Waiver Wire Loss !!

T master

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE THE 49ers!!! They're just a bit shittier than we are and are able to get the LB's we want/need just ahead of us!!! Remember Patrick Willis? Damn, how much different could our D look with him in there?

Do we know for sure the Bills had top priority? I keep seeing posts that its last year's record they go by?

PTR

I googled his name and it said the 49ers picked him up off waivers --- i'm just posting what i read !!!

Do we know for sure the Bills had top priority? I keep seeing posts that its last year's record they go by?

PTR

Bills had 1st crack at him. It only goes by last years record until the trade deadline. They didnt put in a claim for him, or he would be wearing red white and blue. like another poster said, I wonder why he was cut. You would think whaley would be able to get some inside info. Maybe he is a 4th rd version of Maybin

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/49ers-claim-thaddeus-gibson-off-waivers/

Apparently we didn't even try to make a play for him??

This pretty hard to swallow considering would have been him instead of McCargo. I have no idea who this guy is, but if he was even on the Stillers practice squad as a LB, he prolly better than what we have.

Here's what da paper said:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099868-100.stm

Highlight: Only the Eagles and the Niners submitted claims.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10305/1099796-66.stm

Highlight: "Linebacker is our deepest position," said coach Mike Tomlin on the team's website, "and [Gibson] is the low man on the totem pole, so we had to make that necessary move. We were thin at defensive line. It's just one of the casualties of this profession. It's very much a reality, and that's why we don't take what we're doing here for granted and we acknowledge that it's precious."

Did the Bills make any other Waiver transactions during the year? If so, they may have dropped back to the end of the line, unless it continually updates each week.

No the are first in line until they are no longer the worst team in the league. They can claim every person who is on waivers. Someone better get an answer from Buddy why this guy could not help us.

PTR

i think your right (not 100% sure)about it going by last years records, if thats the case it put us at #9 and san fran was #13 which in theory gave us a shot at him. (san fran claimed him by the way)....so we did :censored: this up!!!!!!

whats up with gailey saying "we are always looking for ways to way to improve this team?"

Edited by DUFF

The front office has taken the year off when it comes to building the team.

They have done this under the guise of saying you build through the draft.

Well you build through the draft as well as free agency. When people are available that fits your need, you go after them.

Nix is looking extremely over his head when it comes to building a team.

I expect nothing will be done in the offseason outside of the draft, who can trust these guys to draft the right players.

Edited by VADC Bills

Don't worry guys. If you are bummed about The Bills not getting Thad Gibson, just wait. The Jets will cut Vernon Gholston after the season. Really, other than the differences in their salaries, there ain't a dime's difference between the two.

And how much time was it you spent scouting him? Did you even hear of him before today?

I'm not saying the guy is going to come in and completely revamp our defense. All I'm saying is that with how bad our LB's have played this season that it couldn't hurt to see what someone else could do for us. Who knows, we might get lucky.

Is our linebacker corpse so good that we should ignore any opportunity to try and pick up young talent with upside?

Ha ha... you didn't even mean to make a funny, but yet you did... ;)

I know that this board wants the Bills to grab every player available, but since we have Whaley and still decided not to grab him, maybe he's not all that. I know it's not fashionable to defend the FO, but if only San Fran and Philly put in a claim, we may not be looking at the next Ray Lewis here.

Is our linebacker corpse so good that we should ignore any opportunity to try and pick up young talent with upside?

Oh, wow, was that deliberate or the best-ever Freudian slip perfect for Halloween? :thumbsup::devil::thumbsup:

I don't like to pick spelling or grammar nits, "corpse" is just the perfect Halloween-tide description of our linebacker corps.

Linebacker corpse, gotta love it!

Oh, wow, was that deliberate or the best-ever Freudian slip perfect for Halloween? :thumbsup::devil::thumbsup:

I don't like to pick spelling or grammar nits, "corpse" is just the perfect Halloween-tide description of our linebacker corps.

Linebacker corpse, gotta love it!

Lol. Ya' know, I saw what I had said after it was submitted and figured it was just too fitting to change. :flirt:

Did you say corpse? Well at linebacker on this team you might not be far off.

I see it was brought up already. That's what I get for not continuing on down the posts.

Edited by wnyguy

How many rookie NCAA DEs (Gibson was a DE in college not a LB) are the Bills going to transition to OLB in one season? Why is the only possible explanation for the Bills to not claim him that they were "asleep at the wheel" and "not paying attention"? Do the Bills need to sign every single player that is put on waivers? Have they not established that they are constantly tinkering with the roster by cutting, trading, and signing multiple players nearly every week?

For the record, Doug Whaley did not work for the Steelers when the 2nd Coming of LT, All-Pro Hall of Fame NFL veteran linebacker Thaddeus Gibson was drafted. It's possible he scouted him last year, but he was hired by the Bills in early February. I would have liked the Bills to claim Gibson, but the fact that they did not means absolutely nothing.

Just like Joique Bell being plucked off the practice squad by Philadelphia. Boy, he sure has ripped up the league since he joined the Eagles! What a senile old coot that Nix is! If only that skinflint Ralph would spend money on caffeinated coffee and alarm clocks!

How many rookie NCAA DEs (Gibson was a DE in college not a LB) are the Bills going to transition to OLB in one season? Why is the only possible explanation for the Bills to not claim him that they were "asleep at the wheel" and "not paying attention"? Do the Bills need to sign every single player that is put on waivers? Have they not established that they are constantly tinkering with the roster by cutting, trading, and signing multiple players nearly every week?

For the record, Doug Whaley did not work for the Steelers when the 2nd Coming of LT, All-Pro Hall of Fame NFL veteran linebacker Thaddeus Gibson was drafted. It's possible he scouted him last year, but he was hired by the Bills in early February. I would have liked the Bills to claim Gibson, but the fact that they did not means absolutely nothing.

Just like Joique Bell being plucked off the practice squad by Philadelphia. Boy, he sure has ripped up the league since he joined the Eagles! What a senile old coot that Nix is! If only that skinflint Ralph would spend money on caffeinated coffee and alarm clocks!

haha, fantastic post.