Jevon Snead waived by Bucs

Come on guys enough of the talk about getting another QB. I am not happy with our QB situation but the Bills Front Office isn't going to pick up another QB. Gailey and Co. have made it clear that it's going to be TE, Fitz, or BB.

Come on guys enough of the talk about getting another QB. I am not happy with our QB situation but the Bills Front Office isn't going to pick up another QB. Gailey and Co. have made it clear that it's going to be TE, Fitz, or BB.

Huh...I don't think San Jose Bills Fan said or implied anything about us signing or wanting to sign Snead.

One year ago, Snead was viewed as an elite prospect. Today he was cut before the first workout.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...t-to-bucs-camp/

And, if he is cut before the first workout what does that say?

This is so ridiculous! If guys are being cut now by their own teams befoe

the first preseason game then something is very wrong with them and if you think

they'd help the Bills well then you better check out their Madden ratings!

And, if he is cut before the first workout what does that say?

This is so ridiculous! If guys are being cut now by their own teams befoe

the first preseason game then something is very wrong with them and if you think

they'd help the Bills well then you better check out their Madden ratings!

But he has so much more "upside" than Fitzpatrick. The Bills must bring him in to compete. :ph34r:

Huh...I don't think San Jose Bills Fan said or implied anything about us signing or wanting to sign Snead.

OK. Then what was the purpose of the thread? Just to tell/inform us that Snead got released? I think it's safe to say the thread implies that maybe Buffalo should consider him. Or at least we can start talking about whether we think the front office should take a look at him? Something along those lines....

Better yet let me just ask him.

he left school after his junior year to enter the draft. Todd McShay was the one pumping him up.

No one should ever listen to Todd McShay.

This goes down as the worst early entry into the nfl ever

Agreed - someone gave him some terrible advice.

I'm just guessing here, but I think it was to inform you that Jevon Snead was cut and a year ago many thought he was and elite prospect.

Way to jump to conclusions. :ph34r:

I just stated my opinion and politely asked the man what the purpose of his thread was. If I was wrong then I apoligize.

San Jose, I was wondering what the purpose of this thread was?

MPL - I thought it would be another annoying "let's sign another team's trash" thread at first but it's not the case. Some posters should get the benefit of the doubt and San Jose is clearly one of them. He's (I assume he)a solid contributor.

he left school after his junior year to enter the draft. Todd McShay was the one pumping him up.

Maurice Clarett

OK. Then what was the purpose of the thread? Just to tell/inform us that Snead got released? I think it's safe to say the thread implies that maybe Buffalo should consider him. Or at least we can start talking about whether we think the front office should take a look at him? Something along those lines....

Umm...it's a FOOTBALL board, and this was interesting FOOTBALL news?

MPL - I thought it would be another annoying "let's sign another team's trash" thread at first but it's not the case. Some posters should get the benefit of the doubt and San Jose is clearly one of them. He's (I assume he)a solid contributor.

I agree with you. I don't always agree with San Jose and we have had our differences. Nevertheless, I do enjoy his posts. I don't hold any grudges.

San Jose was simply pointing out that a once highly rated qb has been released. You are reading too much into it. A simple clear point is just what it is: a simple clear point.

I used to have an english teacher wack me over the head and scream at me: don't tell me what you think the passage says, tell me what it actually says. :ph34r:

10 to 1 the kid is back in prison on a parole violation within 6 months.

I disagree with you. It took a lot of fortitude to go back to Ohio State where he is very well know for his exploits on and off the field. As I stated before I wish him the best.

I don't like McShay but he was spot on about Clausen. It's a joke profession that guys like McShay and Kiper are lucky to be in. They both have more misses than hits but it's entertainment. That's why people need to take their opinions with a huge grain of salt. Neither guy has spent a day in a NFL front office and never will.

Although I felt strongly all along that Snead would NOT turn out to be a good NFL quarterback, I feel bad for him. I don't know if he based his decision strictly off of McShay or some agent, but it was a definite bad move.

The kid left college early for the draft, doesn't even get drafted, then gets cut before pre-season. Ridiculous.

As most surmised (I have one person on ignore but was able to figure out the dynamic of this thread), the reason for my post was firstly to report the news.

It is funny how some jump to conclusions about some intended meaning to the original post. And ironically there was a subtext…just not the one that the person assumed.

It was a litmus test for which posters here have some brains and the ability to understand exactly what they are reading, and also have an understanding of the topics in our community here.

The subtext is that the Snead story is a cautionary tale to those who are already fixating on Jake Locker (Jay Clocker…thanks Crayonz), Ryan Mallet, Andrew Luck, Christian Ponder, Terrelle Pryor, et al.

Bills fans IMO shouldn't spend too much time thinking about these players.

Some of these highly-touted players will flame out. Other players will come from off the radar screen and establish themselves as top QB prospects.

There is even a miniscule chance that quarterback will not be an issue after this season based on the surprise performance of whomever ends up starting for the Bills. Another possible scenario is that the Bills will draft for another position in the 1st round next year…that when the smoke clears on this season that they find they still have a greater need than quarterback or that the best value when they pick is not at quarterback.

The waiving of Jevon Snead seemed like a good time to imply these points.

Anyways, most of you passed the test.

San Jose, I was wondering what the purpose of this thread was?

So by your logic, all of the threads created the past month about Revis, Kindle, Bradford, Pat White, Eric Berry, Buluga, Jack Tatum, Haynesworth, Tebow, and EVEN a Lebron james thread all imply that these players should be signed by the bills? :ph34r:

When a person creates a thread about a news story, they usually create it to discuss the said topic. that is how message boards work usually.

Just goes to prove once again that you should ALWAYS stay away from QBs with a big gun for an arm and zero-to-negative intangibles (ie. Bledsoe, Losman). Thank God the Bills didn't waste a draft pick on him.

Just goes to prove once again that you should ALWAYS stay away from QBs with a big gun for an arm and zero-to-negative intangibles (ie. Bledsoe, Losman). Thank God the Bills didn't waste a draft pick on him.

Rico.....I cant agree on Bledsoe.....if the bills were smart enough at that time to go a little overboard in the spending of a dominant offensive line to go in front of him he would have done much better here.....and he did pretty darn well for the Patriots for a amount of time......

I would take a QB that played in a super bowl even if he didn't win it.

One year ago, Snead was viewed as an elite prospect. Today he was cut before the first workout.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/...t-to-bucs-camp/

WHAT A BUM...and people here wanted us to draft him...even in the earlier rounds!!!

Snead sucks...GO RUDY!!! (GO Sun-Devils!)

(Seems to me like another Brian Brohm story.)