SCOTT CHANDLER

mousetrap08

Was anybody as impressed with our TE as I was. I know it was only 1 game but that was the best performance I have seen by a Bills TE in along long time.

I was surprised he got the kind of separation he did. He's big, but apparently he must be pretty quick too.

Kinda made me and the million other Bills' fans look silly for our outrage over not signing a FA TE.

I was surprised he got the kind of separation he did. He's big, but apparently he must be pretty quick too.

Kinda made me and the million other Bills' fans look silly for our outrage over not signing a FA TE.

Ran a 4.78 40-yard at the Combine.

I was hoping that for a guy who finished 2nd all-time in catches for a TE at Iowa (behind some schlub named Dallas Clark), that his lack of catches was teams overlooking him in the passing game. I guess I was right.

Its still reeeeally early but fingers crossed. Definitely reason to be hopeful

Gailey kept telling us he liked the guy. Maybe we should have believed him.

You can look at 10 years of film and be hard pressed to find a TE that involved in a Bills game plan.

I was impressed. That first score was huge and the perfect time to use a TE. I will bet the Chiefs did not expect a pass to the TE on that play. It has been way too long.

He had a great game, and looks sharp. I'm willing to bet money KC didn't gameplan for him, though--he was wide open several times and no one outside Buffalo even knew about this guy. So...let's see how he does against Oakland. I am glad, however, that this team finally appears to have a TE who can block and catch.

And enough of the "Gailey doesn't use tight ends" crowd. Every team needs a quality TE.

This Bills fan hopes he is the next Metzalars.

Was anybody as impressed with our TE as I was. I know it was only 1 game but that was the best performance I have seen by a Bills TE in along long time.

Guy scores two TDs and you ask if anyone else is impressed with him....way to go out on a limb there

Hey that Fitzpatrick guy was pretty impressive today too in case anyone didn't notice

He had a great game, and looks sharp. I'm willing to bet money KC didn't gameplan for him, though--he was wide open several times and no one outside Buffalo even knew about this guy. So...let's see how he does against Oakland. I am glad, however, that this team finally appears to have a TE who can block and catch.

And enough of the "Gailey doesn't use tight ends" crowd. Every team needs a quality TE.

We will see.

1) anyone that had a reasonable head on their shoulders argued that he likely wouldn't target a TE but that he uses what he has available. Ie- will he chase a FA Tony Gonzalez? Probably not. Will he maximize the talent he does have? Yes.

2) this team will have ups and downs. This was a big up. It's good to have some real vet leadership. It should help keep the downs minimal.

3) like you said - no one gameplanned for Chandler. KC may or may not be a good team this year. They were a big question mark if not a likely flop. Berry got dinged up. There's reason to hold our breathe. Although we did everything we could on the field, we still don't know what we played against or if we can be consistent week in and week out.

he's on pace for 32 touchdowns, this guy is wicked awesome! seriously though, i love what i saw and now maybe we can put this guy in the "which receivers will step up" conversation. also, very nice to see fitz with another sure handed go-to guy today. also really liked what i saw from david nelson. the bigs came up pretty big!

Gailey kept telling us he liked the guy. Maybe we should have believed him.

Amen - If anyone has listened to Chan and believed him; the production from the TE position should not have be a shock today; Chandler was excellent this preseason. Lets hope for much more this year

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Always a better week when the Bills win :)

I agree totally with what you are saying. Just like I said it was only one game but if he can show some consistency I think we have something here.

I do think we need to take into account that NO ONE expected Chandler. I mean, there wasn't anyone NEAR him on his second touchdown. The CBS commentators were practically APOLOGIZING to Chan about bringing up our lack of production at TE. You can bet your ass that Oakland will be guarding Chandler next week.

But even then, we still win. It was when they pulled people to guard Chandler that they pulled guys off Stevie and Donny. The more people we force them to guard, the more people Fitz has to throw to. Great game Chandler :worthy:

I do think we need to take into account that NO ONE expected Chandler. I mean, there wasn't anyone NEAR him on his second touchdown. The CBS commentators were practically APOLOGIZING to Chan about bringing up our lack of production at TE. You can bet your ass that Oakland will be guarding Chandler next week.

But even then, we still win. It was when they pulled people to guard Chandler that they pulled guys off Stevie and Donny. The more people we force them to guard, the more people Fitz has to throw to. Great game Chandler :worthy:

If they cover him, then somebody is taken from somewhere else on the field.