Buffalo Bills TIME MACHINE!!!

Well, this is a game where you can go back in Bills history and make ONE different choice then before. be warned however, I will post the impact ofn that choice, and it MAY have serious consequences. For example, if you were to draft, say, Peyton Manning, right now you would be in the biggest rebuilding stage possibly in history. if you were to draft Emmitt Smith, then you would bge having a major vacancy at running back for the years after he retires. But hey, Bills fans are to tortured to be stupid, so you'll probably make the right choice!

Bills don't trade for Rob Johnson and select Fred Taylor instead

I hate Fred taylor, so this will be hard...Fred Taylor helps the Bills remain a stability over the years. With no Rob Johnson, the Bills trade up next year for a higher pick,. selecting Cade McCown. The next year, the Bills have a 5-11 season and Cade McCown is traded to the Jets. The Bills, with a sub-par defense, select Shaun Ellis in the NFl Draft in the 2000 NFl Draft. Ellis becomes a playmaker in Buffalo, becoming the base of their defense, going 6-10. The Bills go through the next year, the Bills select a quarterback, who at the time, people believe will be drafted too high...Drew Brees. The next few years are tough in Buffalo, but the latter decade is much more succesfull, and in 2010, the Bills finally reach the AFC Championship, losing.

the year is 1959. ralph chooses cincinnati instead of buffalo.

The Bills would actually be a lot worse of, especially in the 90's and 80's.

In SB XXV i would have Jim Kelly instead of just downing the ball take one more play to decrease the yardage for a kick , then down the ball because Norwood was just outside his range as we all know now .

If you go back & look Norwood didn't do as well from like 45 yds & out in his career but under he was money , & have heard that it wasn't his fault which i now agree with . The one thing i watched they ask why Kelly didn't take one more play to get them a few yds closer & history would have been changed for ever in B-lo !!

That and the fact that the D was real lacks in the game . But there you go that is my time machine moment !!!

In SB XXV i would have Jim Kelly instead of just downing the ball take one more play to decrease the yardage for a kick , then down the ball because Norwood was just outside his range as we all know now .

If you go back & look Norwood didn't do as well from like 45 yds & out in his career but under he was money , & have heard that it wasn't his fault which i now agree with . The one thing i watched they ask why Kelly didn't take one more play to get them a few yds closer & history would have been changed for ever in B-lo !!

That and the fact that the D was real lacks in the game . But there you go that is my time machine moment !!!

I belive we had 8 seconds left with no timeouts....taking a sack, throwing a pick, not being able to get out of bounds, intentional grounding trying to get rid of the ball, a holding penalty or any type of penalty, FG was the best option

kick the ball out of bounds against tennesee in 99, take the penalty and hope you hold them for one play from the line of scrimmage.

Great thought! I really believe that if we win that game we would have been playing St. Louis is the Super Bowl

I would like to go back and not trade back into the 1st for JP Losman. We could've gotten Rodgers the next year after his 1st Round free fall 1 pick before the Packers.

Edited by H2o

Scott makes that FG, the team doesn't go out drinking before the SBs, we don't have any turnovers in the SBs, Bruce gets a TD instead of safety in the first one, we win all those SBs. We didn't draft: Flowers, M Williams, Whitner, Maybin, Spiller. Hired John Fox instead of Grego, hired Sherman over DJ. Wade fired that ST coach, started Flutie ... man I just went on a rant, I'm sure OP wanted one but bad decisions just kept flooding my mind.

Bills hire Wade Phillips as defensive coordinator in 1989 and kick Walt Corey to the curb.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: 4 SUPERBOWL WINS!!! Its crazy how we could never get a great D and offense together, here is 0:) 0:) 0:) that Wanny can do it and Chan steps it up a notch.

kick the ball out of bounds against tennesee in 99, take the penalty and hope you hold them for one play from the line of scrimmage.

Ahh how could I forget.

Great thought! I really believe that if we win that game we would have been playing St. Louis is the Super Bowl

Yep and then we pound those spread sissies.

One super bowl over four losses ? I'm not sure -as time goes on more and more people realize 4 super bowls in a row is unreal. Like I've said make a kick and your team was great miss a kick and you suck- not that simple. Works on TV where they have an 8 second blurb to say something. Not because I dislike them although I do Pats have three SB wins all by three points - GREAT GREAT GREAT TEAMS !!! really ? really ?

Bills don't trade for Rob Johnson and select Fred Taylor instead

This would be my moment too.

it took almost a decade to come out of the shadow of that Rob Johnson trade.

The Nix era is the first era to start fresh without any echos of that decision.

My best friends father was an oline coach in the NFL at the time of the trade and new Rob Johnson. He called Rob Johnson the dumbest QB he ever met and said "I wish you a lot of luck with that one, you're gonna need it. "

It seemed like an obvious bad trade at the time and has to go down as a top ten worst trade kn NFL history.

Flutie would have one more playoff games.

Draft Rice the same year we drafted Reed. Imagine! If we still managed to get Lofton here...well, wow!

That's an interesting one. As it is the 1985 draft was the base of the Bills golden age. Bruce Smith, Andre, Frank Reich, plus at least a few others who were solid contributors. Replacing Derrick burroughs with Rice, might have made it the best draft of all time.

What's really amazing is that the Bills had the first overall pick that year and 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. They had 6 of the first 63 picks.

One super bowl over four losses ? I'm not sure -as time goes on more and more people realize 4 super bowls in a row is unreal. Like I've said make a kick and your team was great miss a kick and you suck- not that simple. Works on TV where they have an 8 second blurb to say something. Not because I dislike them although I do Pats have three SB wins all by three points - GREAT GREAT GREAT TEAMS !!! really ? really ?

Four straight SuperBowls was unreal but I would trade all of them them all and a lot more for just one superbowl win. I'd do it in a heartbeat. I always find it amusing how fans in general talk about "making" it to the superbowl; "getting" to the superbowl; ect. From now on, every Bills fan should only refer to "winning" the superbowl. That's my opinion slash mini-rant.

Damn good choice. But because I don't think the Bills would get much further with Rob Johnson even if they won that game ill take it a step further. I'd go back and let Flutie finish what he started that season. Never a huge supporter but noone thought he'd do what he did.. And he did. We sit here now thinking he wouldn't have finished it with playoff wins...but... Yeah. The point is we will never know and that we were robbed of the opportunity.

If I could make another one just because I'm interested in how the OP will play it out- I would go back a few years to the draft and choose Ngata instead of Whitner. Move back into the first the same way we did, but then pick Mangold instead of McCargo.

Are you kidding? You prefer 4 SB losses in a row as opposed to being SB Champs one time? You criticize Pats because they won SBs by only 3 points?

i would go back and make sure Ralph would of signed Reggie White when he was a free agent in 92. Imagine Reggie and Bruce the 2 best DE`s in history playing together.. I wonder why Ralph didn`t do all he could top make that happen. Reggie wanted to play for one of 3 teams the Jets, Packers and BIlls. HE ended up signing for 3mil a yr with the Pack. Wow just a few yrs later Ralph is paying Chris Kelsey 6mil a yr... Had Ralph signed Reggie i think we win 3superbowls easily.

Not 4 Super Bowls in a row, 4 Super Bowl LOSSES in a row. And that is unreal, alright. It's also embarrassing, disgusting, and I believe has affected the psyche of Buffalo fans into thinking losing is ok.

What does "Bills" stand for? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. Great. LOVE hearing that joke about our joke of a franchise.

It is that simple. We win 1 of those Super Bowls and we're one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history. Instead, we lost ALL of them and are considered a joke, and a reference in songs and pop-culture about choking.

If you are seriously ok with never winning a championship, then what's the point?

Well, the Bills were built a little like the Colts have been the past few years. Weak against the run but with an awesome pass rush. They depended on getting up on teams quickly which takes away most of the run threat, forcing them to try and pass to catch up, at which point the potent pass rush can tee off on the QB. Well the Giants refused to abandon the run, even when down and methodically drove the ball down field by running it and running it and running it some more. The Bills didn't have the ball enough to really put the points up, and this also played into the Giants hands. Basically they had the perfect gameplan to beat us, and executed it to perfection, even when they went they fell behind 12-3 in the first half, which would have caused some coaches to panic and start trying to pass more, especially while playing one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

If this game was played 10 times between the same two teams, the Bills probably would have won 7 of them. Unfortunately, on this day the Giants hung on to win, as perhaps the most famous Super Bowl field goal attempt of all time went "Wide Right"...

Not 4 Super Bowls in a row, 4 Super Bowl LOSSES in a row. And that is unreal, alright. It's also embarrassing, disgusting, and I believe has affected the psyche of Buffalo fans into thinking losing is ok.

What does "Bills" stand for? Boy I Love Losing Superbowls. Great. LOVE hearing that joke about our joke of a franchise.

It is that simple. We win 1 of those Super Bowls and we're one of the greatest dynasties in NFL history. Instead, we lost ALL of them and are considered a joke, and a reference in songs and pop-culture about choking.

If you are seriously ok with never winning a championship, then what's the point?

Actually, most people I have talked to about it in the past few years have been amazed at how that team could have gone to 4 straight championship games. It is virtually unheard of in sports, and likely will never happen again. Look at how good some of the teams have been and none of them have been able to get back 4 times in a row. Yes, winning at least one of them would have been awesome, but you can tell a lot about how people feel about those teams by looking at the number of Hall of Famers from them...Levy, Smith, Thomas, Kelly, and Reed is going to get his due eventually.

I wish they would have won, as I am sure everyone else does(really no excuse for losing to a Giants team they were clearly superior to with a backup QB playing), but that doesn't change the fact that what they did will likely never happen again...

Actually, most people I have talked to about it in the past few years have been amazed at how that team could have gone to 4 straight championship games. It is virtually unheard of in sports, and likely will never happen again. Look at how good some of the teams have been and none of them have been able to get back 4 times in a row. Yes, winning at least one of them would have been awesome, but you can tell a lot about how people feel about those teams by looking at the number of Hall of Famers from them...Levy, Smith, Thomas, Kelly, and Reed is going to get his due eventually.

I wish they would have won, as I am sure everyone else does(really no excuse for losing to a Giants team they were clearly superior to with a backup QB playing), but that doesn't change the fact that what they did will likely never happen again...

Yes, it's a great achievement which we have nothing to show for. If we're really lucky it will never happen again.

Better yet...kick it deep through the end zone.

Or we might not have even needed to do that because a good wish would be for Flutie to have started that game.

Edited by BuffaloWings

It's 1958. Bills fans chip in to buy the franchise for $26,000 (beating out Ralph's $25,000 commitment). We have a community-owned team like Green Bay. It ain't perfect, but at least the motivation is to build winning teams as often as possible, instead of having one clod leach us for millions with his only priority the bottom line.

Hell, if I include the tickets, drinks, food, merchandise, etc., I spent more than $26,000 in 51 years.

---or---

Instead of football I spend decades watching women's mud wrestling. In that sport the spectator is always happy with the results.

WOW !! My vote as post I disagree with most ever !!!!!