Fitz has agreed to 6yr 59Mill Contract

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Fitzpatrick? I thought his name was Fitzgerald. ESPN is really confusing me.

Peter King (SI) loves it. His twitter:

"Re Buff's Fitzpatrick $9.9 per year for 6 yrs: the right money for a good QB and excellent franchise leader. Love this deal for both sides."

??

while fitz certainly lacks in the talent dept--he--along with Chan--has made himself an above avg QB.

and without fitzy--this bills team is awful.just the nature of the game these days. so in the big picture yes he is worth the money.and it was necessary that we signed him.

i don't like it. he's a mediocre qb. a 3 year 30 million would be best but we still need to look a qbs to find our true franchise quarterback that being said its good to see them actually signing people before they hit f.a

its basically a 3 year 33 million dollar deal

football contracts are not about years but guaranteed money

Hansworth contract in washington was reported as a 100 million dollar deal when it was really a 40 million dollar deal

the best part of this deal is that they got it done in time to roll some of it into this years cap

Edited by Max997

while fitz certainly lacks in the talent dept--he--along with Chan--has made himself an above avg QB.

and without fitzy--this bills team is awful.just the nature of the game these days. so in the big picture yes he is worth the money.and it was necessary that we signed him.

"In leading the Bills to their unexpected start, Fitzpatrick has completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 1,477 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. His QBR rating of 70.9 places him fifth in the NFL, trailing only Aaron Rodgers (85.5), Tom Brady (78.8), Matt Hasselbeck (77.7) and Drew Brees (74.8). His NFL passer rating of 95.2 is also among the league leaders.

Fitzpatrick directs an offense that averages 31.3 points per game, surpassed only by the Packers (32.8) in the NFL. The Bills have scored 30 or more points in their victories over the Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots and Eagles."

Yeah he really lacks talent

I wasn't questioning the signing. I like Fitz and happy he will be here. One poster mentioned picking a QB prospect every year in the draft.

View Postmaryland-bills-fan, on 28 October 2011 - 01:25 PM, said:

Good.

Fix more holes in the draft, get a QB prospect in the draft each year, play it smart. :flirt:

Edited by nucci

"In leading the Bills to their unexpected start, Fitzpatrick has completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 1,477 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. His QBR rating of 70.9 places him fifth in the NFL, trailing only Aaron Rodgers (85.5), Tom Brady (78.8), Matt Hasselbeck (77.7) and Drew Brees (74.8). His NFL passer rating of 95.2 is also among the league leaders.

Fitzpatrick directs an offense that averages 31.3 points per game, surpassed only by the Packers (32.8) in the NFL. The Bills have scored 30 or more points in their victories over the Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots and Eagles."

Yeah he really lacks talent

He does not have a great deal of talent. his accuracy is poor. his arm strength is below average. yet i said he has made himself into a good qb with the help of an offense brilliantly designed by chan to maximize his strengths(quick thinking, good mobility,good composure).i like fitzy a lot. i think he is a good qb---and i love his guts and the fact that he doesnt mentally fold when things go bad. but the fact is he is not that talented.if he played under an offense where he was forced to wing the ball downfield a lot he would look just awful. he doesnt have that kind of talent. if he tried to QB Kurt Warners Rams or Warren Moons Oilers he wouldnt even be able to get the ball downfield to his receivers half the time.

Edited by Tcali

Kelsay last year, Williams and Fitz this year, Johnson and Jackson to come.

Buffalo as an organization is a laughing stock no more, and it's obvious the "bean counters" aren't running the show. This is football people making good decisions. They won't hit on every one (Merriman) but they're doing the right things.

Negative ninnies, you can suck it!

Kelsay last year, Williams and Fitz this year, Johnson and Jackson to come.

Buffalo as an organization is a laughing stock no more, and it's obvious the "bean counters" aren't running the show. This is football people making good decisions. They won't hit on every one (Merriman) but they're doing the right things.

Negative ninnies, you can suck it!

:thumbsup: