SOURCES: Bills looking to trade down....

papazoid

i have a hard time believing that the bills own chris brown would pick Mark Barron in his mock draft, "if" the bills were really interested in him. i think the bills are trying to get dallas or philly to bite on a trade of draft picks.

What I don't get is how showing interest in a player gets a team to trade picks with you? For example, if the Cowboys want Barron, and the Bills show interest in Barron BUT would consider a trade of picks, then how interested are we really? If anything the Cowboys would trade with the Dolphins or Panthers to get ahead of the Bills.

PTR

What I don't get is how showing interest in a player gets a team to trade picks with you? For example, if the Cowboys want Barron, and the Bills show interest in Barron BUT would consider a trade of picks, then how interested are we really? If anything the Cowboys would trade with the Dolphins or Panthers to get ahead of the Bills.

PTR

One reason would be that if the Cowboys jump ahead to get Barron, then another player potentially drops to us.

GO BILLS!!!

PTR

This line of thinking, I suppose...

Edited by Lurker

PTR

assuming said player is there at #10....buddy says he is the best available player and that he will stay true to his board.....unless someone makes him a better offer.

Have the Vikings done that (missed their selection) more than once? I remember the Vikes doing that a few years ago, but has it happened (to any team) any other time?

I don't think so.

part of it had to do with lowering the player's contract value back before the latest cba, when rookie first-round pick contract values were very expensive. if you were confident the player you desired would be available after the team behind you picked, then you could wait a pick or two perhaps and cut millions of dollars off the player's rookie deal.

jw

The Barron and Tannehill stuff is a smoke screen. Buddy is trying to get others to jump ahead of him, so the guy he wants slips.

So the 8 of the 9 taken ahead of us are 3 QB's, Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, Barron, Claibourne. That leaves at least 2 of these guys: Reiff, DeCastro, Kuekley, Floyd. One of these 4 is who Buddy really wants.

The Barron and Tannehill stuff is a smoke screen. Buddy is trying to get others to jump ahead of him, so the guy he wants slips.

So the 8 of the 9 taken ahead of us are 3 QB's, Kalil, Blackmon, Richardson, Barron, Claibourne. That leaves at least 2 of these guys: Reiff, DeCastro, Kuekley, Floyd. One of these 4 is who Buddy really wants.

but what if it's a double-fake.

maybe the Bills are letting all that stuff out there so that people start thinking like you, discounting Barron and Tennehill, in order to make some people start thinking that the team's really after Reiff, DeCastro, Kuechly or Floyd and then they go after someone else? ...

or maybe it's a triple-fake ...

jw

You read it here first (unless you read it somewhere else first in which case I'm nothing but a no good hack). Bills will trade down with SD, picking up their #18, #41 plus their 4th round selection.

How can Buffalo pick up #41? We already have that pick...I think you mean that we'd pick up #49 (SD's 2nd rounder).

You read it here first (unless you read it somewhere else first in which case I'm nothing but a no good hack). Bills will trade down with SD, picking up their #18, #41 plus their 4th round selection.

The Bills already have the #41 selection. I assume you mean the Bills would geet SD's #18, #49, and #110 (4th rounder)?

Interesting.

EDIT: ha, quick work Bandit.

Edited by NickelCity

I would love this trade. I would then take Decastro at 18, and use our 2nd and 3rd, and SDs 4th, to trade back up into the early 20s and draft Glenn (Per Mayocks Mock we could land both players in those spots).

I would have effectively used the Bills first two picks (10 and 41) to draft Glenn and Decastro AND moved our 3rd round selection UP to #49, where we should be able to land a decent WR or CB.

I just love those big Studs on the O and D lines. One can dream, PIXEYLAND!!!!!!!

Edited by peterpan

maybe the Bills are letting all that stuff out there so that people start thinking like you, discounting Barron and Tennehill, in order to make some people start thinking that the team's really after Reiff, DeCastro, Kuechly or Floyd and then they go after someone else? ...

jw

Relax. We'll all know in just over 27 hours from now....

I would love this trade. I would then take Decastro at 18, and use our 2nd and 3rd, and SDs 4th, to trade back up into the early 20s and draft Glenn (Per Mayocks Mock we could land both players in those spots).

I would have effectively used the Bills first two picks (10 and 41) to draft Glenn and Decastro AND moved our 3rd round selection UP to #49, where we should be able to land a decent WR or CB.

I just love those big Studs on the O and D lines. One can dream, PIXEYLAND!!!!!!!

Really? You would Trade down for DeCastro? Another non-need position?

I think in a Trade down the target would be Kirkpatrick, Glenn, or maybe even Steven Hill at #18... B-)

1335376212[/url]' post='2445702']

i have a hard time believing that the bills own chris brown would pick Mark Barron in his mock draft, "if" the bills were really interested in him. i think the bills are trying to get dallas or philly to bite on a trade of draft picks.

Exactly

1335376556[/url]' post='2445712']

PTR

And that's what we want. If Barron isn't on our radar, we want someone ahead of us to take him, allowing a coveted player to possibly fall to them. Makes a lot of sense.

How ridiculous is it for the team's "lead journalist" to post a mock draft? That takes the cake. It would be absolutely hilarious if the Bills do wind up with Barron.

jw

"You can't triple stamp a double stamp, Lloyd"

jw

Is that anything like a reversal of a reversal of a Custer decision? If so, Buddy is just the mule-skinner for the job.

GO BILLS!!!

how can anyone relax at this time of year. now, it appears the Bills just might be trading down. what if that's just a ruse and they're really trading up? ... wouldn't that make it a triple-fake with a flip?

jw

i just hope the flip isn't a flop....

Really? You would Trade down for DeCastro? Another non-need position?

I think in a Trade down the target would be Kirkpatrick, Glenn, or maybe even Steven Hill at #18... B-)

aAll three of our Gs will be FAs at the end of this season, and Wood is coming back from injury and has been injury prone. Decastro is the most likely pereniel all pro on the board and can play G or C. I also get Glenn in my wet dream scenario :blush:

And dont forget we would have the 49th pick to spend on a CB or WR, J Jenkins or Sanu perhaps?

Edited by peterpan

aAll three of our Gs will be FAs at the end of this season, and Wood is coming back from injury and has been injury prone. Decastro is the most likely pereniel all pro on the board and can play G or C. I also get Glenn in my wet dream scenario :blush:

And dont forget we would have the 49th pick to spend on a CB or WR, J Jenkins or Sanu perhaps?

No thanks...I don't want an OG in the 1st Round...And The Bills, at least Buddy's Bills, have a philosophy to Draft OT's and then move them inside if necessary...DeCastro does not fit that philosophy...Glenn does...I'd rather have Glenn anyway... B-)

The source explains that, as Silva pointed out earlier tonight, the Bills would like to move up to get USC left tackle Matt Kalil. In the event they can’t, the Bills want to trade down — since they don’t regard any of the other left tackle prospects as worthy of a top-10 pick.

That’s why the Bills are being linked to safety Mark Barron. Buffalo hopes that someone will want to move up to get Barron at No. 10, so that the Bills can slide down and get a left tackle later. And so someone other than Nix is putting out the word that Barron may be the pick.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/04/25/bills-want-to-trade-up-or-down-for-a-left-tackle/