Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jackson is what you want as a backup. He isn't great but he isn't horrendous. He has started in the league, has a BRAIN and the guy was over 60% last year. He isn't a threat to Fitz; if Fitz does falter, the FO won't be tempted to try to resurect VY, we can draft a 1st rounder next year. Plus the crowd who will chant for VY when Fitz makes a bad play will be silenced. NO one will chant for TJ :beer:

Please run down the list, because I see two QBs who both can't read defenses, are mobile, and make a **** ton of mistakes that they try to overcome with their athleticism.

As a 6th round pick some call that value. As a first plus extra picks it's a bust. Perspective here. Backup qbs are backups because they either make mistakes or aren't physically gifted.

I would have kept Vince Young, but oh well. I'm worried about Jackson having to come in and learn our offense in such a short period of time. If Fitz goes down for any reason, we are screwed. That being said, we may need Tarvaris to start so that he can run for his life. Our O Line hasn't looked great

I hope we keep VY for a little while. I agree we need someone who won't have to come in and learn the offense in a short period. Wonder if Jackson starts the 4th preseason game. Baptism by fire.

Or as he's known down here, "Sexy Rexy." Which is disturbing as all hell.

lol, understandable. I don't know why, but I was hoping we'd trade for him.

The best part is we'd be ecstatic to draft a player in the 6th that was on par with him. But to trade for one is a crime.

If we just traded our 7th round pick how the hell are we going to draft the next Levi Brown?

We dont deserve such a good FO. They give us so little to complain about that we go nuclear meltdown about trading a 6th for a backup QB.

The best part is the subset going !@#$tard ballistic that trading a 6th for a backup doesn't address the gap at starting QB.

Same here. Lots of the same complainers were the ones squawking that VY and Thigpen needed to go. Now the Bills FO stepped up and did something, same people are criticizing the move. Typical. :rolleyes:

Yep. While it is another mediocre QB,they were not out to find a Fitz replacement, and if he proves to be a good backup, I hope they sign him longer. You really need a very good #1 and a solid #2 to have a good feeling going into the season. VY and Thiggy looked totally lost at times. I think VY would have put it together at some point, but you can't "hope" that he will. I like the FO going out and getting another QB into the competition. The Steelers have TWO backups who are better than our #2, and the Pats have a great backup.

As a 6th round pick some call that value. As a first plus extra picks it's a bust. Perspective here. Backup qbs are backups because they either make mistakes or aren't physically gifted.

That's fair, but in the draft you're buying talent and potential. We know what Jackson is right now and it should be easy enough to come by on the waiver wire.

That's fair, but in the draft you're buying talent and potential. We know what Jackson is right now and it should be easy enough to come by on the waiver wire.

But at this point, every day, heck every hour, counts big time. Need to get him in asap. Cant sit around another 4 days and see who gets cut, and then have to bid against other teams. A 7th (or even 6th) is worth it just to get it done on our own timeline.

Yep. While it is another mediocre QB,they were not out to find a Fitz replacement, and if he proves to be a good backup, I hope they sign him longer. You really need a very good #1 and a solid #2 to have a good feeling going into the season. VY and Thiggy looked totally lost at times. I think VY would have put it together at some point, but you can't "hope" that he will. I like the FO going out and getting another QB into the competition. The Steelers have TWO backups who are better than our #2, and the Pats have a great backup.

Pats have a great back-up? Brian Hoyer? Mallet hasn't even beat him out yet, even after a good game yesterday against scraps.

I like the move. They took the risk on a very gifted athlete in Vince and unfortunately it backfired. But now they have a chance to escape the Young scenario relatively unscathed (other than some salary setbacks). Jackson isn't going to blow anyone away. But in the evident of an injury to Fitz, Jackson can step in (with the help of a strong defense and a solid running game) and keep us in contention.

Edited by bills1960

I hope we keep VY for a little while. I agree we need someone who won't have to come in and learn the offense in a short period. Wonder if Jackson starts the 4th preseason game. Baptism by fire.

Is Jackson any good at running down guys who intercept his passes?

GO BILLS!!!

I like the move. They took the risk on a very gifted athlete in Vince and unfortunately it backfired. But now they have a chance to escape the Young scenario relatively unscathed (other than some salary setbacks). Jackson isn't going to blow anyone away. But in the evident of an injury to Fitz, Jackson can step in (with the help of a strong defense and a solid running game) and keep us in contention.

lol @ the assumption we're "in contention" with Fitz.