I love Buffalo because

MClem06

Mine would be...

of how fun it was to grow up and have all 4 seasons.

of the pizza and wings.

of the memories of watching the Bills on Monday night football out on the back deck with the blimp passing by the house.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Buffalo because I grew up there, I had awesome neighbors and friends, and I love how friendly, down to earth, and helpful Buffalo natives are, and I thank them very much for helping shape me into the man I am today!

Mine would be...

of the pizza and wings.

of the memories of watching the Bills on Monday night football out on the back deck with the blimp passing by the house.

Yes I agree. Moved away from WNY in 1989. Now I work and live in Miami, but still proud to be from the Buffalo area.

My daughter was a Cheerleader for the Bills too, now she a successful doctor in Buffalo. Lots of good friends and memories !!!

I love Buffalo because...

I was born in Buffalo, at Childrens Hospital..

My mom was one of 10 siblings, and the only one who left Buffalo and moved me down to Northern Virginia when I was 1.....

Yet every summer I got to spend in Buffalo, with my aunts, uncles and cousins, in the Langfield Housing

Projects, and although my family was poor, those were the absolute greatest summers of my life....

Because I always come home every year for a Bills game...

And because my trip isn't complete until I've had wings from LaNova's, a steak sandwich from Rick's,

and a couple tacos from Mighty Taco...and some pizza from Bocce's....

Edited by smuvtalker

MIGHTY TACO

BLASDELL/ABBOTT PIZZA

THE BIG TREE INN

CHESNUT RIDGE

WEGMANS

FOOTBALL IN OCTOBER

AND ON AND ON...

OUTSIDE OF THE OF COURSE FAMILY, FRIENDS, GREAT PEOPLE, AND A WORKING CLASS (EVEN IF WHITE COLLAR) ATTITUDE YOU JUST DON'T HAVE IN OTHER PLACES. My wife is from Long Island and she tells me when she spends time in Buffalo, she feels there is nothing like the people.

GO BILLS!

I love Buffalo because it is STILL home...even though I have been gone since 1990.

My best friends and coolest people I have known are Buffalonians.

If you are from Buffalo, you are part of a fraternity for life.

Everytime I return I feel "plugged in" to my roots, maybe it is because part of my heart is still in Buffalo, when I return I feel whole again-complete.I miss it there-a lot.

Beyond That...

* Bills games at Rich Stadium

* 97 Rock

* Anchor Bar and Big Tree Inn Wings

* Chesnut Ridge & Gaslit Falls

* Holiday Valley and Kissing Bridge

* Orchard Park

* Sabres Games

. . . of the people.

It's funny...I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1993, and yet every time I meet someone down here who is also from WNY there is an almost instant kinship. EVERYBODY from Buffalo wants to talk about the Bills and Sabres, and it's a bond you just can't break.

Mine would be...

of the pizza and wings.

Sometimes all in one day!

Edited by The Wiz

I love Buffalo because I was born there, and grew up in S Buffalo.

Have not lived there since '70, but it's home.

Just drove 70+ miles, each way, to get to Wegans in Fredericksburg VA., for my; Sahlens hot dogs, Webers, Bison Dip, etc. I do that every 4-5 weeks on the not so scenic, but thus far Toll free, I-95.

I miss it BUT, not enough to move back to the NY taxes.

I love Buffalo because...

I was born in Buffalo, at Childrens Hospital..

My mom was one of 10 siblings, and the only one who left Buffalo and moved me down to Northern Virginia when I was 1.....

Yet every summer I got to spend in Buffalo, with my aunts, uncles and cousins, in the Langfield Housing

Projects, and although my family was poor, those were the absolute greatest summers of my life....

Because I always come home every year for a Bills game...

And because my trip isn't complete until I've had wings from LaNova's, a steak sandwich from Rick's,

and a couple tacos from Mighty Taco...and some pizza from Bocce's....

I was born at Sister's Hospital.

My parents moved me down to DC when I was 6. Like you, I spent every summer in BLo up through my High School years. We'd return for Thanksgiving. Then come back for Christmas. Then in the Spring. So even though I wasn't living there year around I still felt like it was home. I still go online and read the Buff News. I used to go to Training Camp and scrimmages and pre-season with my Uncles and Cousins. Since Grad School I return for one regular season game a year with my father and cousins.

Buffalo means family. Love it. The beautiful summer and fall. The first snow fall. The Looooooooooooooooooong Winter

and Spring. LoL. And it was always home, even after we moved away. Bocce's, Ted's, GiGi's, Parkside Candies

and a bunch of other great mom and pop food spots that have long since closed. And a special shout out to Mighty Taco who sponsored my first little league team in Shoshone Park.

No place is perfect, but there is a lot to love about Buffalo. I think the thing about Buffalonians, even those that have

moved away for various reasons, we all never lose that affection for the city. And I CANNOT STAND people talking slick about the city and have never even been there to know how wrong they are. I love the neighborly atmosphere. The family atmosphere. Even though times change and Buffalo needs new industries to carry it into the future, I LOVE the blue collar roots of the city. My grandfather's worked for Amtrak and General Motors. My father and uncles spent time working at Bethlehem Steel in the summers during school. Buffalo is a city of workers and nothing lasting happens without work.

I'm a Western New Yorker til the day I die.

Edited by purple haze

That is exactly my experience. It is a great fraternity.

It's funny...I haven't lived in Buffalo since 1993, and yet every time I meet someone down here who is also from WNY there is an almost instant kinship. EVERYBODY from Buffalo wants to talk about the Bills and Sabres, and it's a bond you just can't break.

I was born at Sister's Hospital.

My parents moved me down to DC when I was 6. Like you, I spent every summer in BLo up through my High School years. We'd return for Thanksgiving. Then come back for Christmas. Then in the Spring. So even though I wasn't living there year around I still felt like it was home. I still go online and read the Buff News. I used to go to Training Camp and scrimmages and pre-season with my Uncles and Cousins. Since Grad School I return for one regular season game a year with my father and cousins.

Buffalo means family. Love it. The beautiful summer and fall. The first snow fall. The Looooooooooooooooooong Winter

and Spring. LoL. And it was always home, even after we moved away. Bocce's, Ted's, GiGi's, Parkside Candies

and a bunch of other great mom and pop food spots that have long since closed. And a special shout out to Mighty Taco who sponsored my first little league team in Shoshone Park.

No place is perfect, but there is a lot to love about Buffalo. I think the thing about Buffalonians, even those that have

moved away for various reasons, we all never lose that affection for the city. And I CANNOT STAND people talking slick about the city and have never even been there to know how wrong they are. I love the neighborly atmosphere. The family atmosphere. Even though times change and Buffalo needs new industries to carry it into the future, I LOVE the blue collar roots of the city. My grandfather's worked for Amtrak and General Motors. My father and uncles spent time working at Bethlehem Steel in the summers during school. Buffalo is a city of workers and nothing lasting happens without work.

I'm a Western New Yorker til the day I die.

Amen brother :thumbsup:

Thks everyone from a Buffalo Guy living somewhere else, but love my town. My whole family is still there, and every thread is a reminder of where I came from as a real Buffalonian.

One of the guys who mentioned how you meet a real Buffalo guy and you feel like your home couldn't be more right. It's so reproducible it's unreal.

I love this town, and Go Bills!!!

Born at Mercy Hospital, grew up on Woodside. Growing up being told that if I "didn't shape up", I would be going to Father Bakers. Surviving the Blizzard of 77'. Bills and Sabres, through and through. Chestnut Ridge in the winter, Crystle Beach in the summer, (The Comet). Going to the "Ballet" in Fort Erie. Growing up on Hot Wings, before the rest of the world knew what they were. Nick's at 03:00 in the morning for a garbage plate. Chippewa street when it was hookers, not "HIP". Going to Talty's, Annies, Griffin's Irish Pub, The Irish Center, Caz Park, Doc Sullivans, going to the first ward, Big Tree Inn, webers mustard, going to "the falls", being in the middle of the desert and being on guard duty at 03;00 in the morning, listening to AFN radio when the kick was wide right,,,,,,,,, locking and loading and swearing to God that I was going to shoot the first tent that cheer'd (luckily nobody did), snow mobiles, ice fishing, camping, getting my first deer in Cory Pennsylvania", parties with family and friends, and on, and on, and on,,, BUFFALO, not just a place to live, but a place to LIVE.

Born at Mercy Hospital, grew up on Woodside. Growing up being told that if I "didn't shape up", I would be going to Father Bakers. Surviving the Blizzard of 77'. Bills and Sabres, through and through. Chestnut Ridge in the winter, Crystle Beach in the summer, (The Comet). Going to the "Ballet" in Fort Erie. Growing up on Hot Wings, before the rest of the world knew what they were. Nick's at 03:00 in the morning for a garbage plate. Chippewa street when it was hookers, not "HIP". Going to Talty's, Annies, Griffin's Irish Pub, The Irish Center, Caz Park, Doc Sullivans, going to the first ward, Big Tree Inn, webers mustard, going to "the falls", being in the middle of the desert and being on guard duty at 03;00 in the morning, listening to AFN radio when the kick was wide right,,,,,,,,, locking and loading and swearing to God that I was going to shoot the first tent that cheer'd (luckily nobody did), snow mobiles, ice fishing, camping, getting my first deer in Cory Pennsylvania", parties with family and friends, and on, and on, and on,,, BUFFALO, not just a place to live, but a place to LIVE.

Having left in 1996 for the Navy...I have to second your comments!! Couldn't have said it better myself... :thumbsup:

....Bocces Pizza

.... The women s mustaches are as thick as the mens

.....Zubas never went out of style

...... the people in Buffalo are salt of the earth!

.......My son was born there & he is a diehard Bills fan!(we moved when he was 2!)

BTW, Ive lived in Rochester, Cincinnati, BUFFALO, NJ, & Raleigh,NC

Lets Go Buffalo!

Edited by raleighbillsfan78

Moved away over 30 years ago because of work... But Buffalo will always be home... I plan to retire there someday...

Excellent thruway system with not too many cars.....you can actually breath the air and go someplace quickly..... Clean air (bears repeating and there are other reasons for it. Water, water everywhere. Not many places on earth are blessed with so much fresh water available to all. (more water for some, but that is beside the point). These three reasons are unbelievably huge if you look around elsewhere.

Extremely low cost housing is, to me, a type of human right, a type of freedom. To be able to outright own your home while your still can move and not haveto answer to any banks is awesome.

The people are great. At least the ones who matter. Sunset bay, elwood avenue, zoar valley, alleghany, UB (affordable education...another human right). Mild weather aside from winter. You can always throw a jacket on. Our restaurants! Alabama swamps. Niagara falls! Niagara river! The most water/second moving than any river in the world!. The whole waterfront all the way too lake ontario and beyond! If you are like me, you are just happier by water, big lakes, small, rivers, creeks and ponds......do not take these things for granted my dear buffalonians....

Oh, a small city is best I think. Not crowded or expensive yet great culture, pro teams and major stopping point for entertainers.....

And lastly, 2013 superbowl champs!

I love buffalo, Go Bills!

I wish I could have taken a print screen of my TV today when it had the temps all to the West, South and East - Chicago 99, Indy 100, Louisville 101, Detroit 99, DC 95, NYC 90, and Buffalo right in the middle of the picture at 83 and sunny..

Miss Buffalo a lot, but not enough to move back. Moved away in 2000, but there are so many Buffalonians here on the West Coast.

Do Miss a Buffalo/Upstate Fall. We only have rainy season/summer here. We don't get that "crispness" here in the fall I miss so much.

I wish I could have taken a print screen of my TV today when it had the temps all to the West, South and East - Chicago 99, Indy 100, Louisville 101, Detroit 99, DC 95, NYC 90, and Buffalo right in the middle of the picture at 83 and sunny..

and when it's 12 and 40 mph winds in February, it's 40 and nice in NYC, DC.....

I couldn't have said it better myself. I'm usually wearing a Bills or Sabres hat and people come up to me all the time and say how they're from Buffalo and what neighborhood they're from and we instantly we find ourselves talking about the Bills or Sabres.

I really miss Buffalo, being in Southern California is nice during the winter months, but I really want to move back and hope to do so soon.