Round 1 (Pick #3): DT Marcell Dareus - University of Alabama

SDS

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was in the fieldhouse telling my table Dareus was the best player available and is our biggest need and would be jumping up and down if he fell to us.

Carolina took Newton and I cheered loudly.

Denver took Miller and I got louder.

We of course took my man and I was in fact off my chair jumping up and down like a little kid.

I cannot believe it. Then they showed a clip of him knocking off two tackles and bringing down Cam Newton for a sack. I think everyone in their liked that :P

This is a real man and his comments seem great and he wasnt hesitating or crying like Miller was. This dude is ready to play today!

Can play 5-technique, 3-technique, and even the nose.

The Bills addressed their biggest weakness with the best run defender in the draft.

He'll be an immovable object AND an irresistible force on short-yardage.

And he'll be very disruptive on passing downs.

View him as a 5 tech, but a future nose, perhaps moving KW to 5 tech where he rightfully belongs.

Anyone who thinks Buddy doesnt know what this team needs? He is going to make a great GM

I love the pick (I think he was the best player in the draft) but come on - most of us could have made this pick and we know virtually nothing. I need to see some winning seasons before I start giving him that kind of praise.

Man I'm so happy!!! This kid is the real deal, great work ethic, great personality (fun loving dude), and just a beast of a football player that can play anthing on our line! Him and Kyle Williams will be fun to watch...No finishing last against the run this year!!! GO BILLS!!!!!

1. There is not much to say about Dareus. I will eat my own ca ca if he ends up being anything less than GREAT! Going into tonight, I was worried that Chix would get cute with the #3 pick, but I think this is proof positive that they are headed in the right direction. They realized that our biggest softs-spot was our weakness against the rush. So what did they do... They went ahead and and picked the BEST player in the draft to address this issue. MARCELL DAREUS, Welcome to B-lo

2. The Dareus pick is proof that RW is not in control of the Draftroom. I'm sure if he had his way, we'd be warming up to Gabbert right now.

3. Round 2, Buffalo goes for Kaepernick.... Not because Ralph wants a QB, but because Chix feels that he can become a baller in a few years with some tutelage from Fitzy.

4. I'm in Brazil and can't watch the draft. Supposedly ESPN was going to be filing inside the Bills War Room. Sounds interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they've shown so far?

GO BILLS! ! ! ! !

<edited>

The QB run has started. Four gone in the top 12…3 in the last 5 picks.

That's fine. I don't feel like the Bills have to draft a QB this year. I certainly don't want them to move back into the 1st round.

I'd like to see them go pass rusher at 34…a linebacker/tweener type…with good physicality.

Wow…Locker before Gabbert…and Christian Ponder. I'm still interested to see which QBs will be left at #34…

No tweeners and no projects. At #34 get a solid player that projects as a starter ---> ILB - OLB - TE - OT. All positions that need help right now.

No tweeners, no workout warriors, no what ifs .. just guys that play good football please.

1. There is not much to say about Dareus. I will eat my own ca ca if he ends up being anything less than GREAT! Going into tonight, I was worried that Chix would get cute with the #3 pick, but I think this is proof positive that they are headed in the right direction. They realized that our biggest softs-spot was our weakness against the rush. So what did they do... They went ahead and and picked the BEST player in the draft to address this issue. MARCELL DAREUS, Welcome to B-lo

2. The Dareus pick is proof that RW is not in control of the Draftroom. I'm sure if he had his way, we'd be warming up to Gabbert right now.

3. Round 2, Buffalo goes for Kaepernick.... Not because Ralph wants a QB, but because Chix feels that he can become a baller in a few years with some tutelage from Fitzy.

4. I'm in Brazil and can't watch the draft. Supposedly ESPN was going to be filing inside the Bills War Room. Sounds interesting. Anyone care to comment on what they've shown so far?

5. And Finally.... NeverGiveUp- You are awesome and your info is SPOT ON, but PLEASE- when it keeps to draft picks, remember that loose lips sink ships. I thinks it so cool that a person such as yourself (J.K.?), with intimate knowledge of the happenings at OBD takes the time to converse with fans, but I fear that it could get us into trouble some day. I wouldn't put it past Bellicheat and his minons to scour message boards for people such as yourself- people with access to and NFL team's front office. Your opinions and thoughts are ALWAYS WELCOME, and I certainly enjoy your posts, but PLEASE don't talk about draft picks next year! Some of you may think I'm being an ass, but serious, I want whats best for our team..... I want to win a SB!

GO BILLS! ! ! ! !

At the risk if sounding like a jerk I also agree. Take it as a compliment that your insider info is spot on. Its not hard to imagine any nfl team locking on to someone being correct multiple times. If the pats had an 'Ngu' it'd be pretty dissappointing to learn we didn't take a look into it. Go bills im psyched!!!!!!

No tweeners and no projects. At #34 get a solid player that projects as a starter ---> ILB - OLB - TE - OT. All positions that need help right now.

No tweeners, no workout warriors, no what ifs .. just guys that play good football please.

I'm specifically talking about Jabaal Sheard or Brooks Reed. But it's still early yet…lots of good players on the board still.