So glad we didn't hire SHANAHAN

major

And then Jerry Rice said that was nonsense and he played for Shanahan twice, that Shanahan will design his offense around RG3's strengths, and then agreed that the QBs that Shanahan had success with were more like RG3 who would roll out a lot and run and throw play action and use his legs, when McNabb was a drop back West Coast QB. McNabb sure turned into a jerk in the last few years.

And then Jerry Rice said that was nonsense and he played for Shanahan twice, that Shanahan will design his offense around RG3's strengths, and then agreed that the QBs that Shanahan had success with were more like RG3 who would roll out a lot and run and throw play action and use his legs, when McNabb was a drop back West Coast QB. McNabb sure turned into a jerk in the last few years.

IMO McNabb has always been a jerk. He's never been able to handle the pressure. I know most EVERYONE will say that TO is a problem wherever he goes but it has my opinion that he was never really this big of an issue until Philly and McNabb became a little Bi$(H. In San Fran Owems was nothing more than what Stevie is for us now, he was never an issue in Dallas and we all know he was like a chior boy during his stay here, which pretty much cements my opinion in my mind about him and his misunderstood actions from people who clearly only read ESPN headlines. It reminds me of how informed they were when they were sure Mario Williams was in town but leaving, then checking out of hotel, them back at the airport, then planning other trips to Chi and Tenn. The media doesn't know half as much as they think they do. Ino that has made TO look bad and overhyped McNabb. He plays the game well though and plays the media like a fiddle.

Everywhere Shanahan coaches, there is drama. Even when he was winning with Denver, he created drama in some fashion. Anytime an owner or a coach is in the limelight over the players on the field, something is wrong. See New York Jets and Ryan as an example. Or see Jerry Jones in Dallas.

Mcnabb is a classic passive/agressive with that thin veil of polite "nice guy" act. I wouldn't trust a word that guy said.

That's why most of his team was on Terrell Owens' side after the Super Bowl run. Fat Andy sided with DM, though, so that was that.

That said, Shanny is a bit overrated. But it must be hard to win with Snyder running the show.

Actually, I think Shanana took Donovan to the woodshed and then sent him packing. The coach has more cred than that particular player. I for one am glad we never lifted a finger to get DM. He was washed up in Philly and they threw him away like an old shoe. He had nothing left in DC and Shanny exposed that. Good luck getting a job in TV Donovan. You'll need it.

I think McNabb is being whiny. I also think shanny is way over rated. I think he'll get them to 500ish football with RGIII. It's going to cost a fortune and won't ever win them anything unless RGIII turns out to be a manning.

Me too, hiring your son in a business you don't own is a recipe for disaster. If the son fails you both get fired.

IMO McNabb has always been a jerk. He's never been able to handle the pressure. I know most EVERYONE will say that TO is a problem wherever he goes but it has my opinion that he was never really this big of an issue until Philly and McNabb became a little Bi$(H. In San Fran Owems was nothing more than what Stevie is for us now, he was never an issue in Dallas and we all know he was like a chior boy during his stay here, which pretty much cements my opinion in my mind about him and his misunderstood actions from people who clearly only read ESPN headlines. It reminds me of how informed they were when they were sure Mario Williams was in town but leaving, then checking out of hotel, them back at the airport, then planning other trips to Chi and Tenn. The media doesn't know half as much as they think they do. Ino that has made TO look bad and overhyped McNabb. He plays the game well though and plays the media like a fiddle.

In SF, he cut ties with the team before he was a free agent and essentially called his QB gay in an interview. I don't remember Stevie doing anything like that. In Philly, he called out his QB after the SB and he mouthed off about the contract he was happy to sign in 2004. When the Eagles FO couldn't take it any more they suspended him. Finally they dumped him. In Dallas he OD'd on vicodin and after a loss in his first return to Philly since they dumped him, he went on a tirade in the locker room about how he wasn't getting the ball enough.

McNabb is clearly bitter in his bizarre attack on Shanahan. But your claims about TO are untrue. He did all of those things and none of them were made up by the press.

Completely disagree. McNabb has had BS lobbed his way his whole career and always took the high road (that fat idiot Rush and team cancer TO). He put up better numbers than Jim Kelly and played with crap receivers most of his career. The year before he got to Washington, he had a good year in Philly.

He's 100% right. Waht has Shanahan done since Elway? He has a giant ego and doesn't tailor his offense to his talent. That, IMO, is one of the biggest strengths of Gailey. Plus when you add how awful Washington is with draft picks and FAs, it could very well be a bad situation for any young QB to go into.

One thing I don't like about Shanahan, Shotty, Pollien, etc is if you hire the father, for the most part you get the son to. That's OK in itself, until the son stinks up the place and you want to fire him and still keep the ol man. It just ends up being a bad situation all around. Anyone think of any examples where it's worked out well in sports? In fairness Marty didn't wor kout too bad with his son, he was one of the better fits.

McNabb has always been a dope which the rest of the league outside of Philly is finally starting to see over the last few years. This isnt anything new

if McNabb is blaming his failure in Washington on Shanahan and his son what happened in Minnesota last year?

McNabb was never a pure drop back west coast QB though. The one thing McNabb did have was his legs as well as a canon for an arm. IMO he never fit that system even though he did put up decent numbers at times but everyone that plays for Reid seems to do that

Edited by Max997