Fitz 1580 on the SAT !!

ALLEN1QB

That is sick!!!!!!!!!! Someone on NFL Network was saying they watched the past two games and could not believe how many different formations the Bills run and that they are able to because Fitz is so smart. The guy is setting himself up for a huge pay raise.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Props to Fitz for having the accumen to run the offense but the true genius is Gailey. He's building an offense that can run a dozen plays out of the identical formation. The freaking defense has no idea what's coming their way because everything starts the same way. The Raiders were absolutely powerless to stop the Bills in the 2nd half and the more this group plays together the better they'll get.

Props to Fitz for having the accumen to run the offense but the true genius is Gailey. He's building an offense that can run a dozen plays out of the identical formation. The freaking defense has no idea what's coming their way because everything starts the same way. The Raiders were absolutely powerless to stop the Bills in the 2nd half and the more this group plays together the better they'll get.

I've been saying that for years. Having a base offensive set that can run multiple plays is the single best way to gain an advantage over the defense. All these "situational" players do is just telegraph to the defense what's coming.

That's why Chandler turning into a legitimate TE is so important. Having a blocking TE and a separate pass-catching TE does nothing but tip the defense off as to whether its a run or a pass!

For the first time in years! I can't sit here on my couch and call the play - run left, pass to the flat, etc. - based on the formation or the pre-snap motion Coincidentally, for the first time in years, we actually look like a real NFL team out there. Amazing.

It's clear what Fitz may lack in physical ability he makes up for somewhat with his head. Yes, Chan may be the real football mind, but I remember a quote from him recently on how good Fitz is at synthesizing information. He only needs to be told something once, and he's got it down.

The other thing I really like about him that's refreshing are his press conferences. You don't hear many pro athletes speak in complete sentences with fully-formed thoughts.

Actually, he scored a 48 (out of 50).

I think I remember reading that he intentionally did NOT get a perfect score so that the only other guy to get a perfect score (some kicker who was also from Harvard) would remain the only guy to do it.

I seem to remember Fitz saying something about how his friends actually make more than him. I can believe that especially if they are on Wall St.

I'd guess that under his $3M/year contract, he's likely to be beating out his wall street friends, for the most part. But until signing with the Bills, his NFL rookie/veteran minimum contracts in the $400,000 range could have been topped.

When he signs his next deal with the Bills, you can bet the first phone call he'll get is from the President of Harvard regarding his obligations to support the endowment.

When he signs his next deal with the Bills, you can bet the first phone call he'll get is from the President of Harvard regarding his obligations to support the endowment.

I actually work in educational fundraising at a big university. Trust me: They've already called him. Many times. The question is whether or not he takes the call. :)

I actually work in educational fundraising at a big university. Trust me: They've already called him. Many times. The question is whether or not he takes the call. :)

Both Fitz and his wife, All American soccer player Liza Barber, are Harvard alums - I have no info either way, but I'd bet they generously support their alma mater.

Edited by The Senator

Harvard econ Grad. He may be the only NFL player that would make more $ sticking with his major and career path than playing in the NFL.

I seem to remember Fitz saying something about how his friends actually make more than him. I can believe that especially if they are on Wall St.

Fitz must have been joking. Few guys on "Wall Street" 6 years or so out of college (even Harvard) are making close to that number. That's partner money.

I'd guess that under his $3M/year contract, he's likely to be beating out his wall street friends, for the most part. But until signing with the Bills, his NFL rookie/veteran minimum contracts in the $400,000 range could have been topped.

Agree