Big name WR I strongly think we WILL sign

I strongly believe we will sign Vincent Jackson. Buddy has shown with Chandler, Merriman, and Buster Davis he still has strong ties to players he helped draft. He might be a little pricey but Nix stated we need more receivers and his familiarity with Jackson will be enough to push him over the top. The Chargers have said they will not franchise him. He is a deceivingly strong deap threat option opopsite Stevie who we will most certainly resign. I am not reaching here, as a well informed Bills fan and historian I expect both of these things to happen.

Firing George "Mr. Ed" Wards and getting Jackson while resigning Johnson would sure make for a good start to the offseason.

I strongly believe we will sign Vincent Jackson. Buddy has shown with Chandler, Merriman, and Buster Davis he still has strong ties to players he helped draft. He might be a little pricey but Nix stated we need more receivers and his familiarity with Jackson will be enough to push him over the top. The Chargers have said they will not franchise him. He is a deceivingly strong deap threat option opopsite Stevie who we will most certainly resign. I am not reaching here, as a well informed Bills fan and historian I expect both of these things to happen.

Firing George "Mr. Ed" Wards and getting Jackson while resigning Johnson would sure make for a good start to the offseason.

I think the association you have shown between Nix and SD FA's makes sense...It's certainly a possibility.

Personally he is not on my list of FA favorites. His best work is downfield, while this Bills team and its QB are more about short/balanced passing. VJ has been a little inconsistent for my taste, and has looked very mediocre on the underneath stuff. Rivers was able to sling nice downfield passes to VJ, I don't think Fitz can do the same.

I hope they pick up someone a little more balanced, that can run nice routes underneath, as well as go deep on occasion.

I think the association you have shown between Nix and SD FA's makes sense...It's certainly a possibility.

Personally he is not on my list of FA favorites. His best work is downfield, while this Bills team and its QB are more about short/balanced passing. VJ has been a little inconsistent for my taste, and has looked very mediocre on the underneath stuff. Rivers was able to sling nice downfield passes to VJ, I don't think Fitz can do the same.

I hope they pick up someone a little more balanced, that can run nice routes underneath, as well as go deep on occasion.

I would agree with this. I watched a lot of Vincent Jackson between him being on my fantasy team as well as living in Los Angeles where a lot of my friends are Charger fans. He is very inconsistent and tends to only be significant when you can get him the deep ball. He isnt the best route runner and can be taken out of the game if you take away the deep ball. And we all know Fitz is not a deep ball threat and relies more on quick short reads to be productive.

That being said, I do agree with the original poster that I would say both him and Bowe could be targets our FO strongly pursues as they have said they need to get the offense more weapons and both those players have strong ties to Nix or Gailey. I would fine with picking up either one, but Vincent Jackson would be a prize signing for most teams, but I fear he may under achieve here based on what his strengths are versus what are QB's weaknesses are. Bowe on the other hand I have not seen as much footage on, so not sure which would be a better fit for this team, but based on his history in Gaileys offense I would speculate that Bowe is the better target.

Edited by Alphadawg7

I would agree with this. I watched a lot of Vincent Jackson between him being on my fantasy team as well as living in Los Angeles where a lot of my fans are Charger fans. He is very inconsistent and tends to only be significant when you can get him the deep ball. He isnt the best route runner and can be taken out of the game if you take away the deep ball. And we all know Fitz is not a deep ball threat and relies more on quick short reads to be productive.

That being said, I do agree with the original poster that I would say both him and Bowe could be targets our FO strongly pursues as they have said they need to get the offense more weapons and both those players have strong ties to Nix or Gailey. I would fine with picking up either one, but Vincent Jackson would be a prize signing for most teams, but I fear he may under achieve here based on what his strengths are versus what are QB's weaknesses are. Bowe on the other hand I have not seen as much footage on, so not sure which would be a better fit for this team, but based on his history in Gaileys offense I would speculate that Bowe is the better target.

I see your point about Bowe but the cheifs will not let him leave. He is also a slower, bigger, physical receiver like Johnson. We need Jackson for his deep threat ability. But again this isn't who I neccessarily want to sign but what I feel is going to happen.

I would agree with this. I watched a lot of Vincent Jackson between him being on my fantasy team as well as living in Los Angeles where a lot of my fans are Charger fans. ...

You have a lot of fans in SoCal, do you?

GO BILLS!!!

Guys....we cannot be afraid to sign a big physical deep threat because we are afraid that Fitz cant throw the long ball......

Fitz CAN throw it...its not the most accurate in the world so he need a big physical guy like Jackson who will fight for the ball...thats the whole PURPOSE of it......

The threat of the deep ball to Jackson will allow Stevie to work underneath....that is the whole point.

First people complain that we dont throw it deep when defenses are sitting on our routes....then they complain when we dont have a quality x route reciever....now they are complaining that we will get someone we cant use.

Which is it?

Edited by John from Hemet

It was focussed on short passing, because we had no deep threat

stevie a big wr? hes avg sized. bowe is a big wr. IMO bowe or VJ on the other side of stevie would be a really good addition. and if everyone could stay healthy would be really nice to see what this offense could do.

Signing VJ and resigning SJ would solidify our WR corps and open up our passing game. We had zero deep threat last year and VJ would provide that.

Offseason wishlist:

1. Sign Mathis

2. Sign VJ

3. Draft Reiff

Not a bad wishlist. But Cliff Avril is a talented 43 DE who would fit in, age wise, with the Bills team as it is currently constructed. Mathis is older, but wouldn't be a bad signing.

I would agree with this. I watched a lot of Vincent Jackson between him being on my fantasy team as well as living in Los Angeles where a lot of my friends are Charger fans. He is very inconsistent and tends to only be significant when you can get him the deep ball. He isnt the best route runner and can be taken out of the game if you take away the deep ball. And we all know Fitz is not a deep ball threat and relies more on quick short reads to be productive.

Didn't we just trade a WR who didn't run good routes, wouldn't cross the middle and was only a deep threat who would disappear if the deep ball went away? So Why would we sign another?

While I'm not advocating a one-trick pony, we need some kind of deep threat to at least keep defenses honest. A quick, big target to get downfield fast will help open up the short game and the run game as well. Limiting ourselves to one dimension because of our QB is foolish.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I WANT COLSTON!!

(mainly because I've known him since he was 12)

seriously...he is just a great guy and people would love him here.

I am a Big Colston fan, would love to see it but doubt they even consider it

I WANT COLSTON!!

(mainly because I've known him since he was 12)

seriously...he is just a great guy and people would love him here.

And he would want to leave a superbowl contending team with an MVP QB to come to Buffalo because...

And he would want to leave a superbowl contending team with an MVP QB to come to Buffalo because...

$$$.

I'm not saying the Bills will offer him enough, but that'd be the reason, especially if the Saints have a lot of salary obligations to balance.

Colston is the business. I'd love to have him here.

I don't know. The price of signing two FA receivers would be a lot more prohibitive than signing one and drafting another in the first round. As much as I'd like to see both SJ and VJ in Buffalo, I think it has to be one or the other AND that high draft choice.

GO BILLS!!!

i think he'd do it if the best offer was here. based on what i know about him and his family, i think it would help that it's only a 5hr drive to harrisburg.

8-8 is a "superbowl contending team"?

Going from an 8-8 team that didn't make the playoffs and couln't win the weakest division in the NFL to the Bills at 6-10 would not be much of a dropoff.

I'm 100% on board with bringing Vincent Jackson to Buffalo.

Guys....we cannot be afraid to sign a big physical deep threat because we are afraid that Fitz cant throw the long ball......

Fitz CAN throw it...its not the most accurate in the world so he need a big physical guy like Jackson who will fight for the ball...thats the whole PURPOSE of it......

The threat of the deep ball to Jackson will allow Stevie to work underneath....that is the whole point.

First people complain that we dont throw it deep when defenses are sitting on our routes....then they complain when we dont have a quality x route reciever....now they are complaining that we will get someone we cant use.

Which is it?

The guy for this is already on the roster. His name is Marcus Easley. There was a very good reason they let Evans go.

I heard something on the radio about this also. It was said D. Bowe is or could be interested in playing for Gailey again. Could also be purely speculation from the media because the Bills need WRs and Bowe and Gailey have a history together.

He is a UFA in 2012 and made $2.765 million last year.

Whatever the case, I wouldn't mind seeing Bowe in a Bills uniform. Git R done! Buddy!!!!!

Edited by FreakPop

I think what will have a lot to do with weather or not we try to bring Jackson aboard is what we do in the draft . If we happen to come across say Blakmon which is a stretch , but everybody has a right to dream right ? I think we would pass on Jackson .

If we don't get Stevie back i think it is even a better possibility but i don't see us spending the kind of money that Jackson could be talking about , now Buddy might have some influence along with Merriman they might be able to talk him down his price tree a bit he would be a great get to add to our offense !!

But a lot of things will have to fall just right in order for us to pick him up !!!!