Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

Not sure if anyone else was watching NFL Network last night while they were jumping around the games. The studio guys got into a discussion about Vince Young and basically said he doesn't prepare like he should, he doesn't really love football, etc. They noted some away games when he was on the Titans he didn't even take the team flight home? He obviously has all the physical tools, but I think this might be his last chance and he blew that last night.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had hopes for Vince Young, but unfortunately at this point, Tarvaris is an upgrade over both Young and Thigpen. I don't hate Tarvaris Jackson. But y'know, I don't love him.

I have a burning apathy for him.

Last season, as Seattle's starter, Jackson completed 60.2 percent of his passes for 3,091 yards, 14 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. He's not bad for a backup QB at all:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/19927278/report-seahawks-to-trade-tarvaris-jackson-to-bills

Those are comparable to JP Losman's best season.

The Seahawks will trade QB Tarvaris Jackson to the Bills

via @RapSheet

Wow really!? trade him for what, couldn't wait till he got cut? What's up with getting these athletic QBS, can't we trade for pocket passer with decent mobility? Would have rather Gone after Flynn instead of Anderson, this QB situation is gona kill us this year and waste a finally good defense.

What do you think Thigpen is?

Sarcasm escapes you apparently..

I just don't see why their 3rd QB is worth a draft pick and we probably couldn't get a 7th for both VY and TP..

Edited by MarkinSanDiego

I love it! Guy was pretty good at times for MIN and was very solid for SEA last season. More accurate than some give him credit for and can play game manager or use his athleticism. Great move IMO.

Minnny and Sea. play in domes right? Honestly I was hoping Young would back up Fitz --because his strength on his feet and arm would be a bonus in the snow drifts.

Edited by Thunderstealer

My buddy is a Vikings fan and my wife is a Seahawks fan, so I've watched a lot of Jackson. He is a very good back up and can win games. From what i have seen of Young and Thigpin he is a big upgrade to the back up spot. An Chan can do a lot with the running skills he brings to the offense.

Bills acquired QB Tarvaris Jackson from the Seahawks in exchange for a late-round draft pick in 2013.

"Seattle did a nice job to get anything for Jackson, who would have been cut before the season with a $4 million salary. Jackson, 29, started 14 games last season, completing 60.2 percent of his passes for 3,091 yards (6.9 YPA), 14 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. He also rushed for a score, but fumbled nine times, losing five. In Buffalo, Jackson should immediately slide in as Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup while learning Chan Gailey's offense on the fly. Vince Young was horrific in preseason action, and Tyler Thigpen will be released."

http://rotoworld.com...kson-to-buffalo

(apologies if already posted).

Listen, all fans freaking out.....Chan knows offense and strategies better than any of us...plus he actually spends time with these people. VY and TT are not cutting it. VY can't grasp the offense and TT is not playing well. Simple. Not complicated. Chan likes TJ, thinks he's better than the 2 he's got now. In Chan I trust. (not saying we have the best QB situation at all, but PLLLLLLeeeeeeeaaasseeeeee, don't tell me you want to keep VY b/c you know he is better).

Go Bills.

Edited by Cville Bills

I've seen Jackson play a number of times, and I've never been a fan. He has some decent skills, but he's not starting QB material. Now, as a backup, I'm totally fine with that. And if he's better than VY or TT, then it's worth it (and yes, I think he's better than both).