Reggie Corner .............

Jdragon2

Feel bad for Eddins. Another undrafted guy who really impressed. Hopefully he'll make a complete recovery and be back next season.

Have a hunch that his injury isn't really serious and he was simply a victim of numbers.

Yeah Eddins injury wasn't serious but by IRing him the Bills can protect his rights. I too am glad about Corner returning. Obviously, I'd rather see a healthy TMG but that hammy must be pretty bad.

To be honest (Flame away) I think once McGee is healthy we should shop him around. When it was Greer and McGee abck then, I thought we let the wrong guy go.. :) McGee is injury prone, IMO, and he's still got gas enough that some teams will be interested in him big time. I say timing is everything when it comes to making good deals. The time to trade McGee is now, or when he's back healthy. Depending on the need, we should easily get a 3rd rounder for him? I'm confident in the guys we have at CB now, they're all above average, IMO, or at least with as much potential to be.. Corner is one of them. I know don't like Corner but he's gritty, and Buffalo likes gritty..

Tim-

To be honest (Flame away) I think once McGee is healthy we should shop him around. When it was Greer and McGee abck then, I thought we let the wrong guy go.. :) McGee is injury prone, IMO, and he's still got gas enough that some teams will be interested in him big time. I say timing is everything when it comes to making good deals. The time to trade McGee is now, or when he's back healthy. Depending on the need, we should easily get a 3rd rounder for him? I'm confident in the guys we have at CB now, they're all above average, IMO, or at least with as much potential to be.. Corner is one of them. I know don't like Corner but he's gritty, and Buffalo likes gritty..

Tim-

I don't know about letting McGee go though the injuries are getting frustrating. The same and more actually could be said about Roscoe. I remember McGee as the one player we have had over the last 5 or 6 years that Belichik was actually afraid

of. When McGee was returning kicks, he was an absolute terror. After a few good returns against the PATs one year, Belichik switched to squibb kicks whenever McGee was back there and did so every game after that. For my money, he is

the best returner we have ever had. I would be inclined to give him the benefit of every doubt.

Have a hunch that his injury isn't really serious and he was simply a victim of numbers.

Agreed. Although, after the game, Gailey said that Eddins injury was the worst of them, after he said that McGee was bad and would be out a few weeks. That means more than a few weeks for Eddins. If they didn't keep 11 LBs, Eddins may have lasted.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. My post was not to lament on McGee's skillz. He is a good player, BUT, he "was" a better player. It means that although he is not the player he once was, he is indeed trade bait for a team in need, and good enough for a 3rd rounder, IMO, maybe even 2nd round if the need is urgent. Look, I like him a lot, I really do, but I'm trying to think about the future. Our CB core is pretty good, a notch or two above average, IMO, and well coached. We could stand to lose McGee, and it wouldn't hurt us necessarily.

Just sayin.

Tim-

I don't know about letting McGee go though the injuries are getting frustrating. The same and more actually could be said about Roscoe. I remember McGee as the one player we have had over the last 5 or 6 years that Belichik was actually afraid

of. When McGee was returning kicks, he was an absolute terror. After a few good returns against the PATs one year, Belichik switched to squibb kicks whenever McGee was back there and did so every game after that. For my money, he is

the best returner we have ever had. I would be inclined to give him the benefit of every doubt.

I agree. I know we don't use him that way anymore, but I think he might be the best KO returner I've ever seen period, not just on the Bills. Others may have been faster or more juke-tacular, but he was so smooth and efficient - always seemed to make the right little cut or weight shift and would zip through the smallest gaps. He made it look effortless. If he wasn't the best KO returner in terms of athletic ability or production, he was certainly the most natural one I've ever seen. I like him as a CB too, but I would never have stopped using him on kickoffs.

Also, he is only 30 (DBs can be good well past that), and he has played 14, 11, and 9 games the past three years. (Before that he was good for 15-16). If that's a trend because of aging, well, that sucks. But I think it's too early on the career arc to say that.

Tim-

No way. I want McGee in (if he IS healthy) when the Bills play their wild card game!

yeah baby!

The best we could do is Reggie fricken Corner!?!? Reggie fricken Corner!?!?!? Man I hope McGee gets well fast because I can't stand Reggie fricken Corner. No, Reggie "automatic first down" Corner! Hopefully Terrence Wheatley catches on fast as well. Man, I hope Corner doesn't have to play any......

The best we could do is Reggie fricken Corner!?!? Reggie fricken Corner!?!?!? Man I hope McGee gets well fast because I can't stand Reggie fricken Corner. No, Reggie "automatic first down" Corner! Hopefully Terrence Wheatley catches on fast as well. Man, I hope Corner doesn't have to play any......

Dude, chill. Corner knows the defense, knows the other players, can fit right in if necessary. Those are valuable qualities in an emergency pickup.

Numerous thoughts on this one.

* Reggie Corner may be on the roster solely as an insurance policy... he's not suddenly our nickel cornerback again. There's a good chance that he's there for injury disaster only and that Aaron Williams is ahead of him now. In fact there's even a chance that they'd give Justin Rogers a shot ahead of Corner in the event of an injury onslaught at corner. The Bills know what Reggie Corner is all about and they cut him.

* Terrence McGee has played in just 13 of the last 32 regular season games. Trade him? He has zero trade value. No one gives draft picks up for an aging cornerback who cannot stay healthy.

* Eddins wasn't likely to make a big impact this year. He's Bills property and hopefully makes a big jump next year. Not broken up about this one at all (BTW, the Bills did not announce the nature of Eddins' injury when they announced him to IR).

* Antonio Coleman is one OLB injury away from being contacted by the Bills.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

Numerous thoughts on this one.

* Reggie Corner may be on the roster solely as an insurance policy... he's not suddenly our nickel cornerback again. There's a good chance that he's there for injury disaster only and that Aaron Williams is ahead of him now. In fact there's even a chance that they'd give Justin Rogers a shot ahead of Corner in the event of an injury onslaught at corner. The Bills know what Reggie Corner is all about and they cut him.

Agree to an extent, and I don't think Corner is very good.

There is a very good chance, however, that if there were another injury, Corner would shoot ahead of Rogers instantly. We still have three decent options in Flo, McLovin, and A Williams. We also have three safeties that can play, although Scott has been playing LB in nickel and dime packages. The Bills liked Rogers over Corner but Rogers is likely not ready to play yet. He missed a lot of training camp and he is an undersized rookie. They may not want two rookies back there. Corner was probably the best option right now as a bandaid, even though he isn't very good. he knows the defense.

I think I will be surprised if Corner is on the team 6-8 weeks from now though, barring a rash of injuries back there.

I don't disagree with anything you've said. My post was not to lament on McGee's skillz. He is a good player, BUT, he "was" a better player. It means that although he is not the player he once was, he is indeed trade bait for a team in need, and good enough for a 3rd rounder, IMO, maybe even 2nd round if the need is urgent. Look, I like him a lot, I really do, but I'm trying to think about the future. Our CB core is pretty good, a notch or two above average, IMO, and well coached. We could stand to lose McGee, and it wouldn't hurt us necessarily.

Just sayin.

Tim-

At this point in his career and with his recent injury history, I have to completely disagree with your perspective on McGee's value. I don't think there's a single team out there that would trade a 3rd rounder for him, let alone a 2nd. He could probably get something in a trade, but it wouldn't be a lot.