Steve Johnson Should Not Blame God

NaPolian8693

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

new tweets up

# I can continue but ill leave it at that! N THANKS AGAIN! Oh Yea And S/O To the Bills Fans That Bash Bills Players! Real Talk Its Still Luv!! 40 minutes ago via twidroid

# I PLAY W/PASSION AND EMOTION! I HURT WEN I DNT MAKE A PLAY BKUZ iKNO THAT'S WHA MY TEAM,FAM,N MY CITIES WANT TO SEE! N THAS A WINs N PLAYS! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# S/O To My Real Friends And Fanollowers! Also Major S/O To Them Bills Fans! I Don't Play For Myself and AnyOne who know ME knows That! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# Spoke To Friends Fam Teammates and Most Importantly I Spoke With My Wife. I Honestly Believe Evrything Happens For A Reason! Everything! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# So Before Yall..well I'm pretty sure you've awready judged me. I hope you guys look n the mirror. I dnt blame u 4 being mad @ my gm I WAS 2! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# And No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why? Jus Like yal did wen sumthin went wrong n ur life! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# I learned A lot Within 24hrs. Saw Both Sides.(Ups&Dwns) I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday iWldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

new tweets up

# I can continue but ill leave it at that! N THANKS AGAIN! Oh Yea And S/O To the Bills Fans That Bash Bills Players! Real Talk Its Still Luv!! 40 minutes ago via twidroid

# I PLAY W/PASSION AND EMOTION! I HURT WEN I DNT MAKE A PLAY BKUZ iKNO THAT'S WHA MY TEAM,FAM,N MY CITIES WANT TO SEE! N THAS A WINs N PLAYS! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# S/O To My Real Friends And Fanollowers! Also Major S/O To Them Bills Fans! I Don't Play For Myself and AnyOne who know ME knows That! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# Spoke To Friends Fam Teammates and Most Importantly I Spoke With My Wife. I Honestly Believe Evrything Happens For A Reason! Everything! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# So Before Yall..well I'm pretty sure you've awready judged me. I hope you guys look n the mirror. I dnt blame u 4 being mad @ my gm I WAS 2! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# And No I Did Not Blame God People! Seriously??!? CMon! I Simply Cried Out And Asked Why? Jus Like yal did wen sumthin went wrong n ur life! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

# I learned A lot Within 24hrs. Saw Both Sides.(Ups&Dwns) I AM HAPPY & THANKFUL 4 YESTERDAY! w/out Sunday iWldnt have grew closer w/The Lord!! about 1 hour ago via twidroid

He's bilingual. Impressive.

Wish I knew what language this is, though.

Whatever. His relationship with God is for him to decide. I know that I've had something terrible happen to me and I questioned my relationship with God at the time. When you are frustrated and sometimes says things that you don't really mean.

The guy plays with emotion and fire. He cares probably too much. It's just funny that a lot of you are bashing Johnson are probably the same ones bashing Jauron for his lack of emotion.

I really like everything about Steve and if he bounces back from this, it might be the best thing for his career. You can't take things for guaranteed. Plus, I'd rather have him drop that pass for a 2-9 team than when we are actually in a playoff hunt.

People are making fun of religion in the shoutbox now. It's really quite crass.

My personal beliefs are in atheism. However, to paint with such a broad brush as to categorize the BILLIONS that practice organized religion as "stupid" or "clueless" is really quite narrow-minded and immature.

A true atheist is respectful of other's beliefs, and does not make fun of religion. Such crass behavior allows religious folk to easily dismiss you and tune you out.

Interestingly, many of these folks who mock people who practice organized religion are probably the first ones to complain the minute someone mentions that Muslims attacked us on 9/11 because, y'know, it's not fair to criticize a whole group of people just because a few of them are crazy.

Welcome to America. Please be tolerant of everyone...except ourselves.

Which God would that be? I list the major religions of the world below and the number of followers. Seems there is a little bit of disagreement over who is God. Ironically, the one that makes the most sense is not even listed. Deism.

Stevie needs to face the fact that he dropped the ball. End of story--it would be different if he had made a bad choice to end up dropping a pass--he did'nt--he beat his man. Get over it, and get back to work.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have someone else to blame for all of my problems.

# Christianity: 2.1 billion

# Islam: 1.5 billion

# Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

# Hinduism: 900 million

# Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

# Buddhism: 376 million

# primal-indigenous: 300 million

# African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

# Sikhism: 23 million

# Juche: 19 million

# Spiritism: 15 million

# Judaism: 14 million

# Baha'i: 7 million

# Jainism: 4.2 million

# Shinto: 4 million

# Cao Dai: 4 million

# Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

# Tenrikyo: 2 million

# Neo-Paganism: 1 million

# Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

# Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

# Scientology: 500 thousand

Wow 14 million Jews,.... A lot of power

new tweets up

Wow, someone needs to take this kids phone away.

Gailey needs to talk to him about being a man. Stop the twitter nonsense.

Perhaps he was thinking about his endzone celebration, his postgame press conference, and the media frenzy that would surround his rising star - and he didn't maintain intense concentration as a result.

Ha ha ha... that's RIDICULOUS! ;) It makes it sound like you've never played competitive ball before...

"The gloves are off, God." "God has taken my bird and my bush." "God is a mean kid with a magnifying glass." "Smite me, O mighty smiter!"

Now, I'm not much for blaspheming, but that last one made me laugh.

... Morgan Freeman dammit!! I knew that film was gonna come back and take an even bigger bite out of Buffalo's ass! :devil:

Wow, someone needs to take this kids phone away.

Gailey needs to talk to him about being a man. Stop the twitter nonsense.

Maybe send him to an english class too. Sounds like if someone doesn't get in this kids head, he is going to self destruct before he gets his career going. Gotta have tougher skin than that, especially if you are going to try to be a media celebrity after a good game, you gotta expect to be torn apart when you lose a game for your team. I really like him, but Stevie needs to grow up or he won't last long.

'come on guys...

why so serious about his tweet???

7 catches for 68 yards, no td's and 5 drops (including the game winner that was a perfect pass)...um.

if i was him i would have shut my phone off and kept my mouth shut.

maybe he was just trying to protect our #1 draft pick... although i am still not convinced that we won't end up trading our first pick for a dozen wings and a pitcher of Labatt....

Anyone who doesnt believe in God should know that he still believes in you none the less.

There was a story about a man who was on his roof during a flood when the police, the fire-boats, and the national guard helicopter came to help him, but he said, "No thanks, God will save me." But the guy died and God said, what are you doing here? I sent the police, the fire-boats, and the national guard helicopter.

I don't really have a point other than during the press conference God told Warrow that Johnson was open.

This isn't Space Daddy's fault any more than a game-winning TD is His work.

If God cares about football games with all the horrible crises in this world, I'm not all that enthusiastic about spending time with Him.

Stevie, I like your game. But try to think about the fact that you don't have cholera in Haiti now, for example, and you might feel better about costing the Bills a g-d football game.

I don't really have a point other than during the press conference God told Warrow that Johnson was open.

Thought I saw a member of the press talking to himself in the corner during the post-game... one man's paranoid schizophrenic is another man's prophet, I guess... though I could have sworn it was Sully and not JW. :devil:

I don't know if this was Stevie's intention (I think not), but man this has got some run today - it is on PTI, every sports radio show, but even on just about every non sports site I clicked on - cnn, aol, etc.

This really moved the needle.

It's about time someone started blaming God for something instead of crediting the eye in the sky for a successful long field goal. In the old testament, God mostly doled out violent punishment to the wicked, and did it a lot. Johnson seems to be the one NFL player who might be aware of this.

Stevie's motto: "Why so serious?"

The laughs keep on coming. Last week with him, this week at him.

Short term, it sucks. Long term, it could be the best thing that ever happened to him. Hopefully he reacts to it the right way.