Is Nix going to get Merriman back on Roids?

DarthICE

Because after the league busted his ass and got him off roids, he has sucked.

And I love how Adam S says Merriman will 'accept' going to Buffalo for this season. Merriman will hit FA and be outta here come the offseason

Per PFT:

Many assume that Merriman hasn't been the same since serving a four-game suspension in 2006 for violating the steroids policy. But that's not accurate. He had 8.5 sacks in five games after returning from suspension. In 2007, he racked up 12.5 sacks in 15 games.

The problem came in 2008, when Merriman played in only one game with a damaged PCL. Last year, as he fought to come back from the lost season, he had no sacks in 14 games, and a total of four sacks in two of them.

And I love how Adam S says Merriman will 'accept' going to Buffalo for this season. Merriman will hit FA and be outta here come the offseason

Your wrong...after the leauge "busted his ass and got him off roids" he had 16.5 sacks in 2006 and 12.5 in 2007. In 2008 and 2009 he was injured for all or parts of the year. I am going to go on a limb and say not steroid related because of the 2 stellar season he had after his suspension.

OK.... But, in a Bills uni, Merriman is clearly the best LB on the team. And, there ain't no LB on the Bills roster that is even a close second to him.

Another upside to the Bills claiming Merriman... the Cornell Green experiment is officially "OVUH"!!!

In 2006 had 8.5 sacks and 1.0 in the playoffs after coming back from suspension week 13. In 2007 had 12.5 sacks. Bottom line is Bills lose nothing, and likely gain a compensitory pick if he does move on after the season.

Your wrong...after the leauge "busted his ass and got him off roids" he had 16.5 sacks in 2006 and 12.5 in 2007. In 2008 and 2009 he was injured for all or parts of the year. I am going to go on a limb and say not steroid related because of the 2 stellar season he had after his suspension.

Well you do know that PED's don't just instantly leave your system the second you stop taking them. and its a fact that his stats have been declining since being caught and he has just continually become more injury prone

Well you do know that PED's don't just instantly leave your system the second you stop taking them. and its a fact that his stats have been declining since being caught and he has just continually become more injury prone

Bingo. Where do fans think these injuries all of a sudden come from? It doesn't matter he is a 'name' so fans are busy drinking the koolaid

OK.... But, in a Bills uni, Merriman is clearly the best LB on the team. And, there ain't no LB on the Bills roster that is even a close second to him.

Another upside to the Bills claiming Merriman... the Cornell Green experiment is officially "OVUH"!!!

Yeah we replaced 3 guys rated a '2' for a guy rated a '4'. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.

Why do people assume he isn't on PED's anymore? PED's are fueling the NFL, they don't WANT to catch players using. Just because he is tested more doesn't mean he hasn't been taking them.

If they really STOPPED everyone from using them it would skew the league standings. High paid guys would come back down to earth, old guys would play their age, and some of the best teams might suddenly be at the lowest rung. Owners have the most to lose (especially in baseball, where without a salary cap a team like the Yankees could suddenly find themselves with a giant payroll and average players).

Well, bring on the Merriman Soap Opera, it will be more dramatic than Terrell Owens.

The year after -- 12 months removed -- 12.5 sacks.

Since then, 2 injuries. I bet lots of non-roided guys have consecutive injuries. Hell, who among our LBs has stayed healthier as of late?

Also, just like roids take time to clear, injuries take time to heal. I really don't see how anyone can say "declining stats" -- yea stats decline when you are hurt.

Time will tell on this one.

Edited by NoSaint

Bingo. Where do fans think these injuries all of a sudden come from? It doesn't matter he is a 'name' so fans are busy drinking the koolaid

Yeah we replaced 3 guys rated a '2' for a guy rated a '4'. Lipstick on a pig is still a pig.

Lipstick on a pig is still a pig! Wow lol funny thread as well..

Not uninformed, the guy isn't that good anymore

I think the point is that you misidentified the cause of his decline.

Bear in mind that I'm not a big fan of the signing, but steroids do NOT prevent injuries. In fact, they tend to produce more minor muscle tears that can transform into big ones. That's why they also take HGH - it heals muscle tears.

I don't get it. From where I sit, there is no downside to acquiring Merriman. Suckith or not suckith.

Let's get real, the Bills LBs suck. Every damn one of them. Merriman is better than any of them, even if one of his legs were amputated. So, if Merriman sucks, so what? The D is no worse than it is now. Nothing ventured, nothing gained. And, what if he stands out and gives the Bills a lift? 8 weeks into the season your only chance at improving the team is getting better with the players you have or getting players that are better than what the Bills have now. And I would consider Merriman the later.

There aren't any expectations for the last two pickups, Urbick and Wrotto. They've not really given the Bills any measurable production. There will be expectations with Merriman. The Bills are paying him close to $2m over the rest of the season and he is also auditioning for either the Bills or his next team... and who is to say it will not be the Bills?

They also dont stay in your system for over a year

Edited by Thoner7

Haven't we learned yet that anything Darth says is completely unapplicable and illogical. Darth's new username should be "erroneous" :blink:

They also dont stay in your system for over a year

Missing the point he's trying to make yet again. The roids will increase your muscle mass at the cost of your tendons and other connective tissue. Merriman's joints weren't ready for the incredible strength he put on and he's been paying for it ever since.

Missing the point he's trying to make yet again. The roids will increase your muscle mass at the cost of your tendons and other connective tissue. Merriman's joints weren't ready for the incredible strength he put on and he's been paying for it ever since.

See: Boston, David.

A living testament to the point you are making.

GO BILLS!!!

Merriman is going to be here for the rest of this season and I think he will come back for next season as well. I see him struggling to come back from injury over the next 8 games he plays but flashing his old form with 2-3 sacks. He gets brought back on a 1 year deal next year as a tryout gets 8-10 sacks and leaves town.

Its not a given he is one and done as he might not have enough time coming off injury to show the rest of the league he is back. The Bills will give him a full season tryout next year as he is going to be closer to full form a year removed from injury.

Its possible if he goes gang busters and gets 6 sacks with the Bills he leaves but I just don't see him tearing it up so soon.

Whoa! Where have all the Poz guys gone? No one is even close to Merriman 2010 (not 2007)??

Why cant you give this guy a chance before you say that he sucks? He is only on this team for the rest of the year so who cares. He cant be worse then the lbs on our team.

Maybe they're going on what the staff in SD said.

Anyway, this could be interesting/entertaining. He could be the passionate football player that we don't have. This team could use some roid rage!

1. No one does 'roids any more that is soooo 1995, its 2010. You want HGH. That is the good stuff.

2. If you're handing out HGH, don't stop at Merriman, get Maybi and Poz lined up, lord knows Poz needs some help recovering from injuries who knows the next time his glass bones are gonna shatter. Plus Freddie Jackson has got to be getting up there, those sore knees can use some HGH. Then you have the O-Line, Wood and Bell could use some for sure. Then maybe you can take the rest of the HGH and grow a RT with it.

3. :doh:

Lipstick on a pig is still lipstick, I'm pretty sure.

Seriously, how have the mods even allowed this thread to stay open...its an embarrasment to Bills fans and a very poor welcoming to the newest member of our team...

Great example you are setting there Darth...you always find a way to out due the heights of childish stupidity you strive so much to achieve...congrats on being being the best at something...

In honor of the movie The Hangover: "You literally are too stupid to insult"...this is where you say "thank you"

Has there ever been official information released about the substance he got caught with? There is a huge list of banned substances in the NFL that most people that workout frequently take.

Plus, Darth has sunken to a whole new low these past few weeks. I feel dumber every time I read a post of his...