Jabar Gaffney

As I said in another thread, even though he is a Gator, I would not mind if the Bills brought him in to see what he has left. He is around 6'1"/6'2" and has been productive in recent years -- even with the Redskins.

I think he's done - I thought the same when he played for the Pats. Stick a fork in 'em!

How is he done? The guys last 3 seasons have been the best of his career. Not to mention statistically last seasons was his best. :doh:

Isn't he a Nix Guy? Led the skins in receiving last year, could be a nice bandaid if Easley tanks and while Graham gets his feet under him.

I'd bring him in for a tryout, but would Nix bring in a guy who turns 32 during the season?

I believe the argument against bringing in Gaffney is the same as the one about bringing in Clark. We don't have a real need for an aging vet on a roster that is going to have make tough roster choices as it is. At the WR position we are going to have to cut guys that have contributed for the Bills. No need to complicate it any further.

Guy had 68 receptions for 947 yds and 5 t.ds.

was not injured at all last year, played in every game.

He had an almost 14ypc. Turns 32 during the season, but so what, wr is a position you can be productive at well into your 30's.

6'2 200lbs. Been in th eleague for 10years. Not really sure about his attitude, seems he is miffed he had to give up his number to RGIII and he was not going to be a starter.

I believe the argument against bringing in Gaffney is the same as the one about bringing in Clark. We don't have a real need for an aging vet on a roster that is going to have make tough roster choices as it is. At the WR position we are going to have to cut guys that have contributed for the Bills. No need to complicate it any further.

Complicating it further is a good thing. Raising the level of talent and level of competition is a good thing.

A Gaffney type of player could easily replace a Roosevelt type of player. A Clark type of player could easily replace a Caussin type of player.

He had 57 less yards than Steve Johnson and 2 less TDs and a better yards per reception average.

If Johnson is the elite WR that TBD continually tells me he is, this guy can't be too far behind. I'd support bringing this cat in. He's better than anything else we got after Johnson and Nelson.

And he'll playing with a major chip on his shoulder which is a good thing.

Gaffney being cut seems like it was more about numbers and cost. I'm not opposed ot bringing in a veteran to compete for a roster spot, especially when there some questionable quality among the current WRs.

Valid point.....Do you cut a guy like David Nelson or Donald Jones to keep him?

But, he was just cut by a team we pounded last season.

That might have been due the QBs that were playing for them. If the QB cannot throw, how do you expect the WR to catch a pass.

This was all about numbers.... he'll be a 'Skin again by Monday.

Um, not even close to being accurate. The Skins tried hard to trade Gaffney, but everyone knew they had to cut him if they couldn't trade him. The Skins singed a couple expensive free agent wide receivers last month and could not and cannot afford to keep him.

Valid point.....Do you cut a guy like David Nelson or Donald Jones to keep him?

Why on Earth would cutting Nelson come into it at all?? Nelson is essentially our #2 guy and if he isn't Jones is.

How about Caussin, Roosevelt, Clowney, Hagan, Aiken...?? Sheesh - "Cut Nelson" - wtf??

Um, not even close to being accurate. The Skins tried hard to trade Gaffney, but everyone knew they had to cut him if they couldn't trade him. The Skins singed a couple expensive free agent wide receivers last month and could not and cannot afford to keep him.

Thus me referencing "the numbers".

Doesn't mean he can't or won't re-sign for less money. Happens all the time.

Guess we'll see...

He signed with the Pats today

I don't get it. The Patriots have added Brandon Lloyd, Donte Stallworth, Anthony Gonzalez, and already have Branch, Ocho Stinko, Edelman and Welker, plus Britt Davis, Jermey Ebert, Matthew Slater and Tiquan Underwood on their roster to a team that uses two TEs in its base offense.

I don't get it. The Patriots have added Brandon Lloyd, Donte Stallworth, Anthony Gonzalez, and already have Branch, Ocho Stinko, Edelman and Welker, plus Britt Davis, Jermey Ebert, Matthew Slater and Tiquan Underwood on their roster to a team that uses two TEs in its base offense.

Confused by it as well... It's like a game. See how many washed out WR they can sign. Maybe they can play other positions, like LT or CB.

Which means a few of them will be kicked to the curb prior to opening day. Best thing this collection of cast-offs have is the guy throwing to them.

Bills should be looking at both Gaffney and Jacoby Jones

No

That might have been due the QBs that were playing for them. If the QB cannot throw, how do you expect the WR to catch a pass.

and No

Jocoby Jones has only proved he cant play in the NFL.

The Texans gave him every opportunity to be the #2 WR opposite AJ80 and he failed, then failed again, then failed after that.

If he had any chance at all to be a player, he would have done it by now.

He is a complete waste of time.

I think Donald Jones is a waste of time and Donald Jones has 1,000,000 times more potential that Jocoby Jones; don't waste your time. Keep moving.

I 100% support signing this guy immediately. 950 yards with Rex Grossman and Jeff Beck throwing him the ball. We could use that.

You have to admit, that's a huge accomplishment. Beck is one of the greatest guitarists of all time.

The Skins singed a couple expensive free agent wide receivers last month and could not and cannot afford to keep him.

I heard they sang "Hit the Road Jack" to Gaffney.

If the Cheatriots*** personnel moves look confusing, there might be a good reason for that.

But hey, not even one year ago Belicheat was being lauded for trading a 5th rounder for Albert Haynesworth who is still a free agent after the Cheatriots*** released him.

Meanwhile, the Bills worked out Vince Young… for free.