Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

If this is for anything more than a 7th rounder I will be disgusted (Its rumored to be a 5th or 6th). T.Jackson is a pretty decent backup but marginally better than what V.Young is. I would have preferred to have kept Young. But if T.Jackson starts more than a game or two this team is screwed. T.Jackson can win you a game or two but over the stretch of a full season the guy's limitations are just blatant.

I would just keep VY and put the kibosh on this deal to get Jackson, no need to give up a pick for a marginal upgrade at backup QB.

Edited by billsfan89

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is for anything more than a 7th rounder I will be disgusted (Its rumored to be a 5th or 6th). T.Jackson is a pretty decent backup but marginally better than what V.Young is. I would have preferred to have kept Young. But if T.Jackson starts more than a game or two this team is screwed. T.Jackson is pretty awful over when he is forced to pass to win games.

I would just keep VY and put the kibosh on this deal to get Jackson, no need to give up a pick for a marginal upgrade at backup QB.

really, a 7th is ok, but you draw the line there. cant sacrifice that 6th?

really, a 7th is ok, but you draw the line there. cant sacrifice that 6th?

Tom brady was drafted in the 6th and if the Bills had followed the draft board I made yesterday from that year, they would have drafted Tom Brady!

Budday Asleep at the wheel again!

Notice the hold up in MONEY! RALPH IS CHEAP!

Edited by jeremy2020

When Vince Young was in the game yesterday, I kept reminding myself, "this is the guy who singlehandedly willed his Univ of Texas team to a championship. This guy was the third overall pick in the draft, embarrassed the Bills when he was a Titan, went to multiple Pro Bowls, and had a bright future ahead of him. This is that guy." Man, he has fallen off.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/147533-is-vince-young-a-wacko-or-just-a-player-that-needs-coaching/

I guess we're zeroing in on the conclusion of these summer debates...

If this is for anything more than a 7th rounder I will be disgusted (Its rumored to be a 5th or 6th). T.Jackson is a pretty decent backup but marginally better than what V.Young is. I would have preferred to have kept Young. But if T.Jackson starts more than a game or two this team is screwed. T.Jackson can win you a game or two but over the stretch of a full season the guy's limitations are just blatant.

Well he wouldn't be brought in to play over the course of an entire season. That's why he'd be the backup. So if he's forced to play because Fitz is hurt and can, as you said "win a game or two", then it's fine. I'm not a big fan of Jackson, I think he's pretty terrible. But it'll be tough for him to look any worse than Young and Thigpen have.

Edited by biglukes

Oy! This has desperation written all over it. Very unsettling only a week after thinking you found your number two.

I wonder if VY's outside problems have him in a funk. The difference between last week and this week was palpable.

Oh well. Onward and upward as they say.

GO BILLS!!!