Fitz has agreed to 6yr 59Mill Contract

buffalo1983

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"In leading the Bills to their unexpected start, Fitzpatrick has completed 66.3 percent of his passes for 1,477 yards, 12 touchdowns and six interceptions. His QBR rating of 70.9 places him fifth in the NFL, trailing only Aaron Rodgers (85.5), Tom Brady (78.8), Matt Hasselbeck (77.7) and Drew Brees (74.8). His NFL passer rating of 95.2 is also among the league leaders.

Fitzpatrick directs an offense that averages 31.3 points per game, surpassed only by the Packers (32.8) in the NFL. The Bills have scored 30 or more points in their victories over the Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots and Eagles."

Yeah he really lacks talent

Still blows my mind to read this. It's still early but its awesome. Clearly, Fitz is worth the money. Stevie Johnson should be our priority now.

I'm very pleased with this, but it is kind of wild that they were talking about taking Newton if he fell. So what changed? I'll tell you: Fitz beat the Patriots.

Not sure about that. I think it was exactly as they said. Fitz was our guy but if there is a chance to get a franchise QB we have to take him. Fitz was going to start 2011 no matter what as it was the last year of his deal and he was good last year. They even told him that flat out.

Newton was the only guy they thought was a franchise QB, although they liked Gabbert and perhaps Ponder, but not enough to trump someone like Dareus. They weren't going to take a guy in the 2nd or 3rd except to be a project. If Newton was available they would take him, but no one else. When Newton was taken, Fitz was going to be their guy until he faltered and had to go another way. They even said they would have renegotiated with him for a long term deal if there wasnt a lockout.

This start, however, probably upped his price 3-4 million a year but it didnt change the thinking. If he would have tanked it may have changed their thinking.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

these numbers seem justified. i thought he might get a little bit more, but this is solid. front end loaded, so if needed trading him later on could be done with out too much issue. this seems fair for both parties. i am happy. here is the deal, when you have a top 15 qb, you hold onto him regardless. the time it takes to develop a guy, and the chance he flops, really make it necessary to keep serviceable and good qbs regardless of what team it is.

i also like the deal, it sets the standard for fred and steve. i know johnson is asking stupid money, well there is no way he gets more than fitz. i see him signing a 6 year 40mil contract guarantee 18ish. fred should get possibly 4 years and something inbetween those 2 guys most likely closer to fitz.. fitzies contract keeps these other 2 a bit more realistic, the numbers i heard flying around seemed a little out of control.

There'd be a thread a day about how big of a bust he is.

And another thread bitching and crying Newton is sitting on the bench when it's obvious Fitzpatrick sucks, and why can't the coaches see that.

Kelsay last year, Williams and Fitz this year, Johnson and Jackson to come.

Buffalo as an organization is a laughing stock no more, and it's obvious the "bean counters" aren't running the show. This is football people making good decisions. They won't hit on every one (Merriman) but they're doing the right things.

Negative ninnies, you can suck it!

It is a new era and a good time to be a "high motor guy" apparently.

I find it unsettling they're committing to a weak armed QB coming off his recent poor performances against Bengals and Giants when he knew a contract was on the line.

I agree. The agent and Fitz knew they had to get this done this week. I think Buffalo should beat Was this weekend, but after that we play the Jets twice and the Cowboys. Miami is always tough and who knows what Titans team shows up. If Fitz waits for the 7-9 or 8-8 season to finish and he throws a couple more game ending picks, his money pot drops.

I agree. The agent and Fitz knew they had to get this done this week. I think Buffalo should beat Was this weekend, but after that we play the Jets twice and the Cowboys. Miami is always tough and who knows what Titans team shows up. If Fitz waits for the 7-9 or 8-8 season to finish and he throws a couple more game ending picks, his money pot drops.

If he continues to lay an egg that will make a trifecta of disastrous extensions with merriman and Williams. Stevie and Freddie can forget theirs as a gun shy Ralph won't pull the trigger after that