Favorite movie of all time?

Canadian Bills Fan

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go ahead, name a movie you'd rather watch right now. You can't.

Rocky ended communism in Rocky IV. It's the perfect movie.

I still haven't watched it all the way through. I always have to stop after

Apollo gets killed

:cry:

Field of Dreams.

From the sounds of others who have replied I really need to see Shawshank Redemption

Yes, you should.

What we should do is make a topic of the best movie made from a Stephen King adaptation. I would love to hear the TBD posters response to that.

Go ahead, name a movie you'd rather watch right now. You can't.

Rocky ended communism in Rocky IV. It's the perfect movie.

:lol: :lol:

Great retort.

I've given this a lot of thought,,,,,

Red Dawn.

Watched it hundreds of times since its original release, and it is still an awesome movie.

That movie horrified the SH*t out of me when I first saw it...that scene where you're in the classroom, but outside the window you can see the paratroopers landing...and they they COME UP TOWARD THE WINDOW, BREAK THROUGH INTO THE SCHOOL, AND THEY START SHOOTING AND KILLING AND SHOOTING AND KILLING SOME MORE!!!!! :o :o :o

It was pretty intense for a kid...

Edited by ajzepp

+1

Amazing how it's still great.

True...I saw the HD transfer for the first time earlier this year, and it was like a completely new movie. I was just entranced by all the colors and visuals and detail...truly an amazing film!

I know I will be absolutley HAMMERED for this but (sighs).....the 2010 Wolfman remake.

I know I know, this movie has gotten negative reviews, but I loved it. The special affects were amazing (see oscar nod) as was the action, but that wasn;t the major reason I liked it. The main reason is how meaningful it is. It;s a character story, and I really felt for the cursed Lawrence Talbot, suffering through the hatred of the fellow villagers and putting the woman he loves in great danger. The acting was fantastic, especially Del Toro and Hopkins, there was a great twist and (again sighs) I teared up a little at the end. A underrated, underappreciated masterpiece

I know I will be absolutley HAMMERED for this but (sighs).....the 2010 Wolfman remake.

I know I know, this movie has gotten negative reviews, but I loved it. The special affects were amazing (see oscar nod) as was the action, but that wasn;t the major reason I liked it. The main reason is how meaningful it is. It;s a character story, and I really felt for the cursed Lawrence Talbot, suffering through the hatred of the fellow villagers and putting the woman he loves in great danger. The acting was fantastic, especially Del Toro and Hopkins, there was a great twist and (again sighs) I teared up a little at the end. A underrated, underappreciated masterpiece

A very good, old friend of mine wrote the screen-play for this...he hated it, but, like you, I thought it was really good...maybe not "favorite movie of all time good", but very underrated.

Everyone always has two favorite movies, the one they say to people that is their favorite, and the one that is really their favorite. The one that they say is their favorite is a critically acclaimed movie that they liked a lot but isn't really their favorite. Then their is that movie that is really their favorite but its not the most critically acclaimed so they don't like to admit it.

My favorite movie (The one I tell people) Forrest Gump

My real favorite movie Superbad.

As for my top 19, this is how it goes:

1: The Wolfman

2: The Matrix

3: Underworld

4: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

5: Daredevil

6: Princess Mononoke

7: Monsters Inc

8: The Book of Eli

9: Happy Gilmore

10: Big Daddy

11: Titanic

12: Spider-Man 2

13: Hellboy

14: Spirited Away

15: 3:10 to Yuma

16: The Iron Giant

17: Spider-Man

18: The Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Ring

19: Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny

Blues Brothers

Outlaw Josey Wales

Scarface

Midnight Express

Joe Kidd

The Ballad of Ricky Bobby:Talladega Nights

The Warriors

Anything with Clint or Will Farrell

WARRIORS! COME OUT TO PLAAAAAY!!!

Edited by SelmonSmith6378

• 2 weeks later...

For me it would have to be Shawshank Redemption.

I don't have one fav because there are just so many exceptional films. But Shawshank Redemption ranks high up there in my book. I don't often purchase movies and I often debate as to whether a specific film makes my cut. Shawshank made my cut.

Edited by Pilsner

some that come to mind:

Robin Hood (Errol Flynn)

Northwest Passage

Drums Along the Mohawk

Battleground

Saving Private Ryan

Christmas Vacation

It's a Wonderful LIfe

Hocus Pocus

Aliens

Forbidden Planet

Spartacus

and many many many more

Braveheart

Forest Gump

Raiders - Temple of Doom

Tombstone

Natural Born Killers (great soundtrack too)

Christmas Vacation

Groundhog Day

Goonies

Toy Story 2

Really, not one of you mention Alien or Terminator.

Terminator :thumbsup:

Terminator II, dosed, at the drive in.... :blink: Woah