Earthquake

DC Tom

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like a 5.8 centered in the middle of VA.

I'm over 300 miles from there and felt something.

I wonder if that number should be adjusted slightly upward, or maybe it was just very shallow?

On their day off, Vince Wilfork and Albert Haynesworth were having a belly-flop contest with Mom Lady as the judge. Nothing to see here......

Seriously, hope everyone/everything is okay for you who are on the east coast. Here in the Midwest we have the New Madrid Fault. Forecasters keep telling us we're overdue to have a major earthquake/

I'm over 300 miles from there and felt something.

I wonder if that number should be adjusted slightly upward, or maybe it was just very shallow?

6km underground

And the website I got that from isn't online anymore, probably crashed from too much traffic or exceeded their quota

quakes.globalincidentmap.com

SDS is still wimpering under his desk at his office.

:nana:

You ain't kidding. I'm at the very bottom of DC on the 3rd floor. That shook the crap out of my building. Stuff fell off the shelves in labs, my desk was rolling like a sine wave. My heart is still racing.

My office on the 18th floor was moving and hopping pretty good. I was trying to see how local it was and the guys I could best see out the window are demolishing the building next door with a dozer-mounted jackhammer. They didn't seem to notice.

My office is in a panic of stupidity.

I don't understand why I felt it yet the guy in the same room next to me didn't and neither did the 3 working outside my door. The BOSS did come out to see if anything fell off shelves.

I don't understand why I felt it yet the guy in the same room next to me didn't and neither did the 3 working outside my door. The BOSS did come out to see if anything fell off shelves.

Maybe you were the only one awake. :P

Seriously, hope this is not a big deal and all of you are okay.

Just felt it on the 31st floor of an office building in lower Manhattan. If I was out last night, I'd have sworn I was drinking. Wow..if thats a 5.8 I really have no desire to feel anything more.

Same here.

PS - if people are going to evacuate skyscrapers in an earthquake, the worst possible place for them to congregate is at the foot of that skyscraper... At least some building managers are smart enough to get people off the sidewalks.

6km underground

And the website I got that from isn't online anymore, probably crashed from too much traffic or exceeded their quota

quakes.globalincidentmap.com

Go to USGS directly. They had to evacuate my company's offices in Stafford, VA, because of damage to the building.

And apparently they've evacuated Capitol Hill and the Pentagon (because maybe it's a terrorist event... <_<)