Bills to acquire Tarvaris Jackson

I didn't read every single post but don't be surprised if letting Brad Smith go isn't in the mix here. In yesterday's game, they ran wildcat a couple of times and it wasn't Smith, and he was working with the 2nd team at WR. Is that a signal that if he is going to make the team it has to be based on his play at WR and special teams?

Thigpen is making $3 million, so is Smith, so I wouldn't be surprised if it's Fitz-Jackson-Young.

I hope you're right but all signs from Gailey indicate that Smith is making the team. I don't get it because I can't see anything that he provides that the Bills can't get better from another player, including the wildcat (F Jackson). For some reason Gailey is stuck on him.

Not that I am all that excited about keeping Young since he apparently sucks. I'm still looking for the young, developmental guy we were promised.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem with it. Can't say I really know much about the guy. I simply recall that he looked quite poised and talented in relief role in dismantling the Bills after Moats knocked Farve out the game a couple years back.

I hope it's not more than a 6th round pick. I still like VY better. TJ is more of a project than JP Losman. IJS

JOKE - Bufflao goes into the season with starting QB VY with TJ & Brad Smith in the backup rolls since Fitz has moved over to a coaching role of assistant offensive coordinator.

Just what the Buffalo Bills needed....

""Jackson has had his faults, with much of the criticism focusing in on his decision-making and holding onto the ball too long.""

http://www.cbssports...uire-qb-jackson

Actually, with some tweaking I think that this might just be the recipe everyone's missing. Fitz let's the ball go sometimes (Heck almost all the time) way too early. If the OL can give Fitz another half second, maybe one, our boys will get open downfield more. I watched the Jest game just now and even though they look bad, worse than us offensively, we're not too far behind them.

Tim-

Chan asked about Seattles backup he was talking about flynn...This is no more exciting then when we signed v.young both are mobile QBs but have bad habits...Flynn would be exciting....Hell where is Tony Pike ? He had a big arm and was stuck behind clausen and Newton...The circus continues...

I love it! Guy was pretty good at times for MIN and was very solid for SEA last season. More accurate than some give him credit for and can play game manager or use his athleticism. Great move IMO.

I'm on board with this - although great, I'm not so sure. Gailey and Nix knew he was out there for a little while now. If he was really ideal for Gailey's system, they'd of went for it sooner, as I see it. This tells me they think he has potential, and more than Young or Thigpen. That doesn't mean, though, that he is viewed as starter material, though, either, but falls somewhere in between. The shocking thing for me has been this Front Office's, and coaching staff's, inability to competently evaluate QB's. They've brought in, or have had quite a few now, and still the best they've come up with, going into year 3, is Fitzpatrick.

All that aside, I think Jackson has much more to offer us now than either Young or Thigpen. I think Jackson looked pretty good as a starter, even better than Fitz at times. In fact, if he had the benefit of a whole offseason here, I'd bet he'd be right about even with Fitz. He can run. We saw how potent that can be a week ago. In all, even though I'm disappointed they've taken so long in finding the answers at QB, I'm glad they're being proactive about it and still trying to field the best team. Ideally he won't have to play for most of the season, which should give him enough time to manage a game or two if need be.