Levi Brown signed

K Gun Special

If Nix/Gaily did not think Levi Brown was good enough to keep on the practice squad, why do they suddenly think he is good enough to put on the active roster?

Weren't there better options out there on other teams' practice squads or free agents? Troy Smith is a name that intrigues me, but there must have been other options too.

I'm still having a tough time figuring out the thinking of Nix and Chan. Very confused and frustrated with this organization.

Yeah, I think we should all spend the rest of the day beating up the Front Office and each other about the handling of Levi Brown because the feelings of the third string or practice squad QB is the biggest single issue facing this team now and hereafter for all time to come.

The call wasn't awkward at all. "Levi, we told you we only need three QB's. There's an opening at #3. Do you want it or not?"

That had to be one helluva awkward phone call.

"Yeah, yeah we know....that we cut you, didn't sign you to the practice squad, and all but forgot about you...but we'd *love* to have you back. What do you say?"

i bet he said "HELL YEA !!..tyty"....and now he needs to work his butt off so he can stay and cash a nice check.

If Nix/Gaily did not think Levi Brown was good enough to keep on the practice squad, why do they suddenly think he is good enough to put on the active roster?

Weren't there better options out there on other teams' practice squads or free agents? Troy Smith is a name that intrigues me, but there must have been other options too.

I'm still having a tough time figuring out the thinking of Nix and Chan. Very confused and frustrated with this organization.

He knows the system. Knows the personnel and can run the scout team. That's all he's there for. Will not be here next year.

Troy Smith was signed by the 49ers.

As for Brown, running the scout team in practice would take away reps that (from what i gather)Gailey wanted Brohm to have. they probably wanted players at different positions on the PS as well. They wanted Brown back because he knows the system and went through an entire offseason/camp with us.

Huh? I looked at that link. I didn't see anything about that. A text search for "Levi" only turned up: "Chan Gailey said the team is still looking at options regarding a 3rd QB. Levi Brown will be considered."

Levi was just signed.......3rd string QB.......google Buff Bills...right on 1st page

That had to be one helluva awkward phone call.

"Yeah, yeah we know....that we cut you, didn't sign you to the practice squad, and all but forgot about you...but we'd *love* to have you back. What do you say?"

I think it was more like..."You want a paycheck or not, Levi?"

PTR

I m !@#$in done. What bs. They can't find one other god dam player better than levi !@#$in brown to help this team????? Total bush league. The NFL should seize control of this franchise. Seriously any other corp would have a vote of no confidence and put the corp in a third party's control.

Let me know what happens with the draft.

I m !@#$in done. What bs. They can't find one other god dam player better than levi !@#$in brown to help this team????? Total bush league. The NFL should seize control of this franchise. Seriously any other corp would have a vote of no confidence and put the corp in a third party's control.

Let me know what happens with the draft.

Who was out there that was better? Seriously. How many pro bowl QBs are hanging around right now?

PTR

Why all the criticism? Brown was one of the last cuts, and the Bills knew that no other NFL team would be interested in picking him up and adding him to their 53 man roster at that point. (Remember all the silly paranoia around here that the Bills shouldn't "risk" letting him pass through waivers to add him to the PS?) The only real threat was that some other team would sign him to THEIR practice squad, which just meant that the Bills would be able to sign sign him to the active roster if they ever wanted to (like they did with Brohm and Meredith last year).

Who was out there that was better? Seriously. How many pro bowl QBs are hanging around right now?

PTR

Edwards is better .. oh wait.

If all they wanted was to put an ass on the bench in case of dire emergency, they should have just stayed pat.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Because he knows the offense which puts him about 6 weeks ahead of anyone else they could have signed.