fashion against a division rival on opening weekend.

Our gameplans were horrible, and what's worse was they appeared to do nothing in the way of adjustments come the second half, especially on the defensive side.

If we don't bring more pressure on D this Sunday, this team is in BIG trouble. You simply cannot win in the NFL sending 4 guys on every down, I don't care who those 4 guys are.

+1

Totally agree.

Here here

It wasn't just that the Bills players looked unprepared and inept on both sides of the ball. It came down to the Jets DB's were so well coached and ready to play they knew exactly where Fitz was going to throw and what routes SJ would run. Jets DB Antonio Cromartie looked like he was the one running the proper route.

The Jets were disciplined and prepared and the Bills players weren't. For the Bills pass rush, the Jets OC copied Gailey and had Sanchez throwing short quick passes to nullify any rush. So it came down to the Bills DB's who had a difficult time covering any of the Jets receivers.

The Jets #2 pick WR Stephen Hill caught 2 TD passes while the Bills #3 pick WR TJ Graham was inactive. Why you ask? Because Gailey stated he wasn't ready, and made a reference to Spiller not being ready in 2010.

The Bills did lose their best offensive player for 4-6 weeks. They also lost the slot receiver for the year, you know him as the guy who got the first downs.As usual the optimistic Bills fans will forget Sundays game against the Jets and start looking at the Chiefs game with hope that springs eternal. I look at the Chiefs and and think if they play like they did against the Jets ...it will be a loss!

:thumbsup:

I hope Wanny shuts you up too :D

Plus it's just preseason and the Bills aren't really trying. Once the real games start they'll just flip a switch a start playing great, like the championship teams of the 90s to whom they are even more closely related than the Giants and Packers.

Fitz's ribs are better now and he has new mechanics coach so it doesn't mean anything that he has never led a team to a winning season in 7 years in the NFL including 4 mostly starting.

Plus Edwards is gone and everyone knows he was the real problem on defense. Once we get a new DC to go along with all the talent the defense will probably be top 10.

Don't worry about the Jets game because the Jets were really fired up, the Bills just didn't get the bounces and had some injuries. Also, the Jets OT kept hitting Mario in the face, which isn't fair. It's an anomaly, after all. It's not like the Bills have been losing recently.

Awesome.

Gailey is an offensive genius and he'll adapt to teams who already know Fitz doesn't throw in the middle of the field, doesn't throw beyond 15 yards, and is without their all-purpose starting running back. What QB problem?

Maybe losing first is for the best.

Think about it....last season we started off great and then something like 7 out of the last 8?

Maybe if we lose first we will win later?

OK I admit half this post is sarcastic but I'm also half serious.

Last year when we were 5-2 people said you need to win in December when it counts.

Maybe the Bills will correct the mistakes they make early on and it will pay off for us in November/December

Go Bills!!!!

CBF

Edited by Canadian_Bills_Fan

I totally disagree with your idea of lack of preperation. Our QB made some bad decisions and didn't have it last week. That was the single problem offensively. He blew the game on that side of the ball, plain and simple.

As for the defense our DB's played off the ball. Williams, and Gilmore are both young corners and McKelvin is just terrible. Nothing happened Sunday where I can say holy crap we weren't prepared.

I, unlike many don't see the D-line as a problem. I don't feel like we had much chance to sack Sanchez because of how quick he was getting rid of the ball, not because our D-Line sucked.

Call me a homer, I am just looking at what I saw and I don't think that the 1 game is as big a deal as many. Nor do I think it's a reflection on the rest of the year.

Think about it....last season we started off great and then something like 7 out of the last 8?

Last year when we were 5-2 people said you need to win in December when it counts.

Maybe the Bills will correct the mistakes they make early on and it will pay off for us in November/December

Go Bills!!!!

CBF

There's defenately some truth to this. Last year at the begining of the year the Giants fans were ready to jump off the TappanZee Bridge. It took until they beat us really to start getting some faith. I'm not saying we will take a page out of thier book. Truth is I'm always optimistic on gameday, especially at the game. It's just that for only the 2nd time in the last 10 years I was actually embarrassed to be a Bills fan. That's how bad they looked. The other game was the 6-3 barn burner against the Browns during the Juron years. I told myself at the 2nd quarter of that game that I wouldn't hope for a win until Dick Juron got fired. It didn't take long and I was back on the wagon. I just fear that Gailey will never change and miss use his players. Fitz isn't the game changing QB he wants him to be and apparently he has no faith in Spiller even though he consistantly gets better and proves to just about everyone except Gailey that he can get it done. That's my biggest gripe right now. If by week 4 we don't have at least a 2-2 record, and Gailey continues to dissapoint, I'll be feeling pretty much the same as I did at that Browns game. Ironically we play the Browns in week 3 so it might be disturbingly similar.

That's my take. I'm not on the ledge yet, but I'm paying the toll to get on the bridge. Please learn from your stubborness Gailey, Please!!!

Nothing wrong with being optimistic, and there is nothing wrong with being a homer.

But the Giants are the Giants, the Pack is the Pack, and the Bills ... well, are the Bills. Play a game with those 3 teams and tell me which of the three doesn't belong in the group ;)

It is only 1 game so far, and there has been some anger and panic expressed here. But I think for most it is more acknowledgement and resignation. For most at TBD this is not the first time at the rodeo. Maybe everyone should homer up and not give in so easily. But after the last 12 years, and the vast majority of the Bills history (under .500 for it's NFL existence) you can't really blame them for not wanting to get their hopes up too high.

Personally I think the crowd should support it's home team. Booing your own team is exactly what the opposing team wants to hear. "Hey Buffalo your crowd hates you, they're on our side now." It just seems like something a Jets fan would do.....

I'm pretty sure Fitz and the offense know that the crowd wants them to score points genius. Do you expect Fitz to say "oh hey, guys, from what I hear the crowd isn't happy with our offense, we need to start trying harder....."

I respect anyone's choice to Boo the home team, but for you to say EVERY real fan should do it is ridiculous.

I personally think fans should save their voice for when the 12th man is supposed to be as loud as possible--on defense to take away the audible or get some pre snap movement penalties. The team would probably agree with me.

Yeah, Bills, Giants, Packers.....same thing--why worry?

oy.

Well the Giants lost 8 games in 09, 6 games in 2010 and 7 games last year with a squeaker win against us that would have put them at 8-8.

Hardly a dominant regular season team.

Both sides need to calm down.

There is no way this D line isn't going to be dominant. I mean, c'mon--Williams (pro bowl), Williams (pro bowl), Dareus (future pro bowl) and Anderson (10 sacks last year).

AND...Fitz can control his INTs. We also have a great O line (0 sacks) and run game.

BUT...this pass coverage...I don't know if it can improve so drastically. And the defensive play calling / game planning simply needs to get better. Also, the deep pass is lacking.

One game. Sky not falling. We're not a juggernaut. Yada yada yada.

This team will be competing for a playoff spot, but will struggle--perhaps, at times, mightily--along the way.

Go Bills!!!!

CBF

Heard on ESPN radio yesterday that something like 80 or 85% of the playoff teams each year start out the season 1-0? Hey, we could still be in that 15-20%!!! Yeah right :death: