Maybin has 0.5 less sacks than our entire team

deep2evans

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe tim graham should have also pointed out that maybin only got on the field in garbage time, when the fins were in obvious and futile passing situation, and he didn't have a blocker in front of him.

show me video of maybin shedding a block and making a play, or beating a guard or tackle in a play that matters.

there is no video, i'm guessing there won't be any.

not really

Yes, really.

I can't believe he didn't do better on our team where we made him play a different position

May be there is a genuine problem with the coaching staff of this defense. Edwards has been horrible in his 22 games as DC.

maybe tim graham should have also pointed out that maybin only got on the field in garbage time, when the fins were in obvious and futile passing situation, and he didn't have a blocker in front of him.

show me video of maybin shedding a block and making a play, or beating a guard or tackle in a play that matters.

Yes, really.

Then he should also point out that Merrimans' sack wasn't much of a sack at all...but a statistical sack, none-the-less

I'm sorry, the 1 against the ravens was in the 3rd quarter. But tonights was definitely garbage time.... Gee you'd think all these sacks would get him on the field more.

So, if a guy breaks Bruce Smiths all-time sack record, do they go back and see how many of the new record holders sacks came in garbage time? Do they go back and see how many of Bruce's came in garbage time? It is a slippery slope... :rolleyes:

not trying to make a point here, because i still think he's one of the worst NFLers I've ever seen, but wow - that's !@#$ing pathetic.

It would help if we came up with some creative and overload Blitzes, Goes to show what the right coaches can do even with a horrible player in Maybin. <_<

May be there is a genuine problem with the coaching staff of this defense. Edwards has been horrible in his 22 games as DC.

:worthy:

Kevin Greene for DC!!

Maybe there is more to playing outside linebacker than getting a few sacks?

Maybe he is a complete liability when he is on the field in nearly any situation?

Maybe some Bills "fans" are completely grasping for straws?

I much preferred when the Bills were 3-0 and the Jets were 1-3.

Now if the Jets beat us, we are back in 3rd place in the division. Where everybody predicted. :unsure:

And of course it will be because they cut Maybin!

Edited by Matthews' Bag

he stripped reggie bush in the first half when the score was either still 7-3 or 14-3 thats not garbage time at all. Running down reggie bush 11 yards from the LOS is no small task and was a very good play.

Yes, really.

see above

I often wonder if other fan message boards include so much obsession with players who used to play for their team, particularly ones who weren't any good. Nothing Aaron Maybin does can change the fact that he sucked while wearing a Bills uniform. Letting him go was a total no-brainer.

Now if the Jets beat us, we are back in 3rd place in the division. Where everybody predicted. :unsure:

Yeah - except the Jets suck and aren't going to beat us in either game.

The Jets just got their third win against the now 0-6 fish. Their other wins were against 1-5 Jax and a squeaker against 2-3 Dallas.

The Jets lost badly to the Pats and Raiders - two teams we already beat (albeit in tough games). We have two road losses on late FG's to a pair of 4-2 teams.

Honestly - could any Bills (or Pats*) fan watch last night's game and chuckle about the 2-team race in the AFCE? That was two lousy teams we just watched.

The Bills will sweep both the Jets and Dolphins. Write it down and take it to your local community credit union.

Edited by BobChalmers

Why do you care? The Bills could not find a way to put him in a position he could perform well and they cut their losses and let him go. If some other team had a D that he can thrive in that's fine. Except for the fact that the Bills play the Jets twice a year, how does this affect the Bills?

Circumstances and production dictate that Maybin deserved to be cut. Would it surprise me if Maybin at age 23 developed into a useful situation pass rusher...? no, not really but it wouldn't of surprised me if he was out of league and in the CFL.

Sometimes former busts put it together but I don't think you can fault the Bill's organization, Maybin had ample opportunities to prove he was more than a below average situational 3rd and long pass rusher.

not trying to make a point here, because i still think he's one of the worst NFLers I've ever seen, but wow - that's !@#$ing pathetic.

2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in 3 games? He didn't even accomplish that much here in practice. Sometimes things work like that, see Johnny Unitas (not comparing him to Unitas).

Yeah - except the Jets suck and aren't going to beat us in either game.

The Jets just got their third win against the now 0-6 fish. Their other wins were against 1-5 Jax and a squeaker against 2-3 Dallas.

The Jets lost badly to the Pats and Raiders - two teams we already beat (albeit in tough games). We have two road losses on late FG's to a pair of 4-2 teams.

Honestly - could any Bills (or Pats*) fan watch last night's game and chuckle about the 2-team race in the AFCE? That was two lousy teams we just watched.The Bills will sweep both the Jets and Dolphins. Write it down and take it to your local community credit union.

Don't get over confident, there is alot of talent on the Jets, just like there is on the Eagles. They are only one game behind us, so the season isn't over yet. History with this team should hold your ego in check, unless this is your first year being a Bills fan.

2 sacks and 3 forced fumbles in 3 games? He didn't even accomplish that much here in practice. Sometimes things work like that, see Johnny Unitas (not comparing him to Unitas).

Not for nothing but Johnny Unitas forcing fumbles would have been a bad thing because he was a quarterback. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Not for nothing but Johnny Unitas forcing fumbles would have been a bad thing because he was a quarterback. :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

No Sh*t Sherlock. I was referring to how once in awhile when a player doesn't work out somewhere he goes somewhere else and blossoms. Sorry to be so complicated.

If you look at the defensive statistics,the Bills defense is very poor. Who is responsible for the defense?

The facts are the facts and the Bills cannot seem to come up with the big stop late in the game. This has been going on for quite some time. Until the Bills defense improves during crunch time then the Bills will still be considered playoff pretenders.

Wasn't that Jim Plunkett, too? Sucked for the Niners and was great for the Raiders?

Got knocked around with the Patriots also, who drafted him after winning the Heisman.

If you look at the defensive statistics,the Bills defense is very poor. Who is responsible for the defense?

The facts are the facts and the Bills cannot seem to come up with the big stop late in the game. This has been going on for quite some time. Until the Bills defense improves during crunch time then the Bills will still be considered playoff pretenders.

I agree, alot of people on here are fast to blame Edwards for our poor defense, and I am not saying he is the next great D-Coordinator, but it isn't his fault, at least all of it. How many times are the DBs on the right receiver, but just cant keep up to him? How many times are the LBs or DLs in the right place but they get pushed out of the way or miss a tackle? All a coaching staff can do is put the players in the right place, the players have to make the play themselves.

Since the Jets were at one time 2-0, I'd like to know when that was.

he stripped reggie bush in the first half when the score was either still 7-3 or 14-3 thats not garbage time at all. Running down reggie bush 11 yards from the LOS is no small task and was a very good play.

see above

He is fast, but that only happened because the LT pushed him far down the field and let up thinking he was neutralized and play over. Reggie must have danced around a bit and Maybin caught up from behind. Same with Maybins other contact with the ball. The tackles are letting him up thinking the play is over and Maybin runs over to the ball. If the tackles would continue to push him around until the whistle we would never hear Maybins name again.