Fitz has agreed to 6yr 59Mill Contract

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a lot of money. I actually thought Stevie Johnson should've been the first priority of the three. It's becoming clear that Gaiey is a genius and can make any QB look good. I love Fitzpatrick as a leader, but for those of you keeping track at home, he's now had three pretty mediocre/pedestrian games in a row (#'s in Philly game are misleading, he wasn't taking any chances).

Oh boy.

Trent Edwards says hi. Chan can make any QB better and is great working with what he has, but the reality is that Fitz is a talented decision maker and an accurate thrower to a degree we did not expect. That is not all on Chan, and I am excited to have Fitz be our starting QB for the near future.

Over the next few years we can see when a groom for the future QB falls in our laps, and if a franchise QB shows at any point, but especially later in this contract, we can pick him without forcing the issue. A Rogers or Rothlesberger or Brees or someone similar since I don't see us picking top 10 any time soon, or a Dalton/Mallett/Claussen type with a lower pick.

He does not have a great deal of talent. his accuracy is poor. his arm strength is below average. yet i said he has made himself into a good qb with the help of an offense brilliantly designed by chan to maximize his strengths(quick thinking, good mobility,good composure).i like fitzy a lot. i think he is a good qb---and i love his guts and the fact that he doesnt mentally fold when things go bad. but the fact is he is not that talented.if he played under an offense where he was forced to wing the ball downfield a lot he would look just awful. he doesnt have that kind of talent. if he tried to QB Kurt Warners Rams or Warren Moons Oilers he wouldnt even be able to get the ball downfield to his receivers half the time.

How many of these exist? The Oilers run and shoot was a short passing game with small, quick receivers.

Edited by nucci

It's a lot of money. I actually thought Stevie Johnson should've been the first priority of the three. It's becoming clear that Gaiey is a genius and can make any QB look good. I love Fitzpatrick as a leader, but for those of you keeping track at home, he's now had three pretty mediocre/pedestrian games in a row (#'s in Philly game are misleading, he wasn't taking any chances).

I dunno. Trent and Brohm are no longer with us for a reason. Fitz deserves a bit of credit for his ability to grasp what Gailey is doing.

If Matt Cassel is worth $10 million/season, Fitz is most certainly worth this contract. Good for him, though I'm sure the same Ralph is cheap people will find another way to bash him for this.

Also, I see zero reason to not draft a QB they like high because they have Fitz. There is no reason a young QB can't sit for a few years to learn under one of the smartest QBs in the league.

Congrats Fitz ('bout time FO!)and let's hope Stevie and Fred's new contracts are soon to follow. For the first time in a long time this team feels like it's finally building towards something positive with great leadership on offense and a good locker room.

I was afraid our bean counters would screw it all up but this goes a long way to reassure me that this organization is serious about building a playoff quality team. Go Bills.

Congrats Fitz ('bout time FO!)and let's hope Stevie and Fred's new contracts are soon to follow. For the first time in a long time this team feels like it's finally building towards something positive with great leadership on offense and a good locker room.

I was afraid our bean counters would screw it all up but this goes a long way to reassure me that this organization is serious about building a playoff quality team. Go Bills.

Why do people keep spewing this crap? It is such BS. When have the Bills not given out money? They do all the time. It can be argued that they make terrible decisions about who to give the money to but it is complete garbage to imply they are cheap.

But I forgot. 92 year old Ralph Wilson's secret plan to rake in every penny he can is to leave his team in the booming economy of WNY. Buffalo = mega bucks!!!