Bengals prediction thread

Scrappy

Since i have been a little bored i have gone through and looked at their starters in comparison to ours.

QB's: Andy Dalton: rookie, the only win the bengals had he was knocked out of the game just before half time. They came back to win after half time. In the game against the broncos he had 332 yrds. I think Dalton is nowhere near as good as Fitz and i would be suprised if we dont get force him into a few turnovers

RB's: Cedric Benson: This guy really is their offense, he has a lot of yrds on a lot of carries because they dont trust dalton. If we can stop the run, then we force dalton to beat us. He has an appeal still up in the air, so he may not play, but i expect he will. If he doesnt play then Bernard Scott will start for them. Fred Jackson gets less carries but more yrds, so i expect us to win this.

WR's:A.J Green, Jerome Simpson and Andre Calwell: A Rookie and a couple of vets. Green has big play potential, check out the week 1 game, but the other im not worried about. A double team on Green and hes covered. Our recievers have shown they can play if they turn up ready to play they easily win this battle.

TE's: J.Gresham: a young talent, probably should watch him. After what Gronkowski did to us last week, then he will be targeted i think by Dalton. I think him and Chandler are kind of similiar. Gresham 6ft 5 Chandler 6ft 7. But i think Chandler brings more to the table in this battle. But both are good Tight Ends.

O-Line: A.Smith, C.Boling, K.Cook, N.Livings, A.Whitworth: I dont know anything about these guys, would anyone like to fill me in. I know they have let 7 sacks through this season though. I seriously think our defnsive line will kill these guys.

D-Line: R.Geathers, D.Peko, G.Atkins, M.Johnson: This line has been dominate getting to the QB and forcing fumble. Our O-line has to be good to stop these guys. I think this is the one spot they may have an edge on us in this area.

LB's: M.Lawson, R.Maualuga, T.Howard: Again the same as their line dominant, two good solid LB's, i think we draw in this area. If our o-line can stop there d-line then there LB's may not be as dominant

CB's: N.Clements, L.Hall: Lost J.Joseph, this really hurts them there CB's look weak, even with our injuries our CB's look a lot better then theirs.

Safties: C.Croker, R.Nelson: again they look weak here, our improved saftey means this is a dominant win for us.

Special Teams: They have a good kciker and punter, but they have lost shipley and this means they have no explosive return man

And i give us the win 31-10

Edited by aussiebills

For some reason, I can't shake the feeling that this has the makings of a trap game. The Bengals haven't beaten us in 10 tries (something like 20 years?), as we saw this weekend streaks can end at any time.

That being said, unless the Bengals make some surprising plays, I'm thinking the score will be something like 21-17, Bills.

Edited by Dorkington

I'm not going to lie, I think we're bound to have a drop off in offense numbers at some point. I think this bengals game will be that point. I still think the bills will control the clock but I have a feeling our red zone TD efficiency is going to drop off a little bit.

Bills 20

Bengals 14

I see 20-14 Buffalo. Bills scoring a fourth quarter touchdown to take the lead, and then Byrd picks Dalton off with under two mins while he tries to rally his troops.

This will be a close tough game. But Bills are showing they know how to win games. Lets keep that rolling

I really don't see this as being as close as NE and Oak. I truly believe this game is another KC statement game (at least I hope so). I was saying before another thread was started that the Cinci D isn't really all it's cracked out to be, and their offense is still young and inexperienced. I really expect Chan to have us ready to roll them...

Here's your big chance to pick the score.

QB: A rookie on a bad team vs. Fitz, who seems to be lighting it up. BUFFALO ADVANTAGE

HB: Benson may be suspended vs. Jackson, who no one can stop, and Spiller, who will take on a more Reggie Bush role. BUFFALO ADVANTAGE

WR: I see nothing worth mentioning vs. the no-name receivers we have. BUFFALO ADVANTAGE

OL: Seven sacks in three games vs. one for our line. Buffalo Edge

DL: Disruptive force, while ours has yet to make a whimper. Cincy Edge

LB: Underperforming Cincy LBs vs. Overachieving Buffalo LBs. Buffalo Edge

DB: Other than Clements, there is nothing I see in Cincy worth mentioning. Buffalo Edge

ST: No real return game for Cincy. Spiller and McFumbles are good, but not great. Buffalo Edge

Coaching: Cincy is 1 - 2 and beat a bad Cleveland team, only to be beaten by a mediocre SF team. Buffalo just beat the AFC standard bearer coming from behind. BUFFALO ADVANTAGE

Edge +1, ADVANTAGE +2

Buffalo 12 - Cincy 1 Buffalo +11

Spread is Buffalo -3 and the over/under is 44.

Take Buffalo to beat the spread and beat the over.

I don't see this being close. Buffalo by two scores. 31 - 17

Bills 23

Bengals 13

Cinci's offense isn't nearly as potent as Oakland's or NE's so the Bills Defense will finally get a chance to look good.

Cinci's D is okay and the Bills Offense won't press as hard to score so the Bills will put up 'only' twenty something points.

All of which will make the Bills 4-0.

Go Bills!

I'll say 24-17 Bills.

I am afraid however that this is the kind of week where this team could have a let down, especially after an emotional win over NE last week. Hopefully, Marvin Lewis will keep guaranteeing a win, helping to keep the focus of this team.