Kelsay extended

Coach Tuesday

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? An extension to a 31 year old LB/DE/Whatever that couldn't cover me. Everyone says the Bills are cheap yet they throw away money on garbage. Maybe that's why they are cheap not to mention clueless and just a pathetic disgrace to the city and especially to the fans. We deserve better than this crap.

The Bills were just trying to avoid all of the fan outrage from a situation like the Sabres when they lost both Drury & Briere. The Bills 'lost' Edwards so they thought they needed to keep Kelsay.

(Oh great - just as I'm finishing typing this - Mike Schopp starts saying the same thing. Help! I've become as cynical as Schopp!)

Edited by nobody

I challenge all of you: Identify the Bills LB better than Kelsay.

(crickets)

You can't replace all the LBs next year. It's not possible. Might as well sign the most reliable one, even if he isn't that good.

If the contract is backloaded (likely), he won't be here at the end to collect the big money.

1) Poz

2) Davis

3) Mitchell

All three are better than Kelsay as a LB. I think you could even make an argument that Ellis and Torbor are better LB's than Kelsay. Hell I think Danny Batten is probably a better LB than Kelsay. I like what I have seen out of the front office so far, but I don't get this move at all. Hopefully, they know more than we do.

Edited by tonyd19

good. im glad hes gonna be around for a while longer

too bad we couldnt see him another season at de after having his best season be his last at the position. hes missed some assignments as a lb but hes also made some plays. tbh im not convinced he can make the transition to a high level but im also not convinced he cant so ill leave that up to the football guys that see him every day

last season i gave him the phil hansen award for reliable white guy of the team award. yes i said award twice, its a white thing. after seeing him elevate his game last season im hoping we can watch him do the same in this position

chuddy apparently thinks he can. lets watch

Paying Kelsay 6 million a season over the next four years makes no sense at all. What has he done to earn this extension? The guys SUCKS as a LB! He wouldn't smell the starting lineup on the other 31 teams in the league.

Maybin will probably be next to sign an extension... LOL! How friggin SAD!!!!!!!!!!!

i'll be in the rockpile holding one that reads "$24 mil? Ralph - kelSAY IT AIN'T SO!"

Don't place your sign on one of the walls around the field: the team has banned signs there.

Maybe they're going TD and banning fan contempt for the organization. It'll get a lot worse too.

I would say over half of the fan base thought Kelsay was going to get cut. He didn't and that was a surprise to most.

Then we found out he was starting. Most of us were shocked.

Then we've seen him play. He's been horrible.

How does it add up to him getting an extension? There are no words to describe this.

** This man shouldn't have made the final roster, and he's going to be a major part of our future. **

This is quite possibly the most idiotic move the front office has made in the 20+ years I've been watching this team, and there have been many. It's just unbelievable that they keep outdoing themselves. Are they purposely trying to alienate the fanbase? What's next? Ralph using that t-shirt cannon to launch his dirty depends diapers into the stands this Sunday?

The Bills really are the laughing stock of the NFL.

I think what everyone is missing is the real issue here. Now that we've successfully extended Kelsay, we need to quickly extend Nix as all these great moves mean he's going to be in high demand when his contract is up two years from now. I say a reasonable amount to pay him would be $49,000,000 per season.

I can take a lot, but Kelsay's signing is infuriating. Have the Bills reached the point as an organization where the only hope we have for a great transaction is when it's printed in the obituaries?

Edited by DC Grid

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Kelsay-signs-extension/58e36ec8-e282-44e4-b9aa-aac4db2f1c8c

Seriously, how does ANYONE defend this organization? I mean, ANYONE? I know there are some real homers on this Board, but even you two (you know who you are) have to be coming around by now, no?

........................................................... :bag:

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Kelsay-signs-extension/58e36ec8-e282-44e4-b9aa-aac4db2f1c8c

Seriously, how does ANYONE defend this organization? I mean, ANYONE? I know there are some real homers on this Board, but even you two (you know who you are) have to be coming around by now, no?

I just heard about this now. I don't even know what to say. They are making impossible to respect anything they do. They are also making it hard to like them period.

Un-fuggin-real.

Ok, anybody going to argue that cutting Edwards and the remaining $1.3 million of real money, and extending Kelsay within 24 hrs with probably $10 million of real money are not related?

Let's discuss that well run organization thing again, shall we?

So "football man" Buddy Nix has given us the unispiring hiring of Chan Gailey, brought in Dwan(fine), Cornell Green(yikes), had a draft where we have 2 guys contributing one of which just barely(Troupe), didnt address our 2 biggest needs, and now Kelsay is extended at 6 million a year. Yeah this is gonna completely different than our other rebuilds-NOT!