Brady just slammed the Buffalo area

Yard Monkey

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was just watching NFL network live coverage of the Wednesday press conference. Brady was talking about how his parents were very supportive and how they traveled to his games in college and then when he became a starter in the pros. He then said "my (dad) even traveled to Buffalo. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Buffalo, but the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world."

Anyone else hear this?

He's right. People wonder why free agents won't come to the Bills until they understand that visiting teams at least historically have staying in the Hyatt on Main St.-- the first thing they see coming from the airport is the kensington expressway (a Pit), then they get off and make their way up boarded up Main St. with some dingy old streetcar rattling up the road, get out of the bus and go in the hotel and look out their window and see basically a wasteland of urban decay. This is all visiting teams players see. The bus and the Main St. area around the Hyatt. Not a good impression. Definitely not the nicest place in the world. The truth is the truth.

Honest, yes, but why go out of your way to insult a city? He's a pompous little B word and I can't wait until he's out of the league.

Because he got the crap beat out of him the last time he played here and he heard the fans in the stands. Don't be so sensitive people have been making fun of Buffalo since the vaudeville days who cares. By the way Brady is one of my favorite players.

He's right. People wonder why free agents won't come to the Bills until they understand that visiting teams at least historically have staying in the Hyatt on Main St.-- the first thing they see coming from the airport is the kensington expressway (a Pit), then they get off and make their way up boarded up Main St. with some dingy old streetcar rattling up the road, get out of the bus and go in the hotel and look out their window and see basically a wasteland of urban decay. This is all visiting teams players see. The bus and the Main St. area around the Hyatt. Not a good impression. Definitely not the nicest place in the world. The truth is the truth.

Talk about overvaluing the deep thinking of pro athletes. Prince Fielder just signed with Detroit. Pro athletes care about money and to a lesser extent, winning. Money magically makes any place nicer.

I was just watching NFL network live coverage of the Wednesday press conference. Brady was talking about how his parents were very supportive and how they traveled to his games in college and then when he became a starter in the pros. He then said "my (dad) even traveled to Buffalo. I don't know if you guys have ever been to Buffalo, but the hotels in Buffalo are not the nicest places in the world."

Anyone else hear this?

WHO CARES? Seriously. Brady doesn't like Buffalo hotels, OH NO!

Because buffalo is one of the turrblest.

Thanks Chuck.

You have a good point. I left the area about 30 years ago, coming back to attend one Bills game a season, and I have to say not much has changed. If you want to get mad at somebody get mad at the politicians at all levels of government for doing absolutely nothing to bring about positive change in the region.

I also have no problem finding hotel accomodations that are more than satisfactory.

It's interesting reading these responses. Some guys are outraged by what seems to be a slight towards the city we love, and other guys are like calm down who cares masking their contempt by saying it's a fair comment in comparison to other great cities to visit.

As I read the responses I switched each time I read a comment. I got pissed then It rolled off my back. The truth is it's both. It's definitely a knock on our home city (whether he calculated that or not) and that makes me angry as hell because that's where I'm from, but we sort of deserve being a whipping post from a sports perspective, and Buffalo isn't the city it used to be or should have been.

I'll take a stab at the appropriate captions:

1. His other secret sexual attraction.

2. His let me see how gay I can look momemt.

3. His 99# weakling moment. Boy he has really bulked up since this one.

4. Cow patty **** kicker moment

5. Not sure what to make of this, sure isn't dancing, stiff as a f'ing board or dancing bear moment

Wow.

Im not from Buffalo. When i read this i expected people to be going nuts over for this comment. I know another site where idiots would make this the biggest issue on the planet yet on here people are like " yeah, so?" I just find that funny. This forum definitely has some cool people on it.

My opinion is that it isnt the biggest dig i have ever heard by any stretch of the imagination BUT there really was no need for him to make it. Someone should slap him upside the head.

The Mansion on Delaware garnred Four Diamond & AAA status the past two years. It's ranked with some of the best in the country for service and amenities. If you haven't been there check it out. It's not even that terribly expensive. Throw a tie on, or not, and have a drink in the billiards room some night before a Sabres game. The staff treats everyone as though they're royalty, no need to feel like you don't belong.

And also, F#@k Brady. Tuck and Pierre Paul are gonna frustrate the hell out of him just like Strahan and Mitchell did 4 years ago.

Bill Cosby stayed there a few years back and could not stop raving about it. Maybe next time the Pats are in town the hotel concierge could check on Brady every fifteen minutes to see if there is anything that could his stay more enjoyable.

Wow.

Im not from Buffalo. When i read this i expected people to be going nuts over for this comment. I know another site where idiots would make this the biggest issue on the planet yet on here people are like " yeah, so?" I just find that funny. This forum definitely has some cool people on it.

My opinion is that it isnt the biggest dig i have ever heard by any stretch of the imagination BUT there really was no need for him to make it. Someone should slap him upside the head.

The way I look at it is plenty of cities have things that could be made fun of it. Brady's hometown is the gay capital of the US (not that there's anything wrong with that :devil: ). LA is filled with gangs, pollution, and traffic. IN NYC, you pay $3,000/ month to live in a box and have to ride public transportation everywhere. Philly is called Philty. Boston has a reptuation as one of the most racist cities in America. So you can't get upset if someone makes fun of Buffalo. And a lot of the parts that outsiders see are pretty crappy. However if you take someone on Elmwood near the art gallery and Delaware Park, there are mansions that compare to any where in the country (Buffalo had the highest per captia of millionaries in the US at the turn of the century).

Basically, I think it's pretty weak to talk about someone's hometown but you can't get bent out of shape. I love the pride people have Buffalo and I take that everywhere I go. I do think it is funny that Brady is mocking the hometown of his best weapon though.

Bill Cosby stayed there a few years back and could not stop raving about it. Maybe next time the Pats are in town the hotel concierge could check on Brady every fifteen minutes to see if there is anything that could his stay more enjoyable.

I think it also depends on the person as well. You can put me anywhere in the world and I'll make a good night of it. Brady and most pro athletes come in town for a night to play a game the next morning. They aren't exploring the city. Also most of the Buffalo hot spots aren't near the hotels.

Who cares? I heard the downtown hotels were shabby until recently. I think they did a big upgrade on Hyatt and the new Embassy suites in the Avant is supposed to be really nice. With the Lafayette undergoing renovation and the Mansion on Delaware there are some great boutique options. If you complained now, it would show that you are too lazy or cheap to get a nice one . There is defitely a grain of truth to his statement though. I am sure he stayed in some crappy rooms at some point.

I love Buffalo and I HATE Brady, but sadly he has a point. Adam's Mark is supposedly one of the city's nicer hotels and while the place isn't a dump it definitely isn't anything that would be rated above 2 stars in most cities.

But to stay in the spirit I believe this thread was started in...

F' Brady, I hope he gets beaten to near-death this Sunday. :thumbsup:

The Hyatt Regency is pretty nice also...