Steve Johnson Should Not Blame God

NaPolian8693

From his Twitter:

I PRAISE YOU 24/7!!!!!! AND THIS HOW YOU DO ME!!!!! YOU EXPECT ME TO LEARN FROM THIS??? HOW???!!! ILL NEVER FORGET THIS!! EVER!!! THX THO...

He really should accept the responsibility solely on his shoulders, and not blame God. Also, he should probably leave God out of this entirely. Some religious people may find that Tweet offensive.

Mods I know there is another thread about this but it has a subject line that is kinda misleading

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From his Twitter:

He really should accept the responsibility solely on his shoulders, and not blame God. Also, he should probably leave God out of this entirely. Some religious people may find that Tweet offensive.

Mods I know there is another thread about this but it has a subject line that is kinda misleading

Anyone who would find a tweet about a fictional character offensive should have their head examined.

I think blaming God for the drop is awesome! It made my day, after a tough loss...just another reason to dig Steve Johnson...

btw- at the bar today, it was kind of weird/creepy hearing a bunch "kids of all ages" yelling at "Stevie" throughout the game...this "Stevie" thing has got to stop...it works in hockey, 'cuz it is Canadian... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

As for religious people possibly finding it offensive...boo hoo! Never hear any of them get offended when athletes praise the God, for letting them win a big game, or make a big play. If the big man and his followers want to accept the praise, they gotta take the criticism...this NFL is a tough business, nobody is above reproach.

Considering the fact that he never specifically names anyone or any particular entity, I'd say we cant assume he's blaming God.

Allah?

Edited by Buftex

I think blaming God for the drop is awesome! It made my day, after a tough loss...just another reason to dig Steve Johnson...

btw- at the bar today, it was kind of weird/creepy hearing a bunch "kids of all ages" yelling at "Stevie" throughout the game...this "Stevie" thing has got to stop...it works in hockey, 'cuz it is Canadian... :rolleyes::thumbsup:

As for religious people possibly finding it offensive...boo hoo! Never hear any of them get offended when athletes praise the God, for letting them win a big game, or make a big play. If the big man and his followers want to accept the praise, they gotta take the criticism...this NFL is a tough business, nobody is above reproach.

Allah?

+1

From his Twitter:

He just needs to learn to watch his tweeting. He'll get it - two lessons for the price of one.

I think we all have initial blame-shifting thoughts when something bad goes down. Usually they're fleeting and we quickly put the blame where it belongs

Twitter helps us immortalize every gaffe and share them with a couple million of our closest friends

I'm sure Levi will help put him straight.

Don't tweet and drop, Stevie.

From his Twitter:

Lighten up.

Just shows how emotional he is about this game.

The guy's entertaining.

Looks like God wants him learn responsibility, respect and humility.

Which God would that be? I list the major religions of the world below and the number of followers. Seems there is a little bit of disagreement over who is God. Ironically, the one that makes the most sense is not even listed. Deism.

Stevie needs to face the fact that he dropped the ball. End of story--it would be different if he had made a bad choice to end up dropping a pass--he did'nt--he beat his man. Get over it, and get back to work.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have someone else to blame for all of my problems.

# Christianity: 2.1 billion

# Islam: 1.5 billion

# Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

# Hinduism: 900 million

# Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

# Buddhism: 376 million

# primal-indigenous: 300 million

# African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

# Sikhism: 23 million

# Juche: 19 million

# Spiritism: 15 million

# Judaism: 14 million

# Baha'i: 7 million

# Jainism: 4.2 million

# Shinto: 4 million

# Cao Dai: 4 million

# Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

# Tenrikyo: 2 million

# Neo-Paganism: 1 million

# Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

# Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

# Scientology: 500 thousand

Edited by Show Me The Baby

Which God would that be? I list the major religions of the world below and the number of followers. Seems there is a little bit of disagreement over who is God. Ironically, the one that makes the most sense is not even listed. Deism.

Stevie needs to face the fact that he dropped the ball. End of story--it would be different if he had made a bad choice to end up dropping a pass--he did'nt--he beat his man. Get over it, and get back to work.

Personally, I think it would be nice to have someone else to blame for all of my problems.

# Christianity: 2.1 billion

# Islam: 1.5 billion

# Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: 1.1 billion

# Hinduism: 900 million

# Chinese traditional religion: 394 million

# Buddhism: 376 million

# primal-indigenous: 300 million

# African Traditional & Diasporic: 100 million

# Sikhism: 23 million

# Juche: 19 million

# Spiritism: 15 million

# Judaism: 14 million

# Baha'i: 7 million

# Jainism: 4.2 million

# Shinto: 4 million

# Cao Dai: 4 million

# Zoroastrianism: 2.6 million

# Tenrikyo: 2 million

# Neo-Paganism: 1 million

# Unitarian-Universalism: 800 thousand

# Rastafarianism: 600 thousand

# Scientology: 500 thousand

wrt Deism, best you can say is the play was an "intelligent design."

Looks like God wants him learn responsibility, respect and humility.

Well, Ryan Clark said it was a perfect route that got him beat, so responsibility, check.

Respect, listen to any interview the guy has given and the way he speaks of others, check.

And humility, yeah I'd say he's got this covered too. Listen to his post-game interviews.

Has it been this long since we've had an honest-to-god (oops) entertaining star here in Buffalo that we don't know how to react? Every little thing is under the microscope here. :wallbash:

Stevie is an emotional guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. There's not a person on Earth who hasn't said something similar out of frustration so anyone bashing him for this really needs to do some self-reflection and get a clue.

This actually explains the drop more clearly. The extra weight of having his heart on his sleeve probably through his arm off when he was trying to make the catch. I say the Bills equipment guy's head should roll on this one!

He clearly says thanks tho at the end of the tweet... not to compare the two because they're not even close... jesus questions god while on the cross. And come on no one in their living room said any variation of "oh my god! Why!" I know I did and one of my friends responded cause your a bills fan that's why!

From his Twitter:

It's called freedom of speech! I am so sick of reading these threads where you, or someone you know, or someone else may get offended by what someone said...seems like he's thinking aloud and posting his convo w/God.

It's called freedom of speech! I am so sick of reading these threads where you, or someone you know, or someone else may get offended by what someone said...seems like he's thinking aloud and posting his convo w/God.

Not to nitpick, but its actually NOT called "freedom of speech" as defined by Article I.

Carry on.

He clearly says thanks tho at the end of the tweet... not to compare the two because they're not even close... jesus questions god while on the cross. And come on no one in their living room said any variation of "oh my god! Why!" I know I did and one of my friends responded cause your a bills fan that's why!

That actually makes a lot more sense...and I believe you...but it was funner when I thought he was blaming God!

From his Twitter:

God is always thanked when people win so why not be mad at him when you dont.

This situation is all in the days paper, on yahoo in front of the passing of Leslie Nelson RIP. I feel bad for SJ! Let's just pray he doesn't let this situation send him into a complete meltdown.. He is seemingly taking this thing deep to the heart. It may seem like a joke to many, but I pray to the higher power that the kid be ok for him and his family sake.. And tho this is his job we all make mistake at our own.. God bless him and his family.

I think it was awesome.

I mean, if you are gonna thank God when you catch the TD, you should feel free to light him up when you drop it. :nana:

HA! this was my argument/defense yesterday as well. I bet the Steelers were thanking god for the win, so it must be god's fault that Stevie dropped it! :thumbsup:

also, i didnt really read that as Stevie "blaming" god for the drop, as much as questioning god for putting him on that path. i believe questioning god in times of strife is something a LOT of people are guilty of. no big deal here. only bored people making it into a big deal.

also, where are the mods to close these re-re-repeated threads?