Irsay tweets Colts Trade rumor

According to ESPN they need DB's and lineman. They are going with a youth movement. I will offer up the first speculative trade idea and let you all flame me...

Reggie Wayne for Justin Rogers and a conditional 4th round pick that can increase to 3rd based on production.

Aaron Williams straight up for Coby Fleener???

According to ESPN they need DB's and lineman. They are going with a youth movement. I will offer up the first speculative trade idea and let you all flame me...

Reggie Wayne for Justin Rogers and a conditional 4th round pick that can increase to 3rd based on production.

Rodgers plus a pick for Wayne hell yes. A.Williams for Fleener pass? We need another target Wayne is a stud with a few years left. Rodgers has potential but WR is a much bigger need.

Either way I don't see either trade happening.

Irsays Tweet says they want serious/vet starter. We may have cut merriman too soon. If we could have convinced them his health was back maybe gotten a 6th or 7th for that loser

If they were wiling to make that trade, they would have just SIGNED Merriman by now

Hell yeah to Fleener maybe to Wayne

I say Luck to the Bills for cash and a player to be named later.

0:) 0:) 0:)

Irsays Tweet says they want serious/vet starter. We may have cut merriman too soon. If we could have convinced them his health was back maybe gotten a 6th or 7th for that loser

If they were wiling to make that trade, they would have just SIGNED Merriman by now

Not necessarily. By cutting him we send a message he doesn't have much (if anything) left.

The Colts can't watch any of the video on Merriman? They don't have the ability to independently evaluate him?

How about all the talk that he doesn't fit a 4-3 system.

C'mon dude. You gotta do better than this. Please.

The Colts can't watch any of the video on Merriman? They don't have the ability to independently evaluate him?

Colts now 34, just FYI. Will be running freeney and Mathis at olb.

So far our 3 best ideas are - a guy that we cut already, a guy they drafted this year and a guy they signed this year? Impressive.

I think the obvious name is Dwan. You guys know, a vet 34 lineman that could start. I don't think it will happen.

Edited by NoSaint

Colts now 34, just FYI. Will be running freeney and Mathis at olb.

So far our 3 best ideas are - a guy that we cut already, a guy they drafted this year and a guy they signed this year? Impressive.

I think the obvious name is Dwan. You guys know, a vet 34 lineman that could start. I don't think it will happen.

Colts switched to a 3-4? Now I remember the talk about whether Freeney and Co. could make the transition.

Edwards would be a fit for the Colts.

Also, a 3-4 club just lost their starting nose tackle… can't remember who. Kellen Heard might have some value (7th rounder) for teams needing a nose.

Yeah dude theyve been yapping about their switch to 3-4 the whole off season. Here's an article from march: http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1097640-nfl-trade-rumors-why-colts-switch-to-3-4-defense-puts-dwight-freeney-on-block

Actually some of the film on him has been decent. And if buddy's the wheeler dealer people give hiim credit for he might have been able to work something out. Dont forgot colts are the team we almost suckered into getting something for McCargo, until he failed their physical. Speaking of losers ...

Really? All these crazy trade scenarios crack me up.

Maybe we can send them 2 garbage cans, 3 footballs, and a blocking dummy for Luck, Fleener and Freeney!!! Hell Yeah!!

Agreed. Speculative trade threads with no basis whatsoever are my least favorite threads. Even if it was a hockey rumor started by Eklund, at least there's SOMETHING to go on. But a post about the Colts trading the 1st pick of the 2nd round who is best friends with their new franchise QB and probably going to catch a ton of balls this season for our 2nd round pick from last year who has been, according to many, a pretty big disappointment so far? Honestly, posts like this should get shut down. And the OP has been making quite a few of these lately. Wait til you have something of substance before starting a thread. I guess we are just in the dog days of summer and the regular season cannot come soon enough.

and that would make a lot more sense than any of our guys.

Including McK? Not saying the Colts will go for a.trade for someone with one year left on his contract. But if they are willing to play, I want to know if they have a LB or TE they dont mind parting with. Problem with this situation is that the cupboard is pretty bare in Indy right now. But if we had to talk to them, McK is one player I dont mind dangling in front of them

Yeah dude theyve been yapping about their switch to 3-4 the whole off season. Here's an article from march: http://m.bleacherrep...reeney-on-block

Actually some of the film on him has been decent. And if buddy's the wheeler dealer people give hiim credit for he might have been able to work something out. Dont forgot colts are the team we almost suckered into getting something for McCargo, until he failed their physical. Speaking of losers ...

Polian is no longer there so the McCargo thing has zero relevance if it had any to begin with.

Your implication that Nix could have dealt Merriman to the Colts (and that he possibly mishandled Merriman's release) is far fetched.

Yes, McCargo was a loser and it doesn't reflect well on the decision makers of that time.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Polian is no longer there so the McCargo thing has zero relevance if it had any to begin with.

Your implication that Nix could have dealt Merriman to the Colts (and that he possibly mishandled Merriman's release) is far fetched.

Yes, McCargo was a loser and it doesn't reflect well on the decision makers of that time.

Irsays still the owner. No? You're sayIng Mr Tweetaholic is completely passive ? And buddy all I said was "he might have" which is far from definitive. Both these items of course my opinion and presented as nothing more than. Unlike the factual error you made not knowing about colts well publicized switch to 3-4. LOL

I think the Colts go after Revis. I think the Jets are fed up the money issue every year. Wouldn't that be a nice xmas present in August for Stevie and the Bills.

Just my off the wall .02 cents.

I think the Colts go after Revis. I think the Jets are fed up the money issue every year. Wouldn't that be a nice xmas present in August for Stevie and the Bills.

Just my off the wall .02 cents.

As much as I'd like to see Revis out of our division, I can't see the Jests letting him go. Most of Ryan's D schemes are predicated on him and Cromartie. And supposedly they're going to be running more of the old man's 46 this year.

It would be nice though.

GO BILLS!!!