T.O. signs with Bengals

Schefter Tweet

Filed to ESPN: Terrell Owens reached agreement with Bengals on a one-year, $2 million deal that includes another $2 million in incentives.

Yeah, I would pass on spending $4 M on this guy again. Sorry but the run is done, I appreciate his professionalim.

Yeah, I would pass on spending $4 M on this guy again. Sorry but the run is done, I appreciate his professionalim.

Completly Agree. I'd much rather see him go to a team that is ready to take the next step, than to the Bills who we know aren't there and also need to develop their younger players. If we were on the bubble, then sure. I wish him the best and hopefully he can help the long suffering Bangles Franchise.

Very happy that he didn't go to the NJests

This should be fun.

I agree. It was fairly amusing to the sane fan to watch folks hyperventialting about TO becoming a cancer for the Bills based on their reading of his past actual events.

A sane reading would have understood that TO has a complete history of being a total boy scout his first year and he can only split the team and fans if half of them believe in him.

It was actually quite amusing watching folks declare doom even before training camp got underway as surprisingly TO showed up for voluntary practice but then skipped out (it turned out he long had had commitment to be in Philly to receive an award for his work with kids with the disease).

The hilarious thing was watching folks declare any faux pas by him imagined or real as the end of the world when the reality was he was simply leading this team in recepts and yards.

The sad truth is that though TO did not deserve to be a Bill there was a strong cadre in the media and among some fans that are even lower on the food chain than TO.

The Cincy version of this dance will be fun.

Who cares where T.O. signs if you as me. Granted, I think he will still be productive, but we won't have to deal with him much. It'll be interesting when we play him on Nov. 21st in Cinci, but we have one of the better secondaries in the NFL so I'm not worried. Good for him that someone finally picked him up but at the end of the day I'm just worried about our WR's and that's it.

Honestly, this is a great fit for both sides. He still has some game left in him and they needed someone that can take pressure off of Ocho. Not to mention they are already accustom to dealing with a bigger than life personality in Ocho, so dealing with TO should be familiar for them. It also helps they have a solid running game and solid QB with young talent at TE as well. He should compliment their game and likely will be a happy camper being on a contender.

If this was 2005, this would be awesome. TO is on his last legs and will have to accept being a #3, 85 is getting older and just wants to be famous, and Carson Palmer is a shell of himself.

That said, the Bengals have a good defense so they might hang around.

Perfect situation for T.O.. Cinci's window of opportunitiy is open. They will be a great combo, Palmer must be licking his chops. AFC north will be good to watch. Cinci lit it up when they TJ Houshwenzata. I think TO will have similiar success. Carson Palmer is way better than anybody one of our QB's. Good for TO.

2 + 2 in possible incentives. And we paid him what, 6.5 last year.

Cinci is getting a pretty good deal and it should be a much better environment for TO. Seems like a good fit for both sides.

This makes our quick signing of him last year for $6.5 million seem all the more foolish. He had no other offers or interested teams.

2 + 2 in possible incentives. And we paid him what, 6.5 last year.

Cinci is getting a pretty good deal and it should be a much better environment for TO. Seems like a good fit for both sides.

That's a good deal. They have a lot of weapons - no way he hits all the incentives.

How many bums on our team make more than $2 million?

This makes our quick signing of him last year for $6.5 million seem all the more foolish. He had no other offers or interested teams.

Part of the reason he has had trouble this year is because of his decreased production with the Bills. It's unlikely he would have received that amount elsewhere than Buffalo though.

i definitely was hoping that we resigned him at the end of last season. i think his decreased production was both his fault and the qbs. but it never really seemed to me that he was happy in buffalo and i remeber thinking in the tennesee game that he was about to lose it. 2 million is so cheap really wish we would have resigned him

definitely cant wait to see wht happens when we play cinci

before to was a bill i used to love seeing him all upset when things didnt go his way. on our monday night meltdown against dallas rite before they recovered the onside kick and hit the winning field goal when they went for 2 and romo tried to hit to in the end zone mcgee broke up the play and to looked like he was gonna cry i got a real kick out of that i always thot he was such a jackass and i think alot of us football fans did

but then when we signed him all of a sudden i found my self liking the guy. it will definitely make the buff cinci game interesting wonder who buff will put on him

i do miss to but we have some good up and coming receivers in my opinion and i am interested to see how they do guess he never really was a good fit for us

all things considered i do wish to the best except for when we play the bengals to probably doesnt give a damn what any of us in buffalo think anyways.

and if he scores a td or puts up big numbers against us i definitely see him going all out with the celebration probably even gettin flagged for it. letn some of that frustration and bitterness towards us that all of us know he has built up in him

I'll be interested to see if T.O. plays any harder for the Bengals.

PTR

He'll play harder because the QB is Carson Palmer. He half asses routes here because he had no faith that 1. the line would hold up and 2. our QB would pull the trigger. Hell, he played harder when Ryan Fitzpatrick was the QB because he knew he would actually try and throw it in there

He'll play harder because the QB is Carson Palmer. He half asses routes here because he had no faith that 1. the line would hold up and 2. our QB would pull the trigger. Hell, he played harder when Ryan Fitzpatrick was the QB because he knew he would actually try and throw it in there

he definitely did remeber that jacksonville game when fitzpatrick set the franchise td record for longest td hitting owens with the bomb from our own end zone after he audibled that was such a beautiful play

people constantly **** on fitz but last year i felt way more comfortable when fitz was in instead of edwards. he was never scared to stand in the pocket take off if he had to and throw down field

i think to had 9 receptions that game and a 100 somethin yards great game but we lost

then on thanksgiving interview when they asked him what he had to b thankful for he said ryan fitzpatrick

TO was a model citizen in Buffalo last year and played hard. There's no reason for Bills' fans to hate.

That said -- it will be fun watching TO and Ocho take turns dropping footballs.

Yeah, sure. Despite his (relatively) poor season last year, he had 5 suitors (as per Rosenhaus, the Bengals, Hawks, Jets, Rams, and Raiders) this past off-season. Not that the amount he was paid means anything, because again, Evans got paid more for less.

And I don't see why anyone thinks this is a bad move for the Bengals. He proved in Buffalo, as well as everywhere else, that he's a model citizen his first year. And he'll be with his bud CO.

Yeah, sure. Despite his (relatively) poor season last year, he had 5 suitors (as per Rosenhaus, the Bengals, Hawks, Jets, Rams, and Raiders) this past off-season. Not that the amount he was paid means anything, because again, Evans got paid more for less.

And I don't see why anyone thinks this is a bad move for the Bengals. He proved in Buffalo, as well as everywhere else, that he's a model citizen his first year. And he'll be with his bud CO.

His agent was very vocal about all his suitors this year. Who were the other teams last year that were so interested that the Bills coughed up $6.5 mil?

Evans was under contract well before TO was signed. No point there.

His agent was very vocal about all his suitors this year. Who were the other teams last year that were so interested that the Bills coughed up $6.5 mil?

Evans was under contract well before TO was signed. No point there.

The Bills jumped on TO as soon as he was cut and gave him a good offer, but still well below what guys like Housh and Coles got. He never left Buffalo to find out what other offers there were. And mentioning Evans' salary has as much of a point as you continually mentioning what the Bills paid TO.

The Bills jumped on TO as soon as he was cut and gave him a good offer, but still well below what guys like Housh and Coles got. He never left Buffalo to find out what other offers there were. And mentioning Evans' salary has as much of a point as you continually mentioning what the Bills paid TO.

No. The Bills couldn't "unpay" Evans, or pay him less than they agreed to. They could have paid TO a lot less. Can't break it down any more than that.