A Few Thoughts About The Game

Bill from NYC

1) To the civilians, firefighters and of course my brother police officers who lost their lives 10 years ago: I am glad that your time in heaven is pleasant. You are heroes, and I wish I could haved saved you. I constantly think about you; you are the best thing that ever happened to New York.

2) Andy Levitre threw key blocks today. He was always decent on passing plays but today, he put himself in position and took out his man time after time on FJ runs. So yes, I said before and am saying after this "benching" stint that he is our best blocker. If you disagree, please take me to task.

3) Barnett is twice as good as Poz. That's all I have to say about this issue but do feel free to comment.

4) I was lucky enough to have watched the game with two of my daughters today. My oldest (an ivy league and law school grad) made a striking comment. She said that she learned more about football today that any day of her life. She btw is 27. She said that they actually did things that I have been screaming at them to do for as long as she could remember.

5) If I had to pick just one player who won us this game, it would be Marcel Dareus. He won't show up on the stat sheets but he simply kicked ass. He stretched out runs and pushed back the pocket on pass plays. This, in his first NFL game. Marcel Dareus, at least today, was the exact football player that this team has always needed. OMG it was great to watch!!!!!!!!!!

6) I promised someone named Dan (a TBD lurker) from Buffalo that I would give him a shout out. Here it is. Good game!

7) Sorry, Pears is a huge concern. I won't go into it, but I saw what I saw and it wasn't good.

8) Badolbilz told us about Chandler. His hands were as soft as cotton and he looks as if he can block and get open. Please take this post as an overdue shoutout. Badol, you forgot more about football than most of us will ever know. Sorry to single you out, but please come back to TBD. The problems you had here can be worked out, and this board will never be as good without you my friend. Not ever.

9) I was impressed by Byrd. He looks to be in better condition than last season, and he was getting physical in the first half.

10) OK, more about Dareus....KELSAY was making plays. Spenser Johnson looked like a good football player. This doesn't happen in a vacuum. Marcel was occupying blockers. I am just so psyched about this kid!!!

11) Fitz? He was every bit as good as he had to be. He is a QB who is capable of winning football games (same with Stevie Johnson). He and Fitz are partners. I love that s--t.

12) Chan Gailey really had a set of b%^^s today. I would have been more conservative but his calls worked. And btw, I personally guarantee that Brad Smith will win us at least 1 football game this season. I am thinking 2.

13) We are in first place, an undefeated team! Yeah,us, the Buffalo Bills! I absolutely love it! So world....excuse the f*&k out of me.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Bill from NYC

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thrilled with the game. Everything we could show on the field, we did.

Good: Freddy wouldn't go down. Fitz was generally accurate. Marcell IS an NFL player. Stevie made some good plays. Young guys got good reps, old guys got to rest legs. This was our first WIN in a long time. Last year we walked out with some W's but never beat a team. Liked the coaching.

Worries: it's the first game, for a team with a chip. Can they maintain that intensity, or could there be a letdown? Not what we like to think, but not rare either. Does the line hold up? Will we see merriman? Is KC the real deal (new OC, several injuries, lockerroom fights, and got half their wins against the NFC west last year).

Edited by NoSaint

Great observations, Bill. Plesantly surprised by the win today, completely shocked about the lopsided nature of it. I wasn't optimistic coming into the season. I'm not buying playoff tickets, but you can't help but feel better about the way the team played today. Hopefully we can keep it up!

1) To the civilians, firefighters and of course my brother police officers who lost their lives 10 years ago: I am glad that your time in heaven is pleasant. You are heroes, and I wish I could haved saved you. I constantly think about you; you are the best thing that ever happened to New York.

2) Andy Levitre threw key blocks today. He was always decent on passing plays but today, he put himself in position and took out his man time after time on FJ runs. So yes, I said before and am saying after this "benching" stint that he is our best blocker. If you disagree, please take me to task.

3) Barnett is twice as good as Poz. That's all I have to say about this issue but do feel free to comment.

4) I was lucky enough to have watched the game with two of my daughters today. My oldest (an ivy league and law school grad) made a striking comment. She said that she learned more about football today that any day of her life. She btw is 27. She said that they actually did things that I have been screaming at them to do for as long as she could remember.

5) If I had to pick just one player who won us this game, it would be Marcel Dareus. He won't show up on the stat sheets but he simply kicked ass. He stretched out runs and pushed back the pocket on pass plays. This, in his first NFL game. Marcel Dareus, at least today, was the exact football player that this team has always needed. OMG it was great to watch!!!!!!!!!!

6) I promised someone named Dan (a TBD lurker) from Buffalo that I would give him a shout out. Here it is. Good game!

7) Sorry, Pears is a huge concern. I won't go into it, but I saw what I saw and it wasn't good.

8) Badolbilz told us about Chandler. His hands were as soft as cotton and he looks as if he can block and get open. Please take this post as an overdue shoutout. Badol, you forgot more about football than most of us will ever know. Sorry to single you out, but please come back to TBD. The problems you had here can be worked out, and this board will never be as good without you my friend. Not ever.

9) I was impressed by Byrd. He looks to be in better condition than last season, and he was getting physical in the first half.

10) OK, more about Dareus....KELSAY was making plays. Spenser Johnson looked like a good football player. This doesn't happen in a vacuum. Marcel was occupying blockers. I am just so psyched about this kid!!!

11) Fitz? He was every bit as good as he had to be. He is a QB who is capable of winning football games (same with Stevie Johnson). He and Fitz are partners. I love that s--t.

12) Chan Gailey really had a set of b%^^s today. I would have been more conservative but his calls worked. And btw, I personally guarantee that Brad Smith will win us at least 1 football game this season. I am thinking 2.

13) We are in first place, an undefeated team! Yeah,us, the Buffalo Bills! I absolutely love it! So world....excuse the f*&k out of me.

14) GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great comments Bill.

Especially item 1.

i am not crazy about fitz' apparent passing motion of retreat instead of stepping into the throw...but....who's gonna argue after today????

I noticed this a lot today as well. He was falling back/throwing off his backfoot a lot when it wasn't needed. It caused a few incomplete passes on outs in the first half. Hopefully he can work on mechanics some more.

That being said... he did great :)

Demetrius Bell, Bill....!!!

Not just Bell, although he was stout against Tamba Hali as well. But I think Urbik deserves a little credit. I seem to remember watching the replays of a few of those longer off-tackle runs to the left and seeing Urbik coming across the line to the left and smacking someone hard on the outside more than once.