Fitz Has Possibly Had A Broken Rib Since Toronto?

• Replies 410
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just talked to my buddy who is good friend's with Fitz's doctor - take it for what it's worth but he said he has had a broken rib since Toronto.....

It wouldn't surprise me. It was pretty clear last year something was wrong with Fitz's mobility and as a matter of policy, Fitz and the Bills coaches don't seem to want to discuss it.

Any Dr. that would reveal details on the health of one of his patients should lose his license.

That said, I've wondered about this for a couple of weeks now. Fitz took a HUGE shot to the chest in that game and hasn't thrown the same since.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

You guys act like as if a Doctor would not reveal anything to family or friends. I have a friend in the NHL and he tells me alot of **** that isnt out in the media.

I believe this guy. The hit he took against Fletcher ( I believe ) was huge!

Just talked to my buddy who is good friend's with Fitz's doctor - take it for what it's worth but he said he has had a broken rib since Toronto.....

That would explain the poor decisions and terrible throws. Are you sure your friend who is a good friend with Fitz's doctor didn't say he hurt himself lifing his wallet after he signed that ridiculous contract? It is kind of ridiculous, since it is against the law for a doctor to talk to someone else about a patient no matter who he is.

Edited by billsfreak

You guys act like as if a Doctor would not reveal anything to family or friends. I have a friend in the NHL and he tells me alot of **** that isnt out in the media.

Is your friend a physician or a player?

Probably explains alot. My biggest beef lately (and I'm a big fan of Fitz) is that he falls backwards when throwing...especially deep balls. Maybe it's the body's way of protecting itself from a rib injury. throwing off the back foot may alleviate some of the pain. In any event, he has seen better days.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Fitzpatrick pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Oh my gosh, that was a good one and so refreshingly original. I am totally shocked it took so long for someone to use it....

Broken rib since Toronto? How about unread playbook since contract?

Billy Joe Hobart Fitzpatrick.

Exactly- He is lowering his shoulder to protest those broken ribs, sliding leaves them exposed... It all makes perfect sense.

Gee that is a good idea? Whose doctor told you that one?

Knock Knock: Who's There?

Ryan

Ryan who?

Ryan in the world would you give Fitzpatrick all that money!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with this girl who saw Fitzpatrick pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Knew this was coming. Just surprised that noone added an animal into the mix. There is always an animal.

Edited by Juror#8

Any Dr. that would reveal details on the health of one of his patients should lose his license.

Pretty much this. No doctor prestigious enough to have professional athletes as patients would risk it all by violating HIPAA and blabbing protected health information to your girlfriend's sister's neighbor's cousin.

And if he did, the hammer could and should be brought down on him.

Might be true and it is very believeable if you look at the hit he took. The reason we lost the last two games was not because of Fitz. He is far from perfect but this is by far the best QB play we have had since Flutie. He missed a couple deep throws yesterday but also had about 4 drops from his WRs that need to be caught.

As far as his accuracy....that is much improved and for the season he is around 60%. That sucks according to some people....some people that do not know football.

Here's my question: Aren't NFL teams required by league rule to report all football-related injuries? After all how are the odds makers supposed to do their jobs? If Fitz is really injured and the Bills didn't report it, could they be fined?

PTR

Be that as it may. Doctors are as human as anyone else.

Walk up to someone on the street and start blabbing, not too likely.

Be a bit "lively" after an alcoholic dinner with friends and say something like "maybe he doesn't have a bad arm, maybe he's got a broken rib" , the guests combine it with information from another time and source that a certain quarterback may be seen from time to time at his office, and perhaps a wink. There you have it.

Nothing direct, but there it is.

That kind of thing happens.

Here's my question: Aren't NFL teams required by league rule to report all football-related injuries? After all how are the odds makers supposed to do their jobs? If Fitz is really injured and the Bills didn't report it, could they be fined?

PTR

Good point PTR. My understanding is the Bills are required to report injuries and illnesses that affect a player's participation in practice or will likely affect his participation in the game that week. They are not required to provide specifics (eg is it a broken or a bruised rib? Is it a sprain or a strain?) or continuing updates once the player returns to full participation in practice.

As a matter of fact if you check out the Week 9 injury report, the Bills did report a "chest" injury to Fitzpatrick, with "limited participation" in practice on Weds.

So they did what they were required to do, if it's true.

Edited by Hopeful

Good point PTR. My understanding is the Bills are required to report injuries and illnesses that affect a player's participation in practice or will likely affect his participation in the game that week. They are not required to provide specifics (eg is it a broken or a bruised rib? Is it a sprain or a strain?) or continuing updates once the player returns to full participation in practice.

As a matter of fact if you check out the Week 9 injury report, the Bills did report a "chest" injury to Fitzpatrick, with "limited participation" in practice on Weds.

So they did what they were required to do, if it's true.

Hmmmm...I wonder if they use the Lindy Ruff method of reporting injuries? (lower or upper body, nothing else.) If this is true it could explain the big fall-off on offense, though you'd think Chan would have been running the ball more if this were the case.

PTR

Oh my gosh, that was a good one and so refreshingly original. I am totally shocked it took so long for someone to use it....

It's not original. It's from a twenty five year old movie and is used to illustrate the fact that your post is, at best, double hearsay and not worth jack, especially, as many have pointed out, given the implausibility of a doctor violating physician-patient privacy by disclosing this information.

If Fitz ends up living up to his contract, most of the people on this board better be ready to eat a lot of crow. Fitz is currently projected to make the pro bowl and is beating the guy in 4th by quite a bit. Fitz is currenty 5th in the league in completion percentage with 65.7%. Granted, we have a short passing game which helps a bit but it's not like he's grossly inaccurate by any stretch. Lots of Bills fans=bipolarly stupid. I'd like to look at a lot of your posts when we were 5-2 hahaha.

I swear to God, the IQ of this site drops every day.

If this were true, it means that Fitz likely went to an orthopod who likely spends his free time doing orthopedic surgery.

Surgeons aren't your average dude hanging out at a bar, tossing a few back and talking about their patients confidential medical reports.

If you believe otherwise I'd suggest you check yourself.

Edited by Mike in Syracuse

I swear to God, the IQ of this site drops every day.

If this were true, it means that Fitz likely went to an orthopod who likely spends his free time doing orthopedic surgery.

Surgeons aren't your average dude hanging out at a bar, tossing a few back and talking about their patients confidential medical reports.

If you believe otherwise I'd suggest you check yourself.

Actually, a fractured rib rarely involves a surgeon of any kind at all. It's not a surgical disease, for the most part.