Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

just filed. deal tentatively agreed to but not completed. Bills and Jackson's agent still working out figures on final year of Jackson's contact -- a person familiar with discussions has told The AP. story to move shortly.

Thanks for the info. I'm happy with this deal I suppose. It is obvious that QB is the weakness with this team right now. Fitz is always going to be fitz, if he remains healthy. A serviceable starter who has ability to put up some numbers and generally manage a game. VY and/or thigpen were a disaster in the making if fitz proves he hasn't recovered from broken ribs or something else happens to him. More power to the front office for pulling in a backup. T. Jackson > yince young and thigpen.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just filed. deal tentatively agreed to but not completed. Bills and Jackson's agent still working out figures on final year of Jackson's contact -- a person familiar with discussions has told The AP. story to move shortly.

Thanks JW! Makes things feel much better then "did we?" "Didn't we?" Glad we have him aboard.

With the way Fitz has looked this preseason as well as the backups behind him, this seems to me to be a panic move for the Bills and their front office.

Considering the way Gailey likes to run his offfense, this season could turn into a disaster real quick if Fitzpatrick doesn't start playing solid football.

Our strength offensively is in our runningbacks, and our biggest weakness is in our WR's and QB. Gailey seems to think the opposite or at least his offensive play calling would suggest that...

+1

Great move, IMO. We play Seattle this year and now we've got some serious insight into their playbook. That is worth a sixth rounder and he is a decent backup. He tore us up a couple of years ago.

I am not a big TJackson an by any means but I like the fact the FO decided our backup QB plan isn't working lets pull the trigger to get someone else now.

Given that fe low round picks make the team I am fine with spending it. Salary would have to be renegotiated in my book.

Same here. Lots of the same complainers were the ones squawking that VY and Thigpen needed to go. Now the Bills FO stepped up and did something, same people are criticizing the move. Typical. :rolleyes:

Listen, all fans freaking out.....Chan knows offense and strategies better than any of us...plus he actually spends time with these people. VY and TT are not cutting it. VY can't grasp the offense and TT is not playing well. Simple. Not complicated. Chan likes TJ, thinks he's better than the 2 he's got now. In Chan I trust. (not saying we have the best QB situation at all, but PLLLLLLeeeeeeeaaasseeeeee, don't tell me you want to keep VY b/c you know he is better).

Go Bills.

If a team can't find an answer at the QB position, have they truly been rebuilt? First Gailey and Nix were wrong on Edwards as the starter. Then they had so much faith in Thigpen that he couldn't play when Fitz was supposedly hurt in the latter half of 2011. Now they're showing they aren't comfortable with VY. That's a lot of swing and misses on QB's in only 3 off-seasons and if RF struggles, they've proven they can't evaluate QB's.

People need to calm down. Was anyone happy with VY or Thigpen this offseason? Tarvaris has started a good number of games and wasnt awful last year. For a 6th round pick on a one year rental who cares?I'm glad the FO did something to try to upgrade

nobody is happy with Fitz in pre-season

probably cause those "broken ribs" still haven't healed

Jackson may be pushing Fitz before long

What a waste. 3rd team in as many years. Never really did anything before that. He really has no upside. But hey maybe he's a more serviceable backup than what we have.

What this tells me is Chan is consololidating Fitz hold on the starting position. What a disaster.

This is not a disaster.

If a team can't find an answer at the QB position, have they truly been rebuilt? First Gailey and Nix were wrong on Edwards as the starter. Then they had so much faith in Thigpen that he couldn't play when Fitz was supposedly hurt in the latter half of 2011. Now they're showing they aren't comfortable with VY. That's a lot of swing and misses on QB's in only 3 off-seasons and if RF struggles, they've proven they can't evaluate QB's.

Seriously? :lol::wacko:

What a waste. 3rd team in as many years. Never really did anything before that. He really has no upside. But hey maybe he's a more serviceable backup than what we have.

What this tells me is Chan is consololidating Fitz hold on the starting position. What a disaster.

History lesson.....he was with the Vikings and started and performed adequately as a backup and sometime starter...like a Trent differ.

He went to Seattle because Minnesota offensive coordinator went to Seattle when Carroll was hired. Jackson knew the offense that the OC brought.

Seattle has had their version of johnson / flutie the last two seasons. This year one left as a UFA they went and drafted a qb and signed another whch made Jackson expendable.

The issue with the fans had been had been the qb was the reason for failure this past season. From a PR standpoint they had to change at QB.

LOL at BillsVet, Spartacus and Joe_the_6_pack. Same ol song from those guys. Bitching about our backup QB situation... All we need is a cameo by Billsfreak to remind us Ralph is cheap.

I refer to it as the Tardfecta.

GO BILLS!!!

People need to calm down. Was anyone happy with VY or Thigpen this offseason? Tarvaris has started a good number of games and wasnt awful last year. For a 6th round pick on a one year rental who cares?I'm glad the FO did something to try to upgrade

IMO Jackson sucks but I agree the Bills were forced into doing something after watching the horrible QB play during the preseason.

I guess he can't be worse than Young.

No! That 6th round pick could have been a practice squad guy! Clearly more important than a backup qb.

Is it an upgrade, yea probably, but that wouldn't take much. He was going to get cut, but another bad backup who cant cut it elsewhere is brought in to be the savior. They might has well have waited 24 hours and see who else was released, or even gotten jackson for nothing. Maybe the Seahawks will turn the pick into a Pro Bowl QB to hand the ball off to Beast Mode. Seems with each passing week, the optimism for this season goes down just a little bit. If Fitz and the offense don't wake up, all the additions on the defense will be for not.