Vince Young

major

If Fitz goes down with an injury next season, do you want to hang your hat on Bad Bad Levi Brown or Bad Bad Brian Brohm? Seriously, we need to consider signing Vince Young as a backup QB.

Otherwise, let's plan on LUCK next April.

If Fitz goes down with an injury next season, do you want to hang your hat on Bad Bad Levi Brown or Bad Bad Brian Brohm? Seriously, we need to consider signing Vince Young as a backup QB.

I was thinking the same thing myself tonight. Bonus points if he can bring Bo Scaife with him.....

No interest in a trade for Kolb. Based on talent alone, Young seems worse a gamble, but his mental make up is what concerns me.

It seems that we will be looking for one of the available free agents on the scrap heap

Young

Alex Smith

Troy Smith

McNabb (if he gets cut)

not sre who else would be out there.

No interest in a trade for Kolb. Based on talent alone, Young seems worse a gamble, but his mental make up is what concerns me.

It seems that we will be looking for one of the available free agents on the scrap heap

Young

Alex Smith

Troy Smith

McNabb (if he gets cut)

I think he is pretty good.

I really fear the return the Eagles will want though and I dont think it is worth it, as opposed to Fitzpatrick, and maybe a good drafted QB next season.

I also really enjoy rooting for Fitzpatrick

Edited by May Day 10

I'm planning on Luck next April. ;)

I can't believe that your saying we should get Vince Young so that we don't draft Luck. Can you step out of the vehicle sir?

Young

Alex Smith

Troy Smith

McNabb (if he gets cut)

I say Alex Smith, I think Chan can do wonders for that kid, I was watching him play last year and didn't realize he had a gun. He still has upside never got good coaching in SF

I say Alex Smith, I think Chan can do wonders for that kid, I was watching him play last year and didn't realize he had a gun. He still has upside never got good coaching in SF

Somewhat agree. I think we can give up a low pick for either Alex Smith and or Troy Smith and their careers can be resurrected to decent backup status under Chan's tutelage. But only a man of Chan's skillz would be able to pull this off.

I tend to agree a bit...Young and Smith actually have similar Stats, though Young is clearly the better runner of the two and has a much better Won/Loss record over the past 2 Years...But I agree about the Coaching Smith has received...I am not a Singletary (as a HC) fan at all, and I would assume any QB would struggle under that guy regardless of the Offensive Staff...I just think Singletary was in WAY over his head...And I realize he's not an Offensive HC, but I think a HC and a Starting QB go hand in hand...You need a REAL strong HC when you're bringing along a young QB...And even then sometimes it does not work...Look at VY as an example of a young QB who failed under the best of NFL Coaches...

I should mention though that I've heard the Coaching argument brought up about Smith a few times and not everyone agrees...There are quite a few "experts" out there who feel he simply is an average QB...Nothing more... B-)

Who is going to be available as a backup free agent QB? Because we are going to need one.

Buddy pretty much said today we would probably get a Vet UFA AND maybe even an Undrafted FA...He said we would got to Camp with 4 QB's... B-)

Luck would great so no Vince. However we still won't be bad enough for Luck so it wouldn't be a bad idea as long as the price is right.

alex smith would be a great QB as a back up under Chan. I think its pretty clear Brohm just doesn't get it, but Smith has had some success in the league. He's an early round talent, who busted as a franchise savior. Anyone ever wonder how JP would do under Chan? Now that you are done laughing, I'm serious... cannon arm, good mobility, bad decision maker. Seems Chan might be able to work with that.

No

Well maybe I shouldn't be so hasty.....

.....so

No

Ok, Ok

Let's reflect a little here and look at it more seriously

No

No

No

:lol: Agreed, No. Not just because he's a headcase, he had a bad influence on the Titans lockeroom. Granted, he was bumpin' heads with HC, which always seem to split a lockeroom. If there's one thing the decade-long playoff drought doesn't need, it's a split lockeroom.

Seriously. No.

Somewhat agree. I think we can give up a low pick for either Alex Smith and or Troy Smith and their careers can be resurrected to decent backup status under Chan's tutelage. But only a man of Chan's skillz would be able to pull this off.

You don't have to give up anything for them, they are both FA's I believe

Vince Young isn't coming here, especially not to be a backup

The Bills need someone who can potentially become an upgrade to Fitzpatrick, not just someone to come in and take over if Fitz gets hurt to make sure we continue on the path to an 8-8 season

Edited by apuszczalowski

Y'know, I wouldn't be surprised if some team that seems to really, really need a QB (but didn't draft one) like...Washington....or 'Zona....would take a chance on Young.

There is absolutely nothing in his history or behavior which suggests he has what it takes to be a quality backup to anyone.

I think we need to sign a veteran backup, but has to be someone who is valuable as a backup, not a Dona who would cause trouble in the locker room by thinking they should be The Man which Young or someone like Alex Smith would likely be prone to do. Maybe Matt Moore, or Marc Bulgar. Seneca Wallace intrigues me (not kidding). Maybe Garrett would be available since Jacksonville took Gabbert?

The Bills need someone who can potentially become an upgrade to Fitzpatrick, not just someone to come in and take over if Fitz gets hurt to make sure we continue on the path to an 8-8 season

I think you have a run-on sentence here.

I would re-write it as "In the near future (like next year) the Bills need to draft someone who can potentially become an upgrade to Fitzpatrick.

This year, they need someone to come in and take over to make sure we don't get too embarrassed if Fitz gets hurt.

Brohm was dumped a couple of months ago. They will probably pick up a FA QB as second string...it won't be VY.

Brohm has been released ... he's down in Louisville coordinating University of Louisville parties.

I would like Alex Smith as a back-up. I would surely take Vince Young as a back-up although I doubt I would ever want him as a starter. I do think Chan could use him effectively in some short yardage or red zone packages. The guy from the list above I would love as a back-up is Dennis Dixon. What is his status? Anyone know?