Mario Williams: Officially a Buffalo Bill

ok...wtf....remember that thread about the older folks going to bed early....yeah...i am about 20 minutes from my nahgny time....but i don't want to miss anything...from here on out can you guys type in caps so i can hear when you post updates....PLEASE??????

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the top two FAs in football being at a nationally televised hockey game, NBC Sports would probably put a camera on him for 10 seconds.

I don't think it's impossible...maybe not likely.

To your reply and BuffBillForever is this:

How much national media attention have we recieved about this since the story broke about 4:30pm yesterday?

OUTSIDE of the people in the arena (because they obviously care) and people in the area, who really cares about hockey? It's the red headed stepchild of major sports right behind football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, and golf. Just saying nobody around the rest of the country gives a crap about hockey.

On another note, I think it wouldn't hurt and would show MW IF he really is at the game that we are fanatics and we really want him here. It was just my tale on hockey that must have pissed you off.

ok...wtf....remember that thread about the older folks going to bed early....yeah...i am about 20 minutes from my nahgny time....but i don't want to miss anything...from here on out can you guys type in caps so i can hear when you post updates....PLEASE??????

I JUST WENT TO THE BATHROOM

Woke up at 2:30 am today and checked the internet to see what I missed. Read for 45 minutes and forced myself to get back to sleep.

Way past nighty night time....

To your reply and BuffBillForever is this:

How much national media attention have we recieved about this since the story broke about 4:30pm yesterday?

I don't know. I get all my news on it from this thread (no, I'm not pretending I'm informed).

OUTSIDE of the people in the arena (because they obviously care) and people in the area, who really cares about hockey? It's the red headed stepchild of major sports right behind football, baseball, basketball, NASCAR, and golf. Just saying nobody around the rest of the country gives a crap about hockey.

On another note, I think it wouldn't hurt and would show MW IF he really is at the game that we are fanatics and we really want him here. It was just my tale on hockey that must have pissed you off.

The point being more that NBC Sports is not NBC Hockey...as a sports story it's not unimaginable that they'd focus a camera on another story for 10 seconds.

I don't know. I get all my news on it from this thread (no, I'm not pretending I'm informed).

The point being more that NBC Sports is not NBC Hockey...as a sports story it's not unimaginable that they'd focus a camera on another story for 10 seconds.

My point is you don't need a camera to get the chant going. If they can get it loud enough, it will get noticed.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

I know what your saying. I agree with it also. I think it oils be a great idea to put him on national TV at the game. And I think it would be really cool to let him know how much we want him as well. I was merely making fun at the fact that Buffalo never gets national attention for anything unless we look bad and at hockey for being one of the least popular sports in the entire country.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/14/bills-making-big-push-to-get-mario-done/

I don't mind PFT so much when the post a (relatively) positive story. Maybe they feel like they have to make up for something...

Don’t be surprised if the team ultimately makes Williams an offer that he can’t refuse.
Edited by Canucked

I really want him to decide so I can go back to Off The Wall and not come back until Draft day and then again until Week 1. It's scary over here.

You think it's scary here, don't ever go to PPP. This is kindergarten compared to there.

You think it's scary here, don't ever go to PPP. This is kindergarten compared to there.

Are you kidding? The idiots are rejoicing that we're spending time here, so they're not getting the hourly beat down.

Or more realistically, they're trying to have Florio break news at exactly the same time the camera focuses on Mario.

Did anyone just hear the intermission stick guy on NBC Sports Network? Went something like this:

How to play defense with one hand on your stick or two hands. I've always been a one hand on my stick kinda guy; everyone with two hands on their stick, it doesn't seem to give you what you want. With two hands on his stick right here, it gets him all off balance. All of a sudden he's going to be in the box, and he's going to feel a little shame.

If you open up like this, you have so much more wingspan and so much more balance, you could get in trouble sticking a stick through your arm or leg like this, but if you're careful, you can have much better balance.

If this is right which I highly doubt PFT has any reliable information on this but I would expect that negotiations are still on going throughout the night, they have agreed in an amount it's a matter of how much will be guaranteed. I'd guess he wants somewhere near where Megatron got or maybe more. I'd guess the $60m range in guaranteed money.

This is almost killing me. It obviously isn't the money factor, because the Bills want to make Mario the richest defensively paid player in the NFL. I think the question now is Mario's fiance. Marios seems to be a settled and focused man, his still being in Buffalo tells me he is interested. While I believe Mario has been courted and wooed, I believe his fiance needs some special attention given to her. Mario's thoughts are his family and future, so please western New York, show that lady a little love, after all, I am sure she can help purrrrrsuade him.

Did anyone just hear the intermission stick guy on NBC Sports Network? Went something like this:

How to play defense with one hand on your stick or two hands. I've always been a one hand on my stick kinda guy; everyone with two hands on their stick, it doesn't seem to give you what you want. With two hands on his stick right here, it gets him all off balance. All of a sudden he's going to be in the box, and he's going to feel a little shame.

If you open up like this, you have so much more wingspan and so much more balance, you could get in trouble sticking a stick through your arm or leg like this, but if you're careful, you can have much better balance.

Larry Craig is in the studio?

He thought today was stick and bj day.

Can't expect anything more from Milbury ... When he was a player he beat a fan with his own shoe during a game ... He should been banned from all hockey involvement for life on that day

If this is right which I highly doubt PFT has any reliable information on this but I would expect that negotiations are still on going throughout the night, they have agreed in an amount it's a matter of how much will be guaranteed. I'd guess he wants somewhere near where Megatron got or maybe more. I'd guess the $60m range in guaranteed money.

It could easily be that it's all but done. His agent is trying to get as much as he can out of the Bills before Mario signs. This is kind of an unusual situation, and with Megatron signing for so much today, that could have made the agent want a few million more. The Bills have to get this done and the agent knows it.

Patriots beat reporter Jeff Howe: "Mario Williams is the first person in the history of tourism to go to Buffalo for 2 days and decide to stay for a third"

They wonder why people call them Mass holes.

Would have loved seeing Foligno race through center ice and jump like his Dad used to after the hat trick. His jump earlier was kinda a letdown.

He'll get another chance. It's not a hat trick.

Patriots beat reporter Jeff Howe: "Mario Williams is the first person in the history of tourism to go to Buffalo for 2 days and decide to stay for a third"

i cant handle the critiques of buffalo like that.

its not even in good fun.

"patriots beat writers" didnt even exist til 10 years ago.

id be willing to bet an all expense paid trip to buffalo for 2 that that guy never watched a patriots game until the mid to late 90s.