Incognito

Watching the fins and Ritchie Incognito is playing well for them, I'm sure glad we got rid of a capable guard with a mean streak, we definitely don't want guys with some nasty in them.

How did we get rid of a guy that was a free agent and didn't want to sign here?

I like Richie but the thing about him was it took him about 5 years to realize that a 15 yard personal foul can kill a drive just as much as a -15 yard sack. It's one thing to play with a mean streak, and another thing to play with a "can't control my temper/dumb streak." Seems like he finally got the message in Miami last year but it sure took a while.

Watching the fins and Ritchie Incognito is playing well for them, I'm sure glad we got rid of a capable guard with a mean streak, we definitely don't want guys with some nasty in them.

We like our guards to be gentlemen... you know, the kind that open the door for the defender to sack the QB :wallbash:

Incog will find a way to blow it up, give him a chance.

I would love to have given him a chance. Would have provided some quality guard play while we wait for the possibility to happen. Instead we have....well...ya know.

Forget it, he's rollin'.

Because he was a RESTRICTED free agent, which means we could have tendered him at say, a 3rd round level, and kept him on the cheap OR gained a 3rd rounder from another team that singed him. No doubt he would be starting for our sorry assses right now.

PS: OP, did you notice how John Jerry played (if he played)? He started the first few games for the Fish, but then got some weird ilness, lost a bunch of weight, and missed most of the season (the never disclosed what he had to my knowledge). I really was hoping we drafted him when we took Carrington. When I saw him playing well as a rookie and we had Jack Crap along out OL last year I was a bit ticked.

Because he was a RESTRICTED free agent, which means we could have tendered him at say, a 3rd round level, and kept him on the cheap OR gained a 3rd rounder from another team that singed him. No doubt he would be starting for our sorry assses right now.

PS: OP, did you notice how John Jerry played (if he played)? He started the first few games for the Fish, but then got some weird ilness, lost a bunch of weight, and missed most of the season (the never disclosed what he had to my knowledge). I really was hoping we drafted him when we took Carrington. When I saw him playing well as a rookie and we had Jack Crap along out OL last year I was a bit ticked.

I don't think John Jerry makes the team this year. He gets blown up in both the games and in practice.

Incognito was going into his 6th year in the league, was he really restricted?

Edited by Captain Caveman

+1 for knowing the rules

The Bills in my opinion make a lot of football decisions on things unrelated to peoples ability to play football- I don't know if they regard money, team spirit, hygiene, political leanings, politely listening to Ralph's stories or what, the Bills are also wildly inconsistent, you dump Evans cause you want to give young players more reps so why is Kelsay here- Kelsay is older, worse and just as expensive and what about Dwan Edwards and Spencer Johnson two older expensive guys taking reps from Dareus,Carrington,Dotson, Heard.

Incognito cleared waivers with only the Bills and Dolphins placing claims for him. No team was going to part with a draft pick to sign him.

Incognito cleared waivers with only the Bills and Dolphins placing claims for him. No team was going to part with a draft pick to sign him.

But thats their point, then he would have had to play RG for the Bills weither he was happy about it or not, or he would have to sit out or force them to let him go

But thats their point, then he would have had to play RG for the Bills weither he was happy about it or not, or he would have to sit out or force them to let him go

See: Dockery, Derrick as for what a guy who doesn't care enough to play for you looks like. And then you let him go for nothing anyway, while having to find his replacement anyway.

Why would you want the Bills to retain a player of just average ability who doesn't want to be here?

Edited by Kingfish

Why would you want the Bills to retain a player of just average ability who doesn't want to be here?

Uh... because we don't have a right guard with average ability? Our guards are below average... well below I'd say after watching Urbik.

more BS spin from OBD about players shown the door "not wanting to be here"

don't recall any direct quotes from Incognito about refusing to play in Buffalo

more BS spin from OBD about players shown the door "not wanting to be here"

don't recall any direct quotes from Incognito about refusing to play in Buffalo

Didn't he contemplate not even showing up then begrudgingly come to finish the year? I could be making that up but I thought there was something like that.

I also don't remember a stream of "buffalo was good while it lasted" coming from his camp.

Just because he didn't have a press conference announcing his distaste for buff didn't mean there were no clues,

Sorry wasn't looking at Jerry.

• 3 weeks later...