Fitz 1580 on the SAT !!

ALLEN1QB

You got a perfect score on your SAT test?

I did. Math was always easy for me, and the verbal half I got a little lucky on. I took a few SAT2 tests too and I think the lowest section I pulled down was like 760? 740? Somewhere in there. Standardized tests like that are a skill in their own right. If you get them, you don't even need to know the information insanely well to score high. Just have a good grasp, and understand how to figure out what the writer had in mind. I was also gifted with teachers that had their names on my textbooks and worked writing and grading national standardized tests. I was one of a handful in my school to ace it that year.

Edited by NoSaint

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. Math was always easy for me, and the verbal half I got a little lucky on. I took a few SAT2 tests too and I think the lowest section I pulled down was like 760? 740? Somewhere in there. Standardized tests like that are a skill in their own right. If you get them, you don't even need to know the information insanely well to score high. I was also gifted with teachers that had their names on my textbooks and worked writing and grading national standardized tests. I was one of a handful in my school to ace it that year.

Impressive under any circumstances. Kudos.

I just wish you would show it here. ;) I kid, I kid.

FWIW, it was reported that Fitzpatrick himself said he intentionally left an answer blank on his Wonderlic. I don't think I have ever seen where he seriously explained why he did that.

Edited by Kelly the Fair and Balanced Dog

Impressive under any circumstances. Kudos.

I just wish you would show it here. ;) I kid, I kid.

Thanks thanks- and I do show it. it just goes over your head ;)

I kid, I kid.

And to be fair, the kid on the lentil diet got a 1580, so it only says so much!

Edited by NoSaint

I believe he finished it in 13 minutes, which is also sick.

Isn't it a 12 minute test?

Is 1580 a good SAT score?

This SAT score means that you scored better than 58.1% of test takers.

Total Percentile: 58.1%

Male Percentile: 56.0%

Female Percentile: 60.0%

In 2006, 16,555 students scored 1580 on the SAT. There were 1,376,745 test takers in 2006.

You can see the two pieces of information don't correlate, yes? 16,555/1,375,745 can not possibly be 58th percentile? It is 1.2% of the test takers that year?

At the time Fitzy took the SAT, a perfect score was 1600, and 98.5-99th percentile sounds about right.

Fitz is a bright boy, even amongst the denizens of that "Little Red Brick Schoolhouse Up the Chuck" as we used to call it.:devil:

Same score as me. B-)

Maybe I can be the next Bills QB.

I knew we had a higher collective I.Q. than Chiefs Planet

Edited by Hopeful