Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If this is for anything more than a 7th rounder I will be disgusted (Its rumored to be a 5th or 6th). T.Jackson is a pretty decent backup but marginally better than what V.Young is. I would have preferred to have kept Young. But if T.Jackson starts more than a game or two this team is screwed. T.Jackson can win you a game or two but over the stretch of a full season the guy's limitations are just blatant.

I would just keep VY and put the kibosh on this deal to get Jackson, no need to give up a pick for a marginal upgrade at backup QB.

Our current starter seems to have limitations over a full season.

If we hadn't wasted a 7th round pick to trade up 2 whole spots to get Graham we could have gotten BJ Coleman who went to the packers who I'm sure they will develop into the next big trade QB. Man this FO is driving me nuts :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Roid ragin!

Bills acquired QB Tarvaris Jackson from the Seahawks in exchange for a late-round draft pick in 2013.

"Seattle did a nice job to get anything for Jackson, who would have been cut before the season with a $4 million salary. Jackson, 29, started 14 games last season, completing 60.2 percent of his passes for 3,091 yards (6.9 YPA), 14 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. He also rushed for a score, but fumbled nine times, losing five. In Buffalo, Jackson should immediately slide in as Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup while learning Chan Gailey's offense on the fly. Vince Young was horrific in preseason action, and Tyler Thigpen will be released."

http://rotoworld.com...kson-to-buffalo

(apologies if already posted).

Listen, all fans freaking out.....Chan knows offense and strategies better than any of us...plus he actually spends time with these people. VY and TT are not cutting it. VY can't grasp the offense and TT is not playing well. Simple. Not complicated. Chan likes TJ, thinks he's better than the 2 he's got now. In Chan I trust. (not saying we have the best QB situation at all, but PLLLLLLeeeeeeeaaasseeeeee, don't tell me you want to keep VY b/c you know he is better).

Go Bills.

This! :thumbsup:

My question to all of you that are just beside yourselves because you can't believe they'd replace Young or Thigpen with Jackson.. Are you really THAT concerned with the acquisition of a backup player, that if he has to play significant time, isn't going to lead us to the playoffs in favor of the CURRENT backup who wasn't going to lead us to the playoffs? Seriously? If ANY of these guys have/had to play any serious time as our starter this season, we are looking at 6-10 AT BEST, anyways. Be much more concerned with Fitz's play. Your bitching and moaning about this non-issue, on an already flawed team is laughable.

Edited by Quester74

I really had a better impression of TJ than you guys maybe I'm wrong? Why do you all think he's so terrible?

Because with multiple chances on some pretty decent teams he's never been able to put together a very good season. Or even a very good stretch for that matter. In MN he could barely move the ball. Favre came in and was nearly unstoppable.

Bills acquired QB Tarvaris Jackson from the Seahawks in exchange for a late-round draft pick in 2013.

"Seattle did a nice job to get anything for Jackson, who would have been cut before the season with

There's the rub, wasting another pick. We could have let B Smith back up for a couple weeks until TJ gets ready and save the pick.

I like the move. It was clear that neither Young nor Thigpen were stepping up into a reliable #2 role. Time to make a move, and that is what they did.

You chicken littles need to go find a different hobby. This NFL stuff is too much for you. Case in point:

Any more castaways on this team and I'll expect someone to make a radio out of a coconut on the sidelines.

Castaways like who? Mario Williams?

"Seattle did a nice job to get anything for Jackson, who would have been cut before the season with a $4 million salary. Jackson, 29, started 14 games last season, completing 60.2 percent of his passes for 3,091 yards (6.9 YPA), 14 touchdowns, and 13 interceptions. He also rushed for a score, but fumbled nine times, losing five. In Buffalo, Jackson should immediately slide in as Ryan Fitzpatrick's backup while learning Chan Gailey's offense on the fly. Vince Young was horrific in preseason action, and Tyler Thigpen will be released."

http://rotoworld.com...kson-to-buffalo

:sick:

This tells me they aren't happy with the QB situation at all, including Fitz (performance or durability). I would've just kept VY and hope for the best with Fitz.

I am not a big TJackson an by any means but I like the fact the FO decided our backup QB plan isn't working lets pull the trigger to get someone else now.

Given that fe low round picks make the team I am fine with spending it. Salary would have to be renegotiated in my book.